Red Raider Shoot Out!!

Betrayed

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Ochocinco" post="1085146" timestamp="1318795355"]
Why is everyone betting on Bmt G. What have they accomplished? Lum W, Superbowl winning coach and several experienced players.
[/quote]

Now Ocho... what kind of question is that.  They have actually accomplished as much or more than LUM W has this year.  Your toughest opponent this year has been NED B...a good team, but not a great team ([b]and you only beat them by 1 point![/b]).  BMT G's toughest opponent was LUM R (arguably a little better than NED B) and they beat them by a resounding 46 to 19...a 27 point difference.

Truth is, neither of the two teams (BMT G and LUM W) has been truly tested in their weaker division.  Get you a taste of PNG G, PA and WOS all in the same division.

If anyone hasn't mentioned it yet, last year's SuperBowl is over.

As far as the experience...I'll take BMT G's speed.  BMT G wins this in a close one.

Good luck to both teams.  I will be watching this one for sure!

ocho, you just dont know what you are talking about. after playing ,wos,bmt-g,pa, after watching png-g play pa, and after watching one other png-g game, these are by far the 4 best teams in peewee 2011. ive seen lum-w play  3 times this year and i hope ,wish they could win the super bowl if we ,lum-r dont do it. i promise you # 11 is probably the one of the top 3
players this year, 23 is small ,but a fast kid with skills and both play a mean defense. # 3 is next in line ,big and fast, both
sides of the ball , he will be a factor. # 9, is a defense guy who is solid, now im not anointing bmt-g or png-g one of the
super bowl champs, but if i was a betting man that would be my pick, one of these 2. reallity sucks sometime, but until you play these 3 teams i mentioned,  its just air time we all have on here, this is fun. im not nocking all the other teams, not dogging all the others and lum-r still has png-g on our last game, so i can speak, feel , on the field with these guys, have video of our games and watched them 4 r 5 times each, this is why i say ,the schedule,teams you play have a lot to do with your sucess. png-g has beat pa,wos, these are some tuff teams.  next 2 weeks will sift everything out. so ocho, you asked :who you got, hoping in lum-w, go raiders, they are also undefeated, so they have put in their work,good lucklum-w

[quote name="Ochocinco" post="1085582" timestamp="1318814119"]
#3 up the middle isn't gonna work. So plan B is #23. Fast but small. I hope he can take a pounding. Far as #11, the qb, Its gonna Be a long day for him as well.
[/quote]

They will beat you outside.  Their #9 is good too.  By your own admission, LUM R has two outstanding players #8 and #9.  They beat them up the middle [u]and[/u] outside (mostly big plays outside).  I truly wish y'all the best, but in your division, they are the team to beat!  No disrespect to LUM W...they are really awesome.

Bring your "A" game LUM W.  Y'all can definitely win, but don't take ANYTHING for granted.  BMT G is the favorite for a reason.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1085549" timestamp="1318812137"]
[quote author=Ochocinco link=topic=89960.msg1085146#msg1085146 date=1318795355]
Why is everyone betting on Bmt G. What have they accomplished? Lum W, Superbowl winning coach and several experienced players.
[/quote]

Now Ocho... what kind of question is that.  They have actually accomplished as much or more than LUM W has this year.  Your toughest opponent this year has been NED B...a good team, but not a great team ([b]and you only beat them by 1 point![/b]).  BMT G's toughest opponent was LUM R (arguably a little better than NED B) and they beat them by a resounding 46 to 19...a 27 point difference.

Truth is, neither of the two teams (BMT G and LUM W) has been truly tested in their weaker division.  Get you a taste of PNG G, PA and WOS all in the same division.

If anyone hasn't mentioned it yet, last year's SuperBowl is over.

As far as the experience...I'll take BMT G's speed.  BMT G wins this in a close one.

Good luck to both teams.  I will be watching this one for sure!
[/quote]

the same point i was trying to make in the last thread that has been taken away.  :o  ???  good luck boys, but try not to get the big head just yet, the game isnt until sat. keep it together, the whole season was a warm up compared to this game. i will also be staying to see this game, it will be a good one  :D

[quote name="Ochocinco" post="1085644" timestamp="1318818185"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=89960.msg1085624#msg1085624 date=1318816869]
[quote author=Ochocinco link=topic=89960.msg1085582#msg1085582 date=1318814119]
#3 up the middle isn't gonna work. So plan B is #23. Fast but small. I hope he can take a pounding. Far as #11, the qb, Its gonna Be a long day for him as well.
[/quote]

They will beat you outside.  Their #9 is good too.  By your own admission, LUM R has two outstanding players #8 and #9.  They beat them up the middle [u]and[/u] outside (mostly big plays outside).  I truly wish y'all the best, but in your division, they are the team to beat!  No disrespect to LUM W...they are really awesome.

Bring your "A" game LUM W.  Y'all can definitely win, but don't take ANYTHING for granted.  BMT G is the favorite for a reason.
[/quote]So why play the game? What would you do? Matter of fact, who so we need to stop and how would you stop them?
[/quote]

You play the game for 3 reasons:

1. You owe it to your kids
2. They are on the schedule...duh.
3. Nothing is absolute...LUM W can win, they are just not the favorite.

To answer your other question:

If it were me coaching Lum White, I would do everything in my power to contain the outside.  Don't worry about punishing them...worry about catching them.  2 good corners is a necessity.  At least 1 if not 2 good LB's is too.  Put your fastest guys that can fundamentally pursue and tackle on the outside...they don't have to be your bruisers, they have to be your speed demons.  Your offense will be able to score on them...y'all have an excellent scheme with lots of misdirection (2 different offenses even).  Any weakness their offense has is compensated by sheer speed.  They will throw the ball some too, but (like every other Pee Wee team) they will run 80% of the time.  I am sure you have seen film on them, but you don't grasp their speed until they have burnt your best kids and are running into the endzone.

ocho ,again its your question,post,you are asking, we are responding, i would love for lum-r to win it all, we could ,so 4 r 5 other teams could ,thats why you play the game ,you play to win, nobody  has given anybody the crown, itsa post that has asked who you got, im hoping for lum's win , but you play the game,somebody wins,somebody loses, thats reality. go  raiders

[quote name="Ochocinco" post="1085677" timestamp="1318819625"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=89960.msg1085662#msg1085662 date=1318819047]
[quote author=Ochocinco link=topic=89960.msg1085644#msg1085644 date=1318818185]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=89960.msg1085624#msg1085624 date=1318816869]
[/quote]

[/quote]So why play the game? What would you do? Matter of fact, who so we need to stop and how would you stop them?
[/quote]

If it were me coaching Lum White, I would do everything in my power to contain the outside.  Don't worry about punishing them...worry about catching them.  2 good corners is a necessity.  At least 1 if not 2 good LB's is too.  Put your fastest guys that can fundamentally pursue and tackle on the outside...they don't have to be your bruisers, they have to be your speed demons.  Your offense will be able to score on them...y'all have an excellent scheme with lots of misdirection (2 different offenses even).  Any weakness their offense has is compensated by sheer speed.  They will throw the ball some too, but (like every other Pee Wee team) they will run 80% of the time.  I am sure you have seen film on them, but you don't grasp their speed until they have burnt your best kids and are running into the endzone.
[/quote]That does require alot of Tools. Tools that we may not have. We all know #3 is their Best player on both sides of the ball, and the others are all speed. Speed vs Discipline and Power. I don't think catching them will be a problem. Doing it for all 4 qtrs will be our biggest concern. We know how to win, Do they is the question
[/quote]

If you don't think catching them will be a problem, then you have already lost the ball game.  It is basically the ONLY problem.

I think they DO know how to win...they've had a lot of practice at it this year and in FLAG.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1085708" timestamp="1318822276"]
[quote author=Ochocinco link=topic=89960.msg1085677#msg1085677 date=1318819625]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=89960.msg1085662#msg1085662 date=1318819047]
[quote author=Ochocinco link=topic=89960.msg1085644#msg1085644 date=1318818185]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]That does require alot of Tools. Tools that we may not have. We all know #3 is their Best player on both sides of the ball, and the others are all speed. Speed vs Discipline and Power. I don't think catching them will be a problem. Doing it for all 4 qtrs will be our biggest concern. We know how to win, Do they is the question
[/quote]

If you don't think catching them will be a problem, then you have already lost the ball game.  It is basically the ONLY problem.

I think they DO know how to win...they've had a lot of practice at it this year and in FLAG.
[/quote]

Great point, SmashMouth......Oh, and Ocho, their success in FLAG was without #3........

OK.... Ochocinco how about you stay off my team??? Dont be a little "punk" and act like your represent Lumberton White!!! Lets all be big boys and admit what team your from, if any??? Everybody knows I'm the head coach from White and do not allow any coach from my team to get on here and talk crap!!! So man up!!! Who are you??? No disrepect to anybody but I cant stand when ppl get on here and hide behind a username.

[quote name="LR33" post="1085809" timestamp="1318855486"]
OK.... Ochocinco how about you stay off my team??? Dont be a little "punk" and act like your represent Lumberton White!!! Lets all be big boys and admit what team your from, if any??? Everybody knows I'm the head coach from White and do not allow any coach from my team to get on here and talk crap!!! So man up!!! Who are you??? No disrepect to anybody but I cant stand when ppl get on here and hide behind a username.
[/quote]

Breathe...it's ok.  I don't think he ever said he was the coach.  He does make claims that you might not agree with, but Hell, we all do.  You have an awesome team to be proud of.  Ocho says some stupid stuff, but he usually has some pretty good stuff on here...Good luck to you guys! 

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1085810" timestamp="1318855787"]
[quote author=LR33 link=topic=89960.msg1085809#msg1085809 date=1318855486]
[/quote]

Breathe...it's ok.  I don't think he ever said he was the coach.  He does make claims that you might not agree with, but Hell, we all do.  You have an awesome team to be proud of.  Ocho says some stupid stuff, but he usually has some pretty good stuff on here...Good luck to you guys!
[/quote]

Good Luck to Gold! And you to Username... O sorry Smashmonth

[quote name="Ochocinco" post="1085814" timestamp="1318856224"]
Unbelievable. Now your comparing their flag Success to Lum W Superbowl winning Peewee Success. This team is battle field tested. Numbers don't lie. Wos team was faster last year, How did that go. Its hard to come down to Red Raider country and get a W. Respect is earned, not giving. The've played the same teams we've played, and we beat the same teams they beat. Don't matter who beat who the worse, that's not our style. All im saying is that they're Trying to get where were at, and accomplish what we've Accomplished. All I keep reading about is the same few players, its gonna take more then that to knock us off. See ya Sat, and y'all better buckle up
[/quote]
Come on, you can do it! Man up!!! 

[quote name="demons95" post="1085826" timestamp="1318857560"]
Ok ok I'll do it.  Boy this is tough.  Hi my name is Demons95 and I'm an alcoholic.  YAY I did it I manned up. Who's next you Smashmouth, you Ocho.  I doubt very seriously that Ocho is from Lum-W.
[/quote]
We all know you Demons95. Im always keeping my eyes on your post!!!

I love the friendly smack talk cuz I have known one of the guys on BMT-G for a long time, before we even had the kids we are talking about.  I just hate the people that get on here and every team that beats them has to be the best ever.  Because they beat us they are the fastest, because they beat us they hit harder.  What it all comes down to is they are 7 and 8 and you never know who is gonna show up.  Realize that people are commenting on a game that if one kids wakes up with a hard booger his game will be messed up. HA HA

[quote name="demons95" post="1085826" timestamp="1318857560"]
Ok ok I'll do it.  Boy this is tough.  Hi my name is Demons95 and I'm an alcoholic.  YAY I did it I manned up. Who's next you Smashmouth, you Ocho.  I doubt very seriously that Ocho is from Lum-W.
[/quote]

Ok...you forced me into it.  I go by SmashMouth but my real name is...wait for it...wait for it... Ali Akbar.  I run a 7-11, and I talk to all the parents and kids after practice and games about football.  In my country, we did not have football.  We played suicide bomber...thankfully, I never won.

Who's next?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder