Guest KHS 89

Who takes it  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it

• PNG
    • Vidor

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Enjun07" post="1097185" timestamp="1319822882"]
i think yall underestimate faircloth..he has a plan for arvie...and obviously there is something different between the two running backs that makes the coaches play bertand more
[/quote]

Enjun, I can appreciate your team/coaching staff loyalty, but since Arvie is a Senior then what is Coach Faircloth's plan?  To let him graduate without knowing how good he is among his peers?  Here's what it sounds like from the outside looking in:  either the "Arvie Hype" has gotten blown way out of proportion or there's a new level of politics in the PN-G football program.  I realize that I'm going to catch major grief (and smites) for making these comments but you guys just beat around the bush there in mid-county.  Which is it with Arvie - or is there something else that should be recognized regarding his lack of playing time?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate_pride_07
not accusing anyone of anything just stating some reason players don't play when people think they should.

1. Better person in front of them
2. Coaches playing favorites
3. politics
4. disciple problems
5. bad attitude

Wow. Shouldn't all you "coaches" be preparing for a game tonight, instead of getting on a message board? Arvie has done really well at the end of games against defenses that have been beaten down. All Bertrand has done is put himself in the elite of all-time PNG rushers and carried the load for us the past two years. If Arvie was the better back, he would have been starting last year as a junior on Varsity instead of Bertrand. The Arvie love I have seen on here and the PNG site is really puzzling to me. Let's remember, if faircloth wouldn't have came here, Doty would not have played QB his junior year and Miller wouldn't have even been a QB. I think I will trust his judgement instead of all you "internet coaches" who have probably never been to a PNG practice to see what the coaches see. Good Lord.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1097287" timestamp="1319828715"]
[quote author=Enjun07 link=topic=90240.msg1097185#msg1097185 date=1319822882]
i think yall underestimate faircloth..he has a plan for arvie...and obviously there is something different between the two running backs that makes the coaches play bertand more
[/quote]

Enjun, I can appreciate your team/coaching staff loyalty, but since Arvie is a Senior then what is Coach Faircloth's plan?  To let him graduate without knowing how good he is among his peers?  Here's what it sounds like from the outside looking in:  either the "Arvie Hype" has gotten blown way out of proportion or there's a new level of politics in the PN-G football program.  I realize that I'm going to catch major grief (and smites) for making these comments [b]but you guys just beat around the bush there in mid-county[/b].  Which is it with Arvie - or is there something else that should be recognized regarding his lack of playing time?
[/quote]

NO beating around the bush....we just arent going to hash it out and fight amongst ourselves on this forum for the world to see...we do enough of that on our own forum...no since in airing out the panties here!

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1097257" timestamp="1319827167"]
Whats the story on A.J. Smith....dual threat? Pocket Passer?
[/quote]
Pocket Passer. Tall (6'5) with a plus arm. If AJ makes the strides in his game like Miller did from last season to this point, AJ could be special.

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1095860" timestamp="1319734725"]
[quote author=raider44 link=topic=90240.msg1095597#msg1095597 date=1319692410]
Do not see the Pirates winning this one! PNG too much for them.
[/quote]

You may not "see" the Pirates winning, but you will "hear" about the Pirates win around 10 tomorrow night. LOL  ;D
[/quote]This Indian "woman" knows you will leave our reservation with your with your crossbones missing and chopped to pieces!

[quote name="NOO90" post="1097220" timestamp="1319825260"]
[quote author=90PNGNDN link=topic=90240.msg1097217#msg1097217 date=1319824975]
I have only seen one game live this year since I live in the DFW area (last week vs LCM)...but he sure did look good..granted the game was over by the time he got into the game.  I'm sure there is a reason why he has been used so little....it's just hard as fans to understand.
[/quote]

I am just gonna go THERE...$$$$$$$
[/quote]C'mon....Can I get your [i]signature[/i] on that?
Fumbling is not why he is not playing.......Consensus with coaches is that Bertrands the guy and you don't want to take him off the field. I agree with that, but think that Arvie could compliment Bertrand very well. Our offense iset up for one back, but seems like the two up back formation could be run more often. If defense has to focus on two hosses seems like that's a better option.

[quote name="badndn" post="1097347" timestamp="1319832099"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=90240.msg1097257#msg1097257 date=1319827167]
Whats the story on A.J. Smith....dual threat? Pocket Passer?
[/quote]
Pocket Passer. Tall (6'5) with a plus arm. If AJ makes the strides in his game like Miller did from last season to this point, AJ could be special.
[/quote]

Thanks

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1097299" timestamp="1319829758"]
Wow. Shouldn't all you "coaches" be preparing for a game tonight, instead of getting on a message board? Arvie has done really well at the end of games against defenses that have been beaten down. All Bertrand has done is put himself in the elite of all-time PNG rushers and carried the load for us the past two years. If Arvie was the better back, he would have been starting last year as a junior on Varsity instead of Bertrand. The Arvie love I have seen on here and the PNG site is really puzzling to me. Let's remember, if faircloth wouldn't have came here, Doty would not have played QB his junior year and Miller wouldn't have even been a QB. I think I will trust his judgement instead of all you "internet coaches" who have probably never been to a PNG practice to see what the coaches see. Good Lord.
[/quote]
Brennan was going to be starting QB no matter who was coaching from sophmore on....that much talent, so I don't know where that comment came from. I have talked to a couple of the coaches to get the story and some of the same stuff is said which I can see the potential issues. I think most if not all NDN fans recognize the talent from Bertrand. He is incredibe to watch. But, an example of what could happen with both of them in the back field can be seen in the Crosby films. Crosby was keying on Chase and shutting him down until Arvie came in. That is when Bertrand got his big run. We can save any comments on Fairclothes play calling or decisions for another thread because I think we got away from this one. That is to beat some Pirates!! Good luck :D to both teams!!!

Benoit was the backup QB behind Tatum and was going to be the QB in 2009 if Burnett stayed. That's where that comment came from. Talk to kids that were in the program then, they will tell you. Doty was running the option on JV and hurt his knee as a sophomore. No doubt he was a great talent, but that's not the issue. My point is, these coaches know what they are doing and for fans to question them on what a kid has done at the end of games during mop up time is ridiculous.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1097382" timestamp="1319835068"]
Benoit was the backup QB behind Tatum and was going to be the QB in 2009 if Burnett stayed. That's where that comment came from. Talk to kids that were in the program then, they will tell you. Doty was running the option on JV and hurt his knee as a sophomore. No doubt he was a great talent, but that's not the issue. My point is, these coaches know what they are doing and for fans to question them on what a kid has done at the end of games during mop up time is ridiculous.
[/quote]To be honest...he has played against the starters and never missed a beat.  We haven't seen him just at mop up times. But again, we can discuss this elsewhere.... I'm sure mytwocents doesn't care who runs against them tonight, just that Bollinger is running against us...... ;D

OK. I will be the one wearing purple. ;D Eating crow goes both ways. I have refrained from making predictions or talking trash, because I hate jinxing my team. It should be a great game and after tonight, I will be pulling for the Pirates for the rest of the season/post-season. I hope for a good, clean injury free game.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1097395" timestamp="1319835982"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90240.msg1097382#msg1097382 date=1319835068]
[/quote]To be honest...he has played against the starters and never missed a beat.  We haven't seen him just at mop up times. But again, we can discuss this elsewhere.... I'm sure mytwocents doesn't care who runs against them tonight, just that Bollinger is running against us...... ;D
[/quote]
Well personally i want bertand running just because him and david have a lil score to settle since the 2009 JV game at vidor.  8)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1097407" timestamp="1319836432"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1097389#msg1097389 date=1319835624]
Hey ndnsrock44 and Purple Runs Deep don't go running anywhere. I'll see yall after the game with your crow in hand.  8)
[/quote]

I'll get a recipe from you...I know you have some ;D
[/quote]
Hmmmmmm idk. Your the one with 3 losses. I only have 1.  8)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1097412" timestamp="1319836646"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=90240.msg1097410#msg1097410 date=1319836500]
I forsee a "EAT CROW HERE" thread Saturday morning where "someone's" gonna "have some splainin' to do". 

;D    ;)    :P
[/quote]

LOL Yep!!!  ;D
[/quote]
Question is who's gonna be?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1097401" timestamp="1319836192"]
[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=90240.msg1097395#msg1097395 date=1319835982]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90240.msg1097382#msg1097382 date=1319835068]
[/quote]
Well personally i want bertand running just because him and david have a lil score to settle since the 2009 JV game at vidor.  8)
[/quote]

Well,  lokks like that score is finally settled!  :)

[quote name="dme1111" post="1097228" timestamp="1319825640"]
Hard to believe they did not play Arvie more.  I hate it for the kid.  He seems to be very athletic.  Makes you wonder why...
[/quote]
Arvie is a good athlete but the right back is playing. Look what Bertrand is doing and has done.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder