Vidor vs. Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/PN-G wins!!

WOSgrad

Congrats to the Indians for the win in a very intense game....you guys deserve your playoff spot. The Pirates came out flat which is what I was afraid of after the highly emotional week they had just been through. I'm proud that they didn't give up but fought back and put themselves back in the game in the fourth quarter. Pirates hold your heads high you have the pride and support if this town behind you.
Indians you guys played strong last night and gave an outstanding effort, you were in a do or die situation and you came out and did what you had to do....props to the boys in purple.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="badndn" post="1098939" timestamp="1319906251"]
Soulja, that DB was # 8 Chase Romero. Speed! Same kid that took a KO against Crosby 102 yards and picked off Green of Ozen at the five and took it 95 yards for a TD. [/quote]
He's got 4.4 speed and is an incredible DB...gonna miss him next year! Bandndn....you know if he has been looked at by any colleges?
[move][color=purple][size=14pt]Go NDN Nation!!!![/size][/color][/move]

Ive had a chance to watch the Pirates play most of their games this season and I cant recall a game where they were bigger than the other team at the line of scrimmage.  the offensive and defensive lines have played some great football for the Pirates.  This team of Pirates seems to have more heart than I have ever seen from a Pirate team.  Their motor just keeps running and no matter what the score is, they just keep on pluggin away at the team they are facing.  PNG played a great game and deserved the win last night.  It is my belief that they will make the playoffs and should do very well once they get in. The Pirates made the playoffs last night, even though they lost the game, so I am very proud of those kids who have had to overcome some very tough off the field obstacles. I know that they have dedicated their season to Matt Thomas and I believe that Matt would be so proud of his teammates carrying his memory into every game they play.  Now, lets go Pirates....the Pirate Nation wants the season to keep on goin, keep on winning.  Pirates Ah-Ouu....

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1098939" timestamp="1319906251"]
Soulja, that DB was # 8 Chase Romero. Speed! Same kid that took a KO against Crosby 102 yards and picked off Green of Ozen at the five and took it 95 yards for a TD.

What Horsecollar are you refering to? Do you even know the horse collar rule? The play in question was shown on replay. Tackle was made from the side. NDN pulled him down by the pads, yes, but not from the back and not backwards. That is not a horsecollar. And Vidor was never called for a horsecollar. [b]The only Personal Foul on Vidor was the late hit OB, Which was legit[/b]. If anyone should be upset about the officiating or lack there of it should be PNG. Nelson was held on every pass thrown his way and got only two calls. Got tackled on one play while the ball was in the air, but no call (Vidor was flagged for being offsides on the play). OF course our coach didn't jump around on the field like an idiot for the next ten minutes about it. Mathews really looked like a fool out there for a while. He does himself no favors acting like that with the officials. You get calls and you don't, make your argument (as heated as you want)then move on!!!
[/quote]
Not arguing with you. Yall won fair and square. But that was not a late hit on the QB. It was hitting out of bounds on us and it was done on Bertrand on our side of the field but what Mathews went crazy over along with some of the fans was Bertrand literally pulled down Cooper with his face mask and that is also a personal foul. Yes Cooper tackled him out of bounds but there was the face mask therefore the penalties should've been offsetting. That's why Mathews went crazy. And about the ten minute ranting come on man. He yelled for two minutes maybe and then he got back to business. Yes Mathews is a lil high spirited but he isn't as bad as most people make him. Just like your coach doesn't like to take knee's and likes to take timeouts when he's up by 30 that's his style of coaching. Yelling and getting in the refs face is Mathews style of coaching. I don't dog your coach for coaching the way he does so don't dog Mathews for showing his passion of the game.

[quote name="Pirate Pride" post="1099208" timestamp="1319922850"]
Congrats to the Indians for the win in a very intense game....you guys deserve your playoff spot. The Pirates came out flat which is what I was afraid of after the highly emotional week they had just been through. I'm proud that they didn't give up but fought back and put themselves back in the game in the fourth quarter. Pirates hold your heads high you have the pride and support if this town behind you.
Indians you guys played strong last night and gave an outstanding effort, you were in a do or die situation and you came out and did what you had to do....props to the boys in purple.
[/quote]
Wrong.....it was not a do or die situation. Even if we had lost we would have been in good shape. After a lopsided win over Ozen we were in good shape in a tie breaker.

mytwocents go back and read the bold part again, It say late hit OB not QB. You guys probably couldnt see as well as we could, but Mathews berated that official for quite a while. Message I had was just make ur argument and move on. You get better results.

Please tell me when Faircloth has ever called a Time Out up big in a gaame to score more??? Sounds like more PNG hater made up BS that you have bought into without actually finding out that it is not factual!

I am proud of the Indians for hanging on to win this game and respect the Pirates for fighting to the bitter end. Many posters from Vidor have congratulated us and said how proud they are of their team. Both teams left it all on the field.....why can't we as fans do the same? I for one, will be pulling for both teams the rest of the season/post-season.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1099608" timestamp="1319944461"]
mytwocents go back and read the bold part again, It say late hit OB not QB. You guys probably couldnt see as well as we could, but Mathews berated that official for quite a while. Message I had was just make ur argument and move on. You get better results.

Please tell me when Faircloth has ever called a Time Out up big in a gaame to score more??? Sounds like more PNG hater made up BS that you have bought into without actually finding out that it is not factual!
[/quote]
Okay i didn't see that it said OB. My bad lol.

As for the couldn't see as well as yall could did yall have binoculars or something cuz Mathews stayed on his side of the field, THEREFORE we had a better view of him than you did. I know your opinion is he should make his argument and leave and that's what he did. He made his argument and he let it be. Last time i checked there wasn't a time limit on making an argument in football. I'm sorry that he didn't do in your opinion of the right time. The next time i see him i'll tell him to check with the PNG fan base on there allotted time in making an argument and i'm sure he'll try to stick with it next time.  ::) And as for the timeout statement i was just going off what i have seen on here about calling timeouts and not taking knee's and stuff. That's it. I wasn't arguing that he did it. Just simply mentioned it. You just love to pick apart my statements and find every lil single hole in it don't you.

Alright the game is over, what has happened has happened. Nothing and no-one can go back and change anything. Now its time for both teams to focus on their next games. I for one know that Vidor is a very good team and will represent 20-4A very well in the playoffs. I can tell you that if Vidor plays on a different day than PNG then I will be there watching them play and yelling them on. To me in the playoffs I pull for PNG and all South East Texas teams ! Except if they play PNG of course. I predict for Vidors game with Livingston to be close till the 3rd quarter when Vidor goes on a scoring rampage and blows the Lions out. If Vidor starts passing a bit more then you will catch alot of teams off guard and make some huge plays. All in all, Great game Friday night, Vidor is a very good team, they will do great in the playoffs. Yes your D is good, very aggressive and quick.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wew
    Newest Member
    wew