266 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it

• PNG
    • Vidor

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE MY INDIANS....But if Vidor figures out a way to stop Bertrand and the passing game is off tonight....can someone please get a memo to the coach that we have an excellent running back in ARVIE and he IS allowed to use him!!!!  If this kid would have gotten the attention he deserves, he would be right up there in the stats.  Let's go DEFENSE...we are gonna need you tonight

[quote name="NOO90" post="1097030" timestamp="1319815424"]
LOVE MY INDIANS....But if Vidor figures out a way to stop Bertrand and the passing game is off tonight....can someone please get a memo to the coach that we have an excellent running back in ARVIE and he IS allowed to use him!!!!  If this kid would have gotten the attention he deserves, he would be right up there in the stats.  Let's go DEFENSE...we are gonna need you tonight
[/quote]
You expressed a sentiment of alot of Indian fans. Much confusion to why he does not play more to take pressure off of Bertrand. Politics I think, which drives me crazy... >:( Arvie can flat out run. And he has tree trunks for legs! If he were at any other school he'd probably be starting and at the top of rushing heap. He rushed for 2600 yards last year on JV. I know its JV but still. Everytime he has gotten the ball this year he has had very good yardage. Just think with both Bertrand and him in the backfield, some of those losses we had could have been wins. I think he will see some action tonight. Vidors D is tough so we will need all the help we can get.

I think that both schools athletes will leave it all on the field and each give stellar performances.

Something tells me this game will ultimately be won by coaching.  It will be who can make the right adjustments and which coaching staff can step up and get the win.

Good luck to both teams and I hope the NDN's can pull out all stops and come out with a win tonight!

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1097045" timestamp="1319816363"]
[quote author=NOO90 link=topic=90240.msg1097030#msg1097030 date=1319815424]
[/quote]
You expressed a sentiment of alot of Indian fans. Much confusion to why he does not play more to take pressure off of Bertrand. Politics I think, which drives me crazy... >:( Arvie can flat out run. And he has tree trunks for legs! If he were at any other school he'd probably be starting and at the top of rushing heap. He rushed for 2600 yards last year on JV. I know its JV but still. Everytime he has gotten the ball this year he has had very good yardage. Just think with both Bertrand and him in the backfield, some of those losses we had could have been wins. I think he will see some action tonight. Vidors D is tough so we will need all the help we can get.
[/quote]

Frodo...Arvie a JR?

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1097113" timestamp="1319819161"]
[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=90240.msg1097045#msg1097045 date=1319816363]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Frodo...Arvie a JR?
[/quote]Nope...Senior, but he has some brothers coming, one is a sophmore or freshman, that are just as good if not better...actually run the ball a lot...

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1097045" timestamp="1319816363"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

LOVED watching him drive on Lumberton....carried about 6-7 players on his back and kept on driving...AMAZING.  Come on coach....Let him play...it's HIS senior year also!!!  Was so excited for this year after watching JV to have Bertrand/Arvie/and don't forget scrappy Womack...to only be disappointed by seeing a one man show.  Nederland obviously had Bertrand's number and I think Arvie would have been an excellent counterpart...after all, there is no film on the guy this year...coaches took care of that.

Man don't even get me started about arvey, the crowd knows the kid can run. Why not let him get some touches and save bertrand for later I n the game.. it seems he gets stronger as the game goes on. Don't get me wrong bertrand is a heck of a back, but I think arvey can compliment him well with his speed and hole hitting ability. Kinda reminds me of the year we went to state with bo wortham and bergereon running the pill. When they were done, baxter the cornerback would come in and tear it up.. that team was loaded with runningbacks! I would love so see the kid get about 8 to 10 carries just to see and give chase a lil breather. Womack ain't no slouch either! Both these guys just going to waste!

[quote name="NDNation" post="1097173" timestamp="1319822283"]
Arvie a Senior? I was thinking we would get to see him start next year! That is one waste of talent standing on the sidelines.
[/quote]

Nope...that's what is so sad.  Wommack is a Junior though, just wish he had Arvie/Bertrand's size.  The problem is....when Bertrand's in the backfield, we know who is getting the ball..EVERYONE knows who is getting the ball.  If you had a couple of them back there...SURPRISE!!!

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1097160" timestamp="1319821718"]
Man don't even get me started about arvey, the crowd knows the kid can run. Why not let him get some touches and save bertrand for later I n the game.. it seems he gets stronger as the game goes on. Don't get me wrong bertrand is a heck of a back, but I think arvey can compliment him well with his speed and hole hitting ability. Kinda reminds me of the year we went to state with bo wortham and bergereon running the pill. When they were done, baxter the cornerback would come in and tear it up.. that team was loaded with runningbacks! I would love so see the kid get about 8 to 10 carries just to see and give chase a lil breather. Womack ain't no slouch either! Both these guys just going to waste!
[/quote]

Yes sir!!! The good ole days  ;D ....shame about Arvie very talented wish he was an underclassman

[quote name="Enjun07" post="1097185" timestamp="1319822882"]
i think yall underestimate faircloth..he has a plan for arvie...and obviously there is something different between the two running backs that makes the coaches play bertand more
[/quote]

That's what I keep thinking, but time is a ticking!!!!  Thought maybe he didn't want to show all his cards early in preseason, but this is ridiculous...now just hoping for a playoff bid.  Natives are getting restless!!

Arvie has about 10-15 carries and has fumbled twice. Once we recovered. Folks if you turn the ball over you will loose the coaches trust. I think this is partially what has happened. Chase has there trust and rightfully so. 400+ carries in two years with only three fumbles!

Antoine Arvie is a Freshman and from what I hear could be the starting tailback next year. Could see womack in the slot like Lacour.

I have only seen one game live this year since I live in the DFW area (last week vs LCM)...but he sure did look good..granted the game was over by the time he got into the game.  I'm sure there is a reason why he has been used so little....it's just hard as fans to understand.

[quote name="NOO90" post="1097198" timestamp="1319823798"]
[quote author=Enjun07 link=topic=90240.msg1097185#msg1097185 date=1319822882]
i think yall underestimate faircloth..he has a plan for arvie...and obviously there is something different between the two running backs that makes the coaches play bertand more
[/quote]

That's what I keep thinking, but time is a ticking!!!!  Thought maybe he didn't want to show all his cards early in preseason, but this is ridiculous...now just hoping for a playoff bid.  Natives are getting restless!!
[/quote]

Hope Arvie wasnt planning on playing at the next level...or needing a football scholarship. SAD SAD

[quote name="90PNGNDN" post="1097217" timestamp="1319824975"]
I have only seen one game live this year since I live in the DFW area (last week vs LCM)...but he sure did look good..granted the game was over by the time he got into the game.  I'm sure there is a reason why he has been used so little....it's just hard as fans to understand.
[/quote]

I am just gonna go THERE...$$$$$$$

[quote name="NOO90" post="1097220" timestamp="1319825260"]
[quote author=90PNGNDN link=topic=90240.msg1097217#msg1097217 date=1319824975]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your in trouble now ;D Thats a whole nother thread by itself!

[quote name="NDNation" post="1097225" timestamp="1319825562"]
[quote author=NOO90 link=topic=90240.msg1097220#msg1097220 date=1319825260]
[quote author=90PNGNDN link=topic=90240.msg1097217#msg1097217 date=1319824975]
[/quote]

[/quote]

HAHA...had to open up that can of worms since it never seems to be mentioned!!

[b]GASP![/b]
[/quote]

[quote name="badndn" post="1097215" timestamp="1319824737"]
Arvie has about 10-15 carries and has fumbled twice. Once we recovered. Folks if you turn the ball over you will loose the coaches trust. I think this is partially what has happened. Chase has there trust and rightfully so. 400+ carries in two years with only three fumbles!

Antoine Arvie is a Freshman and from what I hear could be the starting tailback next year. Could see womack in the slot like Lacour.
[/quote]

Good input....cant wait to watch him!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1097191" timestamp="1319823065"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=90240.msg1097160#msg1097160 date=1319821718]
[/quote]

Yes sir!!! The good ole days  ;D ....shame about Arvie very talented wish he was an underclassman
[/quote]

I admit that I don't know the talent level at PN-G like you guys do, but . . . . if Arvie is as talented as you say, why is ne NOT sharing P/T on the field? ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder