Kirbyville Beat IN OT 35-28

Me and a friend, my 2 daughters, and 2 of their friends (Balla, that was 6 of us), made the trip to Conroe to support 21-AAA. I gotta say Sweeny should have never come close to winning this game!

With right at 6:30 left in the 4th quarter, Kville up 21-14, 3rd and goal on the Sweeny 4, after having run the ball down Sweeny's throat for about 50 yards, the clock ticking away, and Kville calls a PASS!

- Incomplete to Crawford in the EZ (bad)

- Clock stops (BAD)

- Now 4rd and goal, and Kville goes for the FG, after having missed 2 PAT's ALREADY (BBAAAADDD)! :shock:

(1) Kicker misses field goal - No points to put game away and create a 2-posession scenario for Sweeny

(2) OK - If you go for it on 3rd and goal, and again on 4th and goal, there's no guarantee you will come away with points (except you have run on them all game long), but IF you don't get points, clock continues to run, and you give them the ball back inside the 5 with 95 yards to go and now about 5 minutes or less left in the game.

(3) By missing the kick, you give them the ball on the 20 instead of change of posession at LOS inside the 5.

WELL - Kville defense steps up and holds, and makes Sweeny punt. The punter, "Tank" Carder for Sweeny ( who I think missed about 3 plays the whole game, going both ways plus special teams -- Remember this name!), who has already punted at least twice for about 45 yards, has the wind at his back (again), and Kville keeps their returner at about 30 yards. Sweeny puts the ball OVER the returner, and downs the ball on the 1 yard line - 75 yard punt! The kick could have been EASILY fair caught, or caught and returned for a minimal return somewhere around the Kville 35 or 40. Now, with their back against the wall, Kville fumbles on the first play, and Sweeny recovers, goal to go, with about 4 minutes left, and then scores to tie the game.

In my opinion, the whole paragraph above SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED! Poor judgement in Coaching cost the Wildcats another game in the play-offs!

I know Coach Alvarez is a gutsy coach, who likes to play the odds, and for the most part, it has suited his team well all year, but I believe it cost them the game yesterday, and I am indeed sorry for that. Kirbyville handled Sweeny for most of the game, with Pierce Rhodes on the sideline, and should have come away with a 3 to 14 point win.

This Cardinal would like to say - The Kirbyville players should be proud of their effort - They played well! Congrats on a great season, and we'll see you next fall at your house!

Hey, Birdman......I was also at the game Friday............same song second ( or third) verse..........it always comes down what the coach calls.....sad.:cry:

We have the talent.......we just need the proper leadership..........Great effort to the Kirbyville Wildcats, as well as the Silsbee Tigers, the West Orange Stark Mustangs, and the Newton Eagles.........we are looking forward to next year !!!!!! :wink:

Hey' date=' Birdman......I was also at the game Friday............same song second ( or third) verse..........it always comes down what the coach calls.....sad.:cry:

We have the talent.......we just need the proper leadership..........Great effort to the Kirbyville Wildcats, as well as the Silsbee Tigers, the West Orange Stark Mustangs, and the Newton Eagles.........we are looking forward to next year !!!!!! :wink:[/quote']

what a moron! I think Kirbyville overachieved this year. I keep reading on here about how young they are. I think those coaches over there did a great job with those kids. There's only 450 kids in that school. Great job Wildcats and Wildcat coaches. Don't let people like this discourage you.

What sucks is that WO-S, who was the #3 team still alive, had to meet the #2 team, while Kville got Sweeny. Seriously! WO-S would have beat Sweeny by 20+. Instead, one of the genuine contenders had to bow out, while another meat team gets to advance. I guess that's how the chips fall, but I'm allowed sour grapes, right? WO-S would likely have lost to Giddings anyway, but not this early. An off night against Sweeny would have been a game a little closer than it should have been but a win. An off night against Giddings was a close loss.

Moronic - Your opinion. Mine, as stated above, is that Kville SHOULD have won this game by 3-14 points, but gave it away by poor management and decision-making. I was there, and saw it happen.

I hate that it happened for our District, and for the Kville players. Hey, I was just a fan from BC. No sour grapes on part - My school had nothing left to lose. But an injustice to ANY school's players doesnt sit well with me - I feel like the better team didn't score more points, and has to sit home now instead of moving on.

In my opinion, the same could be said for the WO-S game (I was there, also) AND the Silsbee game (I got phone reports on it, and didn't witness that debauchle).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi