Silsbee 41 West Columbia 44-Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 carries for 296 yards? The WC coach is working that young man like a mule. He had similar numbers last week. Whatever it takes I guess.

Big ups to the Silsbee Tigers this year. None of the state polls thought they would do anything this year. If the had gotten pass this team they might of run the table. Putting up 41 points means you left it all on the field. Can't ask for more than that. Job well done.

~ Kountzer ~

Taken me three days to get over this game. First off, let me give a congratulations to Columbia for one heck of a game.

Second, my hats off to the Tigers and their QB Harper. He put up a performance that he should never feel bad about. He left everything on the field.

I enjoyed the year Tigers. See ya next season.

Guest airitout123

The finish was hard to swallow, however, I was very proud of the fight that the Tiger's gave. Personally, I thought that Harper's performance was the best from a Silsbee QB that I have seen in many years, or at least during Bubba's tenure. We have had some dual threat QB's, but none that ran like Harper.

Secondly, Calhoun's catch on the sideline was absolutely spectacular. That was the best HS catch that I have ever witnessed.

I walked away disappointed. Not for me but for the kids. They deserved to win and they knew it. The coaches and players should be very proud.

The finish was hard to swallow' date=' however, I was very proud of the fight that the Tiger's gave. Personally, I thought that Harper's performance was the best from a Silsbee QB that I have seen in many years, or at least during Bubba's tenure. We have had some dual threat QB's, but none that ran like Harper.

Secondly, Calhoun's catch on the sideline was absolutely spectacular. That was the best HS catch that I have ever witnessed.

I walked away disappointed. Not for me but for the kids. They deserved to win and they knew it. The coaches and players should be very proud.[/quote']

i still think we were the better team

Yes' date=' he's Winfred's son.[/quote']

Then young Harper got a lot of good athletic dna passed his way. I don't recall Winfred playing much organized sports for Silsbee, but he definitely was a well respected street balla. Down at the b ball court at the 10th street park. 3 on 3, make it take it. Winfred was one of the names you wanted on your team.

Lots of legendary Silsbee basketball stars used to play at the 10th street park. Michael Dabney and James Simmons are 2 names that come to mind. Michael, whose nephew played on the state championship Ozen team a few years ago with Kendrick Perkins, was as good a basketball player as has ever been seen in the golden triangle, especially during his sophomore and junior years. I wish they had some of the mass media, video and internet, etc. to preserve some of that stuff.

James lived around the corner to the park. he had mad handles, and a swing around Earl Monroe type move with the basketball that was wicked. It got him a full scholarship and starting point guard position with Rice U. for 4 yrs. Now James is a big time insurance attorney in greater Houston. Michael is working for the beaumont enterprise, last I heard.

Some old skool Silsbee streetball trivia.

~ Kountzer ~

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho