Huffman vs. Shepherd Game Thread/Huffman wins!

No Shepherd didn't change there game plan, it looked like the Shepherd Defense got tired and gave up a few big plays. Shepherd's offense just doesn't put long drives together at all and couldn't stay on the field long enough to give the defense a break. Huffman wants to get on here and say they were flat and had a lot of dropped balls, but from were I sat it looked like the blitz affected the Huffman QB and he threw the ball at the WR feet and over their heads a lot in the first half. Seemed the more pressure that Shepherd applied and the more they put the QB on his back the worse he looked. I will say that when Shepherd didn't get to him he (Huffman QB) made them pay. He is really good if you give him time to throw. Oh and one of those scores for Huffman came with about 1 min left in the game (8 pts.) to make the score look a little bit bigger than it really was. I want to say that 80% of there rushing yards the whole night came on that long run.  The score after 3 quarters was 21-14. Yes Huffman held Shepherd to minus yards in the second half and yes they scored 29 unanswered points. I know Huffman fans you don't have to say it again. But if you are going to come on here and say that they came out flat and had a lot of dropped balls (isn't that part of the game also) Why can't you just say Shepherd's defense blitzed you to death and they took it to you for the first 3 quarters. I will say after seeing Coldspring, Cleveland and Huffman that Huffman is the second best team in distric no doubt. So Huffman don't get on here and say I am bashing your team cause I am not, I think they are good, but need to fix the QB protection and running game.

[quote name="idk" post="1078242" timestamp="1318189391"]
No one from Shepherd has gotten on here and said a word, i guess they were letting Huffman tell it their way. How about your QB didn't have anytime to throw the ball most of the night. It seemed like he didn't like being hit. I will give it to him, when he had time he made Shepherd pay. So if you would like to say dropped balls and coming out flat is why the score  was 14 to 6 at the half go ahead. But Shepherd took it to Huffman for most of the game. I guess Shepherd could get on here and say they lost cause of the fumbles they had in the 3rd quarter. If I remember they had 3 just in that quarter and still only trailer 21 to 14 at the end of 3. So I guess tell it the way if makes you feel better.

If huffman can't protect the quarter back any better than they did on Friday night, Coldspring will make the quarterback pay.
[/quote]

NOOOOO Sheperd did not take it to is MOST of the game. Sheperd scored once on offense and once a kickoff return in the first half. THATS IT! They had 166 yards total the entire game with negative yards in the 2nd half. So, your statement is false! They did indeed put a lot of pressure on the qb bringing more than we had to block. They made the adjustments and if you do your homework, didnt he still throw for 300 plus again? MOVING ON to Splendora!

bambam, can't you read I said Shepherd's defense I didn't say anything about there offense taking it to Huffman. Yea he threw for 300 plus yards and most of those yards were in the 4th quarter when Shepherd's defense got tired. Do your homework!! I saw the game. All I am saying is if Huffman doesn't block any better than they did Friday night and find some sort of running game then Coldspring and Cleveland will rake the field with them. Shepherd is not a very good team this year and for them to stay in the game for 3 quarters like they did (with no offense to speak of). It will be a long rest of the Season for Huffman.

Yeah idiot I can read perfectly fine and let me highlight your DA statement for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[b][u]But Shepherd took it to Huffman for most of the game! [/u] [/b] ???

FYI i too was at the game and was very concerned in the first half. Not about winning or losing but about the lack of intensity and lack of exectution of offense in the first half. Sick and tired of you Huffman bashers! Huffman will run the table and handle Cleveland and Splendora and knock heads with CS in our final game of the season B4 the playoffs.

Let's set this straight. Huffman is a good team. Shepherd is a horrible team. Huffman did not come out ready to play and Shepherd hung around till the half. Huffman woke up in the second half and then beat Shepherd like they should have in the first half. All of these games are formalities till the Coldspring game. The rest of the district is very weak.

[quote name="idk" post="1079346" timestamp="1318279479"]
bambam, can't you read I said Shepherd's defense I didn't say anything about there offense taking it to Huffman. Yea he threw for 300 plus yards and most of those yards were in the 4th quarter when Shepherd's defense got tired. Do your homework!! I saw the game. All I am saying is if Huffman doesn't block any better than they did Friday night and find some sort of running game then Coldspring and Cleveland will rake the field with them. Shepherd is not a very good team this year and for them to stay in the game for 3 quarters like they did (with no offense to speak of). It will be a long rest of the Season for Huffman.
[/quote]

Dude you just contradicted yourself. In the first thread you say Huffman is the second best team and better than Cleveland, then your very next post you say they will rake the field with us. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

BTW Huffman didn't have much of a running game last year (although it was better than this year) and it didn't seem to hurt us vs Cleveland or coldspring.

[quote name="idk" post="1079346" timestamp="1318279479"]
Yea he threw for 300 plus yards and [b]most[/b] of those yards were in the 4th quarter when Shepherd's defense got tired. Do your homework!! I saw the game. [/quote]

Posts like this kill me!  You must have left before the 4th quarter started.  Only 75 or so of his 326 passing yards came in the 4th quarter.  Hardly qualifies as "[b]most[/b]"!  Do [i]your[/i] homework before making superlative statements like this in the future.  It detracts from your argument, and makes it appear that you don't know what you're talking about.

Sorry to ruffle the feathers of the Almighty Falcons, Mr. Falconfanatic, go back and re-read my post I said if they don't fix the protection of the QB then Cleveland will rake the field with them. I still think Huffman is the second best team, but like all teams there is something that needs to be fixed on them. So if he only threw for 75 of those yards that leaves and average of 83 for each of the other 3 quarters.

Bambam and when I made that statement I was talking about the defense not the entire team, again go back and read the entire post and then maybe you will be able to understand, but I doubt it. Maybe you Huffman people should take what some people say as not knocking your football team but pointing out what may help in the playoffs.

89falcon yes you are right Shepherd is not a very good team this year and it took Huffman 3 full quarters to get ahead of them. What does that say about playing a good quality team like Coldspring.

I wish the Huffman football team luck the rest of the way.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1079615" timestamp="1318299710"]
[quote author=idk link=topic=89450.msg1079346#msg1079346 date=1318279479]
[/quote]

Dude you just contradicted yourself. In the first thread you say Huffman is the second best team and better than Cleveland, then your very next post you say they will rake the field with us. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

BTW Huffman didn't have much of a running game last year (although it was better than this year) and it didn't seem to hurt us vs Cleveland or coldspring.
[/quote]
I'm the furthest thing from a Huffman fan, but they will beat Cleveland bad. They can't cover at all. Splendora came out in a the pistol, spread, I, and flex and Cleveland did well at stopping everything but the pass out of the spread. They threw 2 bombs that landed them once on the 5 and once on the 10 both times to turn it over on downs, Cleveland had a good run defense or else they would have lost the game because they could not cover the pass.

[quote name="idk" post="1079724" timestamp="1318335292"]
Sorry to ruffle the feathers of the Almighty Falcons, Mr. Falconfanatic, go back and re-read my post I said if they don't fix the protection of the QB then Cleveland will rake the field with them. I still think Huffman is the second best team, but like all teams there is something that needs to be fixed on them. So if he only threw for 75 of those yards that leaves and average of 83 for each of the other 3 quarters.

Bambam and when I made that statement I was talking about the defense not the entire team, again go back and read the entire post and then maybe you will be able to understand, but I doubt it. Maybe you Huffman people should take what some people say as not knocking your football team but pointing out what may help in the playoffs.

89falcon yes you are right Shepherd is not a very good team this year and it took Huffman 3 full quarters to get ahead of them. What does that say about playing a good quality team like Coldspring.

I wish the Huffman football team luck the rest of the way.
[/quote]

Just curious how many sacks did shepherd have?  Since our pass protection was such a problem.

Falconfanatic, How many times was your QB pressured or knocked down? Just cause you don't sack the QB doesn't mean you don't take him out of his comfort zone, everytime he was hit or pressured he didn't make good passes.

Again I think Huffman is a good team and is the second best team in the distric!!! I was just pointing out that Coldspring and Cleveland are faster on defense than Shepherd is and better as a group. Huffman has to protect the QB better if they want to go far in the playoff's. Take it as constructive not as I was bashing your team.

Yes I agree with this statement.  I actually think the trojan d and indian d is better than last year.  Huffman is not as good as they were last year, BUT they are still good, Cleveland is clearly better on both sides of the ball but how much better or as good as huffman will been seen next week.  The indians im sure are looking forward to that match up after they get a dose of that unbalanced machine in coldspring.  cleveland can definintly pull off a win against huffman but they have to play solid on both sides...something they have lacked all year!  Good luck too everyone except Liberty!!!  The officially make me sick!!!

[quote name="89falcon" post="1078268" timestamp="1318191898"]
Huffman will definitely need to pick it up or they will be embarassed by Coldsprings. [b]For a team to compete with CS they should beat Shepherd by at least 50.[/b][/quote]

Obviously Huffman wasn't even close to beating Shepherd by 50. 

Considering all the "hot air" I sure hope it is a challenging game for Coldspring, but I suspect that  Saturday the 29th we'll be hearing a different story from the Falcon crowd. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder