1. 1. Who wins?

• Livingston
    • Vidor

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Well i can say this. Now that we have made a playoff birth Bolinger WILL NOT be playing. He may take a few snaps. Maybe 2 or 3 but not many at all. I'm gonna say rest our starters.

I don't like what I see as far as the coaching, but one thing I do know the kids will not lay down, even if the coaches fail them. So I'm staying behind these kids because they will come to play and not quit. Vidor could very well win, but I promise it will be a great game on the part of the kids. So lets line up and play!!! Looking forward to a great game!! ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Your so right badndn, Bull has definitely been missed. His absence has hurt the Lions but they are making adjustments. The safety in the Ozen game really killed them not counting no passing. They did alot of passing last night against LCM and it paid off. It should be a great game and very emotional for the Vidor kids without Thomas. I have to pick Livingston though.

Livingston 34

Vidor 21

Vidor has already punched their playoff ticket, so they don't have as much to play for...better to heal up for the playoffs...Livingston on the other hand has everything to play for so I will go with them for that reason only...all things equal, I would pick Vidor, but the circumstances lead me to pick otherwise this time...Livingston 28, Vidor 21.

Shame for Ozen because IMO, they are the best offensive team in the district...unfortunately for them, they took a few weeks off early and it bit them in the butt...just goes to show that they all count

Honestly I see Vidor winning this game.Its in Vidor and I don't think Coach Matthews is gonna want to go into the playoffs with another loss. I don't see him holding anyone out for this game. He knows they need this victory to bring up their spirits and doubt. I look for Vidor to win by 10.

You won't find a team that will lay down on senior night regardless of what's at stake....

Vidor will win this game, although I don't buy into the idea that it's because Mays is out.... Vidor is a good football team, and they lost to the hottest team in Southeast Texas last night (PNG).... Don't give up on Livingston because with Collins and Antonio White back there for the Lions, they are still tough to stop....

[quote name="pngfan66" post="1098864" timestamp="1319901273"]
Honestly I see Vidor winning this game.Its in Vidor and I don't think Coach Matthews is gonna want to go into the playoffs with another loss. I don't see him holding anyone out for this game. He knows they need this victory to bring up their spirits and doubt. I look for Vidor to win by 10.
[/quote]
I agree with your take on this game, no let up from the Pirates.  A play-in game for Livingston so they have a lot more at stake.  Playing at home I think balances it out  for Vidor.  Toss up with the home field giving a slight edge to the Pirates.

Gotta go with Vidor. If Vidor keeps working on their passing offense, which did great agaist us, they will be better and have more chances in each game. That running offense takes so much time off the clock and if they get down they need a way to score fast. With that said, Vidor will NEVER give up!!! They fight to the bitter end. That is what I love about them and hate about them when we play 'em. Bull Mayes was and is a huge loss for Livingston. Quarterback is fast as lightning but don't know if that will be enough. If Vidors offense stays on the field like I know they are capable of doing, I think they'll take it. Bollinger will probably rest, but I think the other backs can step up.....being an honest injun, need Vidor to win so we can be Div II #1 seed.......
Vidor 23
Livingston14
[move] 8)[/move]

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PlayActionPass" post="1099854" timestamp="1319995510"]
Have any of you idiots seen Liv play this year? Their D is the reason they are 7-2! Two shutouts, in this district! Twice they have held teams to ZERO completions. The reason they are NOT 9-0 is the dang O. Get real guys and watch the dang games.
[/quote]
There "amazing defense" lost to a team that we beat.

Nuff said.

[quote name="PlayActionPass" post="1099854" timestamp="1319995510"]
Have any of you [b]idiots[/b] seen Liv play this year? Their D is the reason they are 7-2! Two shutouts, in this district! Twice they have held teams to ZERO completions. The reason they are NOT 9-0 is the dang O. Get real guys and watch the dang games.
[/quote]

Wow...."idiots" little harsh don't you think?  Step back from the ledge buddy

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PlayActionPass" post="1099867" timestamp="1319996114"]
TwoCents, do you know anything about football? If the D is on the field the whole game, the special teams gets punts blocked and the O cant move the ball, then its impossible to win.
[/quote]
Exactly. And your point is? The teams that beat you did what they needed to do. They kept your offense off the field. Which is exactly what Vidor is gonna do to yall friday.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PlayActionPass" post="1099872" timestamp="1319996510"]
Didnt LIV beat PNG? How'd that purple treat yall?
[/quote]
Didn't yall lose Mays your leading rusher?

How's that working out for yall?

Vidor wins this game for several reasons.  Vidor is at home.  Livingston has to travel and does not play as well on the road...especially at Vidor.  Vidor coaches and players will not want to lose to Livingston at home, on Senior night, or limp into the playoffs...too much pride. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder