Hull-Daisetta vs West Hardin/One of the oldest and biggest rivalries in Texas!

The H-D vs West Hardin rivalry goes back to 1924 when WH was called Saratoga. These two towns are 8 miles apart and first rule of being a Bobcat is to never lose to West Hardin. Over the years H-D has been very successful with winning against WH and H-D dominates the total win/lose column vs the Oilers. The record for H-D vs WH is 34-8 in the Bobcats favor. Last season the Bobcats won 27-12. This season WH has a very talented team that is well Coached. This game friday night is gonna be good!!  http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=74004.0

H-D 35
WH 28

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Grammar Police" post="1084661" timestamp="1318732796"]
Important thing to note:

Half of WH's 8 wins against HD have happened in the past 10 years. HD just does not dominate folks like they did 30 or so years ago.

They have proven to be below average since they last fielded a good team in 1979. They have only won 3 playoff games in the past 32 years.
[/quote] That's your opinion. If you research those past H-D teams they were very elite and established a level of play that is not often seen. Such as the national record 43 game winning streak and the 6 regional championships which was basically a state championship back then. Also a State Championship in 1979. Only a hand full of teams can say they had that level of skill and success in their program. Very unfair to compare anyone to those awesome early Bobcat teams. If you ask some of those 79 Bobcat players, they will tell you the Bobcat teams of the early 90's may have had the most talent, they simply ran into buzzsaw teams like Groveton and Alto in the 1st and 2nd rounds every year. Bottom line is H-D is #7 on the most victories list with over 514 wins. Also H-D is #6 in most playoff appearances with 31. Heck buddy even WOS, PNG and Newton are not as dominate as they once were back in the day.  ;)  http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php/win-loss-records/

[quote name="Grammar Police" post="1084661" timestamp="1318732796"]
Important thing to note:

Half of WH's 8 wins against HD have happened in the past 10 years. HD just does not dominate folks like they did 30 or so years ago.

[glow=red,2,300]They have proven to be below average [/glow] since they last fielded a good team in 1979. They have only won 3 playoff games in the past 32 years.
[/quote] Making the playoffs every year is not below average TARD. That would be above average since only three teams go. lmao!!  ;D ::)

Alright Ladies, settle down!  Let's get back to the subject at hand and that's West Hardin winning this year against the Bobcats.

Last week vs West Sabine I didn't make a prediction because I wasn't sure of what Oiler team was going to show up.  Two very key turnovers were the deciding factor in our loss to the Tigers.  Say it was injuries or whatever, but West Sabine did just run up and down the field scoring at will like many anticipated, my Oiler defense looked really good most of the night.  Only one blown pass coverage for a Tiger TD.

There is no doubt that the Oilers & Bobcats will bring their very best to this game and it should be very exciting game to watch.  I think Bobcat 55 is a little off on the score, I don't think it's going to shoot out at all.  I can see more of a defensive struggle in this one.  All of the Oilers are healthy finally!

West Hardin - 22
Hull-Daisetta - 8

WH is a pretty good team with good coaches.  That being said, I still pick HD to take this game.  With this rivalry you can throw numbers and game film out the window.  Like most other HD teams from the past, this team knows this is the must win game of the season.

HD 42
WH 28

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1084793" timestamp="1318753510"]
[quote author=Grammar Police link=topic=89929.msg1084661#msg1084661 date=1318732796]
Important thing to note:

[glow=red,2,300]They have proven to be below average [/glow] since they last fielded a good team in 1979. They have only won 3 playoff games in the past 32 years.
[/quote] Making the playoffs every year is not below average TARD. That would be above average since only three teams go. lmao!!  ;D ::)
[/quote]

hmmmm......finishing third in a five team district is above average?

WH coming off two loses against really good teams (Lovelady and West Sabine), HD coming off two wins against really bad teams (High Island and Colmesneil, plus lost to a really horrible team called IOLA, not to mention being destroyed by Kountze and Deweyville).  I will take WH in this one, just because they are coming off those tough losses, which makes them a little bit hungry (playoff spot on the line) along with the chance to end some of the talk about the rich Bobcat history that I for one am getting tired of hearing about.

8)

[quote name="TAMU" post="1085501" timestamp="1318809232"]
WH coming off two loses against really good teams (Lovelady and West Sabine), HD coming off two wins against really bad teams (High Island and Colmesneil, plus lost to a really horrible team called IOLA, not to mention being destroyed by Kountze and Deweyville).  I will take WH in this one, just because they are coming off those tough losses, which makes them a little bit hungry (playoff spot on the line) along with the chance to end some of the talk about the rich Bobcat history that I for one am getting tired of hearing about.

8)
[/quote]

That's an applaud for you!  ;D

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1085609" timestamp="1318816162"]
[quote author=TAMU link=topic=89929.msg1085501#msg1085501 date=1318809232]

8)
[/quote]

That's an applaud for you!  ;D
[/quote]

Well you wanted an outside view of it, so I thought that I would give you one.    ;D  Probably will not make someone happy , but oh well  ::)

Why should HD posters stop talking about our rich history?  The only people it should bother are those with less of a history.  For HD, unlike some other schools, winning isn't a "come lately" thing its a tradition.  If someone has a problem with our history and tradition maybe they should build some at their school, so they are not worried about others.  Let's stop the jelousy stuff.  History says HD dominates this game and I for one am crazy enough to with that.  HD has built their reputation with hard work and winning games.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1085838" timestamp="1318859214"]
Oilers by 14........the HD team in 79 had 24 and 25 year old men on that team.....although they could have still been seniors I guess.
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D Thats probably the only TRUTH about the HD History.... & I agree about this never ending nonsense of HD rich history.. Apparently someone is stuck in the past.... but I have faith in the WH Boys to add that 9th win over HD with no problem.

[quote name="HD94" post="1085878" timestamp="1318861166"]
[b]Guys you all are just eaten up with envy[/b].  Its ok one day you too can have a history.  On another note this won't be the first confident WH team to leave Daisetta with a loss.
[/quote]

It's not that at all, like I have said on here before it's great that HD has had a very productive past and they should be proud of it.  What gets to me is that no matter what there are some that just run it into the ground, and make it out that they are better than everyone else.  I feel that is the biggest problem alot of people have with some HD posters and these posters know this.  ;)  Now I still feel that WH will win this friday, if not then so be it and good luck to both teams.  8)

[quote name="TAMU" post="1085914" timestamp="1318863568"]
[quote author=HD94 link=topic=89929.msg1085878#msg1085878 date=1318861166]
[b]Guys you all are just eaten up with envy[/b].  Its ok one day you too can have a history.  On another note this won't be the first confident WH team to leave Daisetta with a loss.
[/quote]

It's not that at all, like I have said on here before it's great that HD has had a very productive past and they should be proud of it.  What gets to me is that no matter what there are some that just run it into the ground, and make it out that they are better than everyone else.  I feel that is the biggest problem alot of people have with some HD posters and these posters know this.  ;)  Now I still feel that WH will win this friday, if not then so be it and good luck to both teams.  8)
[/quote]  I don't think HD is better than everybody else, but I think it is totally appropriate to bring up the history of a series.  You see this in college and profressional football as well.  This does not give any team an automatic win on Friday, but does show that other WH teams from the past have been good and still lost to HD.

[quote name="HD94" post="1086002" timestamp="1318867458"]
[quote author=TAMU link=topic=89929.msg1085914#msg1085914 date=1318863568]
[quote author=HD94 link=topic=89929.msg1085878#msg1085878 date=1318861166]
[/quote]

[/quote]  I don't think HD is better than everybody else, but I think it is totally appropriate to bring up the history of a series.  You see this in college and profressional football as well.  This does not give any team an automatic win on Friday, but does show that other WH teams from the past have been good and still lost to HD.
[/quote]

You are one of the few, who feels like that.  You are right about history of a series, its done all over the place.  Yet at times it can get a little watered down by some folks.  Personally, just let the kids play the game and let it go.  :)

Burkeville won state in 2000.  Are they a powerhouse today?... The point is the past means absolutely nothing.  I think that just because HD consistently makes the playoffs does NOT mean they have a rich history of winning.  They made the playoffs last year as a 5-5 team.  Average.  Then got destroyed 1st round making them 5-6.  Below average.  Same thing the year before. Consistenly making the playoffs in a weak district just means that you have a history of winning in that district.  HD was beat by Iola this year and Iola doesnt have a chance of making the playoffs.  What does that tell you?..

Back to the point.  Past means nothing.  WH wins this year.

WH 26
HD 14

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder