Newton at East Chambers Predictions

Claude

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Backwoods" post="1068566" timestamp="1317252446"]
[quote author=APanthers link=topic=88857.msg1068552#msg1068552 date=1317251079]
I think every one said that last year as well.
[/quote]

We had to try to play through a big loss last year when Curtis Barbay passed away. You don't lose someone like Curtis  without a big effect on everything.
[/quote]
Wouldnt that just want them to win it more?

[quote name="ECfan4life!" post="1069405" timestamp="1317357206"]
[quote author=Backwoods link=topic=88857.msg1068566#msg1068566 date=1317252446]
[/quote]

We had to try to play through a big loss last year when Curtis Barbay passed away. You don't lose someone like Curtis  without a big effect on everything.
[/quote]
[/quote]                                                                                                                          You guys won last year but DON'T try to understand the facts of last year. When my friend passed away suddenly last year I was in shock, a sense of loss, to many emotions to put in any post and I am 64 years young. The kids lost their head coach ,probably most of the kids lost a father figure and I a sure they wanted to win for their coach and loved one. however,they had no leader, only practiced one time that week with there mind on everything . I will put it this way and make it easy for a simple minded human. How long did it take the Winnie people to get over Hurricane Ike and could you really expect the kids to concentrate on football as in a normal year. You won last year and I don't want sympathy ,just some understanding because we lost a great friend,leader, coach and so much more for different people.

[quote name="ECfan4life!" post="1069405" timestamp="1317357206"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Idiot!!!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="jimmyw" post="1069464" timestamp="1317387406"]
[quote author=ECfan4life! link=topic=88857.msg1069405#msg1069405 date=1317357206]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]                                                                                                                          You guys won last year but DON'T try to understand the facts of last year. When my friend passed away suddenly last year I was in shock, a sense of loss, to many emotions to put in any post and I am 64 years young. The kids lost their head coach ,probably most of the kids lost a father figure and I a sure they wanted to win for their coach and loved one. however,they had no leader, only practiced one time that week with there mind on everything .[u] I will put it this way and make it easy for a simple minded human.[/u] How long did it take the Winnie people to get over Hurricane Ike and could you really expect the kids to concentrate on football as in a normal year. You won last year and I don't want sympathy ,just some understanding because we lost a great friend,leader, coach and so much more for different people.
[/quote]

Sad. Really sad to resort to calling names like that. Is someone [i]really[/i] an "IDIOT" for just asking the question if a team would play hard for someone who just passed? Didn't WOS basically play for their fallen QB afterwards? I think it's actually common to do so when an event like that occurs. 

Also, us "SIMPLE MINDED" people in Winnie got over Ike just fine, thanks. The season went on that year and EC was in the playoffs, never missed a beat. Strong people keep going when life throws a curveball at them.

Reading through all this I don't see a single negative word or insult posted from any EC people, but I see stupid names called and stupid jabs thrown from some of the Newton posters. It really does not surprise me though. Arrogance and disrespect is ingrained there.

Sad. Really sad to resort to calling names like that. Is someone [i]really[/i] an "IDIOT" for just asking the question if a team would play hard for someone who just passed? Didn't WOS basically play for their fallen QB afterwards? I think it's actually common to do so when an event like that occurs. 

Also, us "SIMPLE MINDED" people in Winnie got over Ike just fine, thanks. The season went on that year and EC was in the playoffs, never missed a beat. Strong people keep going when life throws a curveball at them.

Reading through all this I don't see a single negative word or insult posted from any EC people, but I see stupid names called and stupid jabs thrown from some of the Newton posters. It really does not surprise me though. Arrogance and disrespect is ingrained there.
[/quote]

Well Bucfan, some things like you never change. Remember how you used to bash Curtis Barbay. It's in the archives. Remember in 2006 how you started a thread on here to keep Newton fans off this site because we "weren't from SETX." That  was the year after we left YOUR district. Also the year after representing that district in the state championship game two years in a row. Isn't thislike the pot calling the kettle black. Enjoy the game tonight. I understand there's a weather change. A Purple Norther is going to blow through. ;D

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1069551" timestamp="1317394042"]
[quote author=jimmyw link=topic=88857.msg1069464#msg1069464 date=1317387406]
[quote author=ECfan4life! link=topic=88857.msg1069405#msg1069405 date=1317357206]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]                                                                                                                          You guys won last year but DON'T try to understand the facts of last year. When my friend passed away suddenly last year I was in shock, a sense of loss, to many emotions to put in any post and I am 64 years young. The kids lost their head coach ,probably most of the kids lost a father figure and I a sure they wanted to win for their coach and loved one. however,they had no leader, only practiced one time that week with there mind on everything .[u] I will put it this way and make it easy for a simple minded human.[/u] How long did it take the Winnie people to get over Hurricane Ike and could you really expect the kids to concentrate on football as in a normal year. You won last year and I don't want sympathy ,just some understanding because we lost a great friend,leader, coach and so much more for different people.
[/quote]

[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Yo ECBucFan; You've had a bug up You Butt since Newton came into Winnie in 2004 and ended the Buc's Undefeated Season, and District Title Run. Newton then went on to make a run for the State Title (missed that one ), Beat Your Boys in 2005 ( Post Rita ), won a Second District Title,and  then went on to Win the State Title in Newton's Second Year. How Many Years did it Take E.C. to Win Their State Title? Time You Get On with Life, Jealousy Does Not Become You. Have A Great Day While It Lasts.

I have some sympathy for our Newton friends. They all know the glory days are gone for the 'one trick ponies (football)'. In the next few years they'll be on these treads telling the Deweyville and High Island fans how they beat EC back in '04. Ahh, the good old days...

Remember all the Newton and Woodville posters after the last realigment popping off how they were going to dominate the new 10-2A...How did it work out for you?

Good luck to both teams and I believe it will be a great game. Everyone needs to remember it is about competion and rising to the occasion not dragging up the past and slinging mud. Enjoy tonight because it will be another year before this oppertunity presents itself again.
I think both programs produce some very good football.
I am going with the team that scores the most points.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1069810" timestamp="1317413303"]
How about insensitive idiot! If you knew much as you thought you did, you would know that "idiot" was one of Coach Barbay's favorite words. And he applied it without hesitation. ;D We'll just wait until we "play somebody good" to drag out the real insults!
[/quote]

So you take pride in this fellow calling children 'idiots' and make it some badge of honor? I say children because calling a grown man an 'idiot' to his face would result in...well...you know.

[quote name="NOTWENS" post="1069838" timestamp="1317414349"]
[quote author=AP#65 link=topic=88857.msg1069830#msg1069830 date=1317413709]
Well, changed my mind.
I am going with Rykerx's on this one.
East Chambers by seven.
[/quote
what ever you smoking stop it dude. newton is bringing the hat tonight
[/quote]
Ryker's picked EC to win I just went with that. I have seen neither team play this year.

[quote name="uknowit2" post="1069846" timestamp="1317415324"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=88857.msg1069810#msg1069810 date=1317413303]
How about insensitive idiot! If you knew much as you thought you did, you would know that "idiot" was one of Coach Barbay's favorite words. And he applied it without hesitation. ;D We'll just wait until we "play somebody good" to drag out the real insults!
[/quote]

So you take pride in this fellow calling children 'idiots' and make it some badge of honor? I say children because calling a grown man an 'idiot' to his face would result in...well...you know.
[/quote]

Hahahahahahaha! If the shoe fits.... is winner the word your looking for because Coach Barbay made a lot of those out of children. ;)

Guest ECBucFan
EC won't have to deal with Newton much longer. The entire Newton school district, Elementary, Middle and Highschool is rated "ACADEMICALLY UNACCEPTABLE", and their entire impoverished community is in continual decline resulting in decreased enrollment. Newton will continue their fall to 2A Div. II soon, and might even be 1A in the years to come.

Meanwhile, us "simple minded idiots"  ::)  here at EC will continue to enjoy our growing, academically RECOGNIZED district. So Newton, do continue hurling the insults while you can. Even your revered coach would insult opponents on TV instead of graciously accepting a win. Honor him by keeping that "classy" Newton tradition alive as your decline continues.  8)

i never refereed to Winnie people as simple minded. I did say " I will put it this way and make it easy for a simple minded human." I never said Winnie people . I just thought using the tragedy of Hurricane Ike and the months of agony you all went through would let you understand that the kids at East Chambers wasn,t as football focused as the other years. When Hurricane Ike hit you guys my heart went out for you all. My wife and I went to High Island and did what we could.We didn't do enough but did what we could. anyway, think whatever of me ,it really doesn't matter.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1069864" timestamp="1317417155"]
EC won't have to deal with Newton much longer. The entire Newton school district, Elementary, Middle and Highschool is rated "ACADEMICALLY UNACCEPTABLE", and their entire impoverished community is in continual decline resulting in decreased enrollment. Newton will continue their fall to 2A Div. II soon, and might even be 1A in the years to come.

Meanwhile, us "simple minded idiots"  ::)  here at EC will continue to enjoy our growing, academically RECOGNIZED district. So Newton, do continue hurling the insults while you can. Even your revered coach would insult opponents on TV instead of graciously accepting a win. Honor him by keeping that "classy" Newton tradition alive as your decline continues.  8)
[/quote]

[img]http://mizsarcastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/jealousy-short-funny-quotes.jpg[/img]

Glad ya'll got all those "Academically Recognized" students down there on the skeeter farms. How many have gone to college on football scholarships in the past 10 years ?

Sure 'nuff, times are hard up here in the Piney Woods. Timber has been tough due to the economic/housing downturn. You just might get a taste of some of that when all your rice and crawfish fields dry up from the drought.

But don't worry yore purty lil head about us. We'll just keep on spanking those spaghetti legged marsh rats and sending our stupid kids to college.

Oh yea....Newton by 3 td's in a nail biter.

EDIT: Long time reader 2nd time poster. Don't mean to come so strong out of the gate, but IMHO, your comments about Coach Barbay just crossed the line. You deserve what you're gonna see tonight. I just wish Shorter wasn't sidelined. It would get REAL ugly out there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder