District opener San Augustine vs Deweyville

district openers for both teams. Both teams are improved from last year.SA has lost to 2 ranked teams but had the lead in both games. the pirates are playing good football. I think it will be a good hard fought game. SA speed will be hard to contain. my pick SA 30 pirates 23. good luck to both teams.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deweyville has the ability to pull this game out,but they will have to play power football ,and cut down on turnovers and penalties.the play calling on offense will need to be alot better than pre district games,also the corners giving a ten yard cushing will not work.

i agree casualobserver. even the alto and garrison fans said that. if we cut down on mistakes, will be tuff to beat. we have 3 good rbs and btw we only have 4 seniors. so next year will be tuff as wwell. the pirates will be fired up just think that they are going to have ahard time stopping our offense. no disrespect on many 2a teams but SA got alot of size and speed.

After watching them on film, I would have to agree that SA has plenty of speed, the offense will definately be hard to stop. I think Deweyville's offense will be able to put some points up on SA's defense though and hopefully throw in a stop or two and pull out a close victory in the end.  Good luck to both teams and safe travel from San Augustine to the game.

Y'all sound like SA is undefeated. SA has 3 wins against terrible 1A schools and been blown out by the other 2 1A schools they played and y'all want to talk smack. The schools that SA beat and Deweyville beat are pretty comparable, it should be a good close game and whoever makes the least mistakes will win.

[quote name="WANGO 7" post="1072345" timestamp="1317607483"]
Deweyville has the ability to pull this game out,but they will have to play power football ,and cut down on turnovers and penalties.the play calling on offense will need to be alot better than pre district games,also the corners giving a ten yard cushing will not work.
[/quote]

Deweyville can't play power football with SA.  The Wolves are bigger and more explosive.  They better rely on disciplined football.  You are correct about them needing to not commit turnovers and penalties. 

In the end, it will not be enough though.
SA 42
DVille 6

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1073192" timestamp="1317739039"]
Y'all sound like SA is undefeated. SA has 3 wins against terrible 1A schools and been blown out by the other 2 1A schools they played and y'all want to talk smack. The schools that SA beat and Deweyville beat are pretty comparable, it should be a good close game and whoever makes the least mistakes will win.
[/quote]
well said titletown, I believe turnovers will determine the outcome.

The 3 teams that SA has beat have scored a total of 14 points combined (so don't compare yourself to those teams). This game will be determined by which SA defense shows up. If it is the lockdown defense they are capable of (SA fans know what I'm talking about) then this could get ugly. D-ville is going to be dangerous simply because it's their homecoming. I have been hearing that they are improved from last year. That's good, it is always nice to see a team progress as the get some experience. The bad news for the pirates is that they played a team full of sophomores last year that are juniors this year. They are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were last year too. Should make for an interesting game to say the least.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SA has played  garrison and alto no slouches. and btw SA had the lead at for alot of those games. so im telling you SA will be fired up. 3 headed rbs will be hard to stop. we already know who to stop on dville. the qb and rb. coach hub will have our guys ready.

what i mean by power football is run the ball and keep it out of SA hands ,defense will need to step up and stop the speed. that being said Dville can play ball with SA ,they are also improved sophmores from last year with some talented sophmores this year.should b a good game.

[quote name="jlc2010" post="1073654" timestamp="1317772766"]
SA has played  garrison and alto no slouches. and btw SA had the lead at for alot of those games. so im telling you SA will be fired up. 3 headed rbs will be hard to stop. we already know who to stop on dville. the qb and rb. coach hub will have our guys ready.
[/quote]

I pick SA in this one as well, but do not get carried away.  Alto DESTROYED SA inside the first half.  It was 49-0 at the half or something like that.  They NEVER had a handle on that game.  Also, they played Garrison tighter, but Garrison ended up running away with it in the second half, and from what I heard, there was a scene with some SA Player chunking his helmet in frustration.

I think they are a much better team than last year, but facts are facts.  The 2 good 1A teams they have played have beat them soundly.  The other 3 games were against teams that are losing every week.  I'm sure they know that they still have quite a bit of work to do.  They have not arrived just yet.....

Guest Pirate60
You people underestimate Deweyville last year they were beating SA by 2 touchdowns before their quarterback turned the ball over and their tackle blocked in the back bringing the leading touchdown back. SA is nothing special and has played no one special just come out Friday night and watch i promise Deweyville is good on both sides of the ball and will give SA a run for their money.

[quote name="InjunRed" post="1073863" timestamp="1317820441"]
[quote author=jlc2010 link=topic=89171.msg1073654#msg1073654 date=1317772766]
[/quote]

I pick SA in this one as well, but do not get carried away.  Alto DESTROYED SA inside the first half.  It was 49-0 at the half or something like that.  They NEVER had a handle on that game.  Also, they played Garrison tighter, but Garrison ended up running away with it in the second half, and from what I heard, there was a scene with some SA Player chunking his helmet in frustration.

I think they are a much better team than last year, but facts are facts.  The 2 good 1A teams they have played have beat them soundly.  The other 3 games were against teams that are losing every week.  I'm sure they know that they still have quite a bit of work to do.  They have not arrived just yet.....
[/quote]

Playing from behind has been their downfall.  I am almost confident that if they would have kept that lead against Garrison that SA would have kept that lead at halftime then the outcome would be different. 

Deweyville has not faced a defense like the one SA will bring Friday night...  I guess you will find that out.

You gotta love these long distance games. The excitement of no one really being able to watch the other team to know whats goin on. I love listening to SA got smashed by two 1A teams, and D-ville is undefeated. Gets the blood pumpin, doesn't it?

With that being said let me make my speculation. If the SA defense shows up and are all on the same page, this has the potential to be another shutout. I don't think that the D-ville defense will be able to contain the speed that SA has in the backfield. The final score in this game will be determined by which defense gets off the bus friday. SA 42 D-ville 12.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiiiiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiiiiaa