Dayton vs. Goose Creek Memorial Game Thread/GCM wins!!

WOSgrad

Guest UHCoog14
Go look at GCM's penalty yards. Cost them a TD and at least  100 yds of total offense.

Durden (#10), has played much better the last 4 games. Throwing the  ball well and used his legs  quite well also tonight. Wimberly (#44) is a work-horse. The soph (#33) did  not have a  rushing  attempt tonight. He provides a change of speed.

Can't wait until Friday. Time to  see  if these boys are ready for prime time.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it is what it is.... Dropped balls, interceptions, players being shuffled around to try and make things work, young players with little or no Varsity experience.. must I go on? Seems like there was a lack of enthusiasm. I dunno.. something is going haywire somewhere. Hope it can be fixed and soon. Oh and there was a ref trainer on the side lines taking notes on the refs...  ???

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1083577" timestamp="1318652651"]
The reason we dont run the ball is because we dont try read the paper tomorrow bet we averaged 6 yds per carry we just choose  to throw way to much and dont blame the receivers they had a few dropped passes but herrera threw some bad int and he had all day to throw the ball dont know what game you were watching
[/quote]

Chronicle has you Yard per carry at 5.71 tonight.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1083581" timestamp="1318652948"]
Go look at GCM's penalty yards. Cost them a TD and at least  100 yds of total offense.

Durden (#10), has played much better the last 4 games. Throwing the  ball well and used his legs  quite well also tonight. Wimberly (#44) is a work-horse. The soph (#33) did  not have a  rushing  attempt tonight. He provides a change of speed.

[/quote]

Goodlord yall had 100 yards and Dayton had 55 yards tonight in penalties

If everyones goal is to beat Dayton this year, they better get a better measuring stick, because Dayton sucks, plain and simple, the defense is the giving up way too much, Stewart himself said the emphasis at Dayton is always gonna be defense, defense and more defense.
When team after team runs the ball down your throat week after week, you need to better prepare for the run, which isn't happening.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1083481" timestamp="1318650580"]
CongratsTo GCM!!!! Yall seem to be peaking at the right time! Dayton I don't know whats going on either its like after the BH game yall have just quit!! Not a lot making sense in this district right now. BH beats dayton by 7 GCM beats yall by 27 and GCM loses to CEK then BH beats them by 28!!!! And then you have the 42 point beat down of Lee by BH and Lee takes yall to the wire!! Don't know whats wrong in Dayton land ,but you better get big stu back and fast!
[/quote] Honestly no team is going to be on top of the heap for ever things go in cycles. Dayton is the program that put 19a and this area on the map ( the last 10 yrs ) we made every team in 19a better by setting the bar high . Yes were having a down season  so far ,but the season isnt over - call me crazy but I see alot of potenial in this team and I don't get blown away when we lose. Not going to play the blame game and point fingers . This team is not big and doesn't have alot of depth were loaded with  youth with no Seniors on the defensive line yet we only had one blow out game. The score tonight wasn't so much the fault of GMC as it was the Bronco's  killing them selfs with unforced fumbles and dumb mistakes , somethimes thats how the ball bounces . GCM has a good team, but hardly as good as we've seen this year.  Congrats to them its always fun to watch kids celebrating after a good win .  All BH has to do is clog the middle and game over something we couldn't do on a regular bases. GCM does have a very good  RB that like's to run over people !

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1083481" timestamp="1318650580"]
CongratsTo GCM!!!! Yall seem to be peaking at the right time! Dayton I don't know whats going on either its like after the BH game yall have just quit!! Not a lot making sense in this district right now. BH beats dayton by 7 GCM beats yall by 27 and GCM loses to CEK then BH beats them by 28!!!! And then you have the 42 point beat down of Lee by BH and Lee takes yall to the wire!! Don't know whats wrong in Dayton land ,but you better get big stu back and fast!
[/quote]

Looks like Stewart could pull down about 250K if he is encouraged to come back. Guess he is marketing himself like "New Coke". Wonder if has a " How do you like me now "shirt yet?

[quote name="liltex" post="1083565" timestamp="1318652312"]
To be a real fan you've got to take the bad w/the good.If you haven't noticed Dayton for the 1st time in awhile we cannot effectivly run the football.Herrera is doing all he can w/pressure.Tonight he threw 3 pics but recievers looked like they were not sharp on their routes.The run defense has been poor for several games.We struggled w/GP and Lee and except for a little defense stepping up in the second half we could be 0-4 in dist instead of 2-2.Congrads to GCM the better team tonight.Going in I knew we had to play real well and we didn't.[b]Some left early but I stayed late in support for my team[/b].I will not blame any coach period nor any player.I'm still a believer now lets finish strong Broncos.Dust yourself off and keep working 8)
[/quote]

Last night the fans actually started to come alive (mostly positive besides me screaming [b]RUN YOUR RUNNING BACK NOT YOUR DEFENSIVE BACK[/b]) even while we getting our tails whipped. There wasnt a mass exit and cheered DA BRONX till the last second. I agree just got to keep working and get ready for da next one.

[quote name="bronco.football11" post="1083759" timestamp="1318681449"]
Stewart is not the only coach they are missing.  Like it or not Nations was going to [b]run the ball first [/b] and find ways to make the run game successful.  The pass fed off of the run and that formula was pretty successful, even in down years.
[/quote]

and use his RB to do it  :-X

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1083779" timestamp="1318683396"]
I heard they were going to put corranco at running back next week and let mcbride start doing our kicking duties and our new defensive scheme will put 1 man on the line and pht the other 10 at the goal line. Hope the changes fix our problems.
[/quote] ::)

Just curious... when was the last time a district team put over 30 on the Broncos?  Waddell and I were trying to figure that out, can't recall?
Moral of the story last night.
Turn over the ball on your side of the field 5 times or more, is a recipe for disaster.  Best part of my video last night, might have been the halftime performance.  Updating my website now.

The Broncos need #20 at 100% SO BAD!!!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1083607" timestamp="1318653924"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=89856.msg1083581#msg1083581 date=1318652948]

[/quote]

Goodlord yall had 100 yards and Dayton had 55 yards tonight in penalties
[/quote]
Amen, they are all playing better, especially Durden. He is playing much smarter and is showing what he is capable of when making good decisions. If needed, I hope we see #33 in the game against BH. Dayton did not even get a dose of him. A lot more shifty with speed. Wimberley was a horse all night.

Coaches seem to be making the much needed adjustments as needed. Not many needed when you move the ball at will on Dayton. 300+ yards rushing. Wow!

I hated to see Jakari just not the same player. He is one of the best RB's I have seen in a while. Will he overcome his injury? I sure would like to see him play on Saturdays in the next few years.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1083793" timestamp="1318684577"]
Just curious... when was the last time a district team put over 30 on the Broncos?  Waddell and I were trying to figure that out, can't recall?
Moral of the story last night.
Turn over the ball on your side of the field 5 times or more, is a recipe for disaster.  Best part of my video last night, might have been the halftime performance.  Updating my website now.

[b]The Broncos need #20 at 100% SO BAD!!![/b][/quote]

That's one I'm still trying to figure out. How is it that someone can be well enough to play (almost the whole game) but not well enough to touch the ball? I know he played most of the Lee game but I wasn't at the game last night.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1083892" timestamp="1318693297"]
broncofan55,

I'll be there too. My first band contest. Our daughter is  a freshman in the GCM Band.

Do we get to taunt the other bands?
[/quote] No you don't! I will be there also... Our Band Marches @ 5 or 5:30 I heard both times. Can't wait... I hope to see alot of support coming to PNG today.... YAY! Bronoc Band! I love me some band geeks! Mine plays in the PIT! ;D

There was alot of talk from the Dayton fans last year about how much talent was coming up from the JV and 9th grade teams. I think it was said that the 9th grade team may have the most talent that's come along for a long time. Not trying to be a smart arse. Asking a legit question, where is this talent? Is it there or did alot of these players drop from the program or is it something else? Just curious. I know it was mentioned that this is a young team right now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86