Mid-County Madness Aftermath

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1070774" timestamp="1317449490"]
This game reminded me of the Showdown at Shotwell last year with Abilene Cooper VS Abilene High.  Epic game. I still think Faircloth shoulda kicked the fg.
[/quote]

Don't we all, but that would've made too much sense right?

Of course had the play worked everyone would be singing the praises of Coach Faircloth, and if he had went for the FG and it failed the same people would be second guessing the coach for that too.  But none of those decisions would have mattered cause that Bulldog defense was the reason for the Indians quandry in the first place.  Better luck next year.

I agree. Faircloth didn't lose this game. PNG didn't lose this game. Nederland stepped up and made the plays they needed to make to win. Both teams battled hard but the dogs won the battle in the trenches all night. Whoever the linebacker for PNG is that kicked the Nederland player on the ground should be kicked off the team.  There's no place for stuff like that in football. Whoever it is, you should lay down and let me kick you as hard as I can with cleats on and see how you like it.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1070910" timestamp="1317479350"]
I agree. Faircloth didn't lose this game. PNG did lose this game. Nederland stepped up and made the plays they needed to make to win. Both teams battled hard but the dogs won the battle in the trenches all night. Whoever the linebacker for PNG is that kicked the Nederland player on the ground should be kicked off the team.  There's no place for stuff like that in football. Whoever it is, you should lay down and let me kick you as hard as I can with cleats on and see how you like it.
[/quote]
The fourth down call , defenitely the right call. PNG didn't lose this game, Nederland won . We had the chance to win and Neds defense stepped up and stopped us with their back against the wall .Nederland won this game , credit to their defensive front.They are very tough up front , very impressive. If ya'll can tweek a few things on offense I think you can win district.

I don't think PNG had an option, the Nederland offense had started to put some drives together and if they so much as drove the field and got a field goal they would not have any time left on the clock. There was too much time on the clock to run out and not enough for a guaranteed second possession. It was a good call. Nederland was just looking for a first down to run out the clock when Benjamin broke out and got a TD but the run didn't take much time of the clock. Without the long TD PNG probably wouldn't have gotten the ball back.

Yep, you can't blame Benjamin for seeing wide open spaces and taking it to the house. What a run, and one defender had the angle and still couldn't close. In hindsight, if he had slid after the first down, we could have taken a knee.

Greatvgame by the defense. If we can learn to cover the FB out of the backfield, we will be fine. ;D

Lost containment on one play and the QB made some great yardage. PNG RB got a 15 yard TD on a great run, and their QB threw a couple long passes over the middle. That little sideline stuff can kove some chains, but none turned into huge plays. Really, other than that, PNG's QB had someone in his face all night. Great hustle on defense by our linemen.

It would be my guess he was trying to deceive the DB's make them fall back into coverage instead of coming up on the line for run support. His only problem was the D line didn't give an inch, and not only that as a group across the line they penetrated and the QB had no where to go and with Pryor and Carr on you it's going to be tough to make a yard.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476