BMT. CENTRAL VS. BMT OZEN BROADCAST/Ozen wins in OT!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I left, it was 17-10 Central.  I guess Central continued to miss tackles(something they've been doing all season) and let Green and Co. back in it.  That Green kid is off the chain and 20 4A needs to be put on notice.  Central's problem is they let Mitchell be too much of a 1 man show......

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1064616" timestamp="1316837060"]
Oh my - oh my!  Soulja is gonna have to have a heart transplant tomorrow.  My little friend, hope you pull through this one. 

Sincerely,

The 4-0 Ant Mound  ;)
[/quote]

Go check history to see what we did to the last Barbers Hill team that went 10-0...

[b]Beaumont Ozen 31, Beaumont Central 24 - Final[/b]

Beaumont Central Overall: 1-3  District: 0-1
Beaumont Ozen Overall: 2-2  District: 1-0
Boxscore
Friday September 23, 2011 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 OT Total
Beaumont Central 0 3 7 7 7 24
Beaumont Ozen  3 0 7 7 14 31

Scoring summary
BOZ -- Blake Norris 24-yard field goal, 05:14, 1st.
BCT -- Servando Vizcaino 29-yard field goal, 00:40, 2nd.
BCT -- Robert Mitchell 12-yard run (Servando Vizcaino kick), 7:32, 3rd.
BOZ -- Nicholas Nelson 10-yard pass from David Green (Blake Norris kick), 3:21, 3rd.
BOZ -- Nicholas Nelson 17-yard pass from David Green (Blake Norris kick), :31, 4th.
BCT -- Robert Mitchell 80-yard run (Servando Vizcaino kick), 4:40, 4th.
BCT -- Emanuel Carter 5-yard run (Servando Vizcaino kick), OT.
BOZ -- Leeland Hamilton 25-yard pass from David Green (Blake Norris kick), OT.
BOZ -- Jakobi Jones 9-yard run (Blake Norris kick), OT.

Team Stats
                      Central              Ozen
Total yards        212                468
First downs        10                    23
Rushes/Yds    31/162            34/168
Average rush    5.23                4.94
Comp/Atts    7/13/0              20/31/1
Pass yards      50                    300
Comp pct      53.85                64.52
Punts                5                      2
Punting Yards 229                    58
Punting Average 45.8                29
Fumbles/Lost 1/0                    1/0
Penalties-yards 10-56            10-95

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1064701" timestamp="1316840044"]
The stats look way worse than the score.  Very impressive for David Green and that Ozen offense to put up that many yards on a tough Central D.
[/quote]

Not to take anything away from Green, but everybody will throw for 300 that wants to sitting back in that soft zone.  And how long will Cox survive being the OC with this suspect play calling?  Central needs to seriously work on their passing game or scrap the spread, go under center, fullback 2 tight ends and be a smashmouth "Stowers" type of team. 

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1064772" timestamp="1316846384"]
Central doesn't have No. 15 Heard to bail them out this year like they did last year
[/quote]

The team last year didnt need heard to bail them out..He didnt bail them out against LCM or Nederland, or Livingston..He was just one of the many playmakers we could depend on to make plays..
This year we are just depending to much on Mitchell to win the games, and our Secondary has to do better, But at the beginning of the season I kinda figured this would happen,,from when I went to the La Marque scrimmage..This game could have easily been won, but we dropped to many game changers and with 2mins left, why not melt the clock on offense, you know Green an ozens offense are poise to score..Theres plenty of blame to go around, but I also felt ozen played harder then central and wanted it more..I saw no Swagg on the Central sideline..We better get it in gear or this will be a long season..

Gud win Ozen..Well deserve

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1064722" timestamp="1316840947"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=88665.msg1064701#msg date=1316840044]
The stats look way worse than the score.  Very impressive for David Green and that Ozen offense to put up that many yards on a tough Central D.
[/quote]

Not to take anything away from Green, but everybody will throw for 300 that wants to sitting back in that soft zone.  And how long will Cox survive being the OC with this suspect play calling?  Central needs to seriously work on their passing game or scrap the spread, go under center, fullback 2 tight ends and be a smashmouth "Stowers" type of team.
[/quote]You mustve read my mind.  This is EXACTLY what I was thinking...  Word for word.

I'm at a loss for words.  In the 4th quarter, the safety made an acrobatic INT to give us the ball with 3 mins left in the game, and AHEAD in the game.  We get run the ball twice.  Ozen then burns their last Time out. Mind you the ball have not moved. We run again on 3rd down (the qb read that havnt worked all year).  They stop it and you punt.  There is NO way you go three and out when you have the game on ICE!  Ozen then Drives down and score...  You have 40 seconds left to go for the win. Mind you, we still have time outs.  We take the knee, content with going in OT.  The only thing mind boggling in OT is that, one again, we run that qb read that havnt worked all year. 

Our receivers don't catch.  Our QB have not gotten any better as far as decision making since last year.  Somebody needs to watch Davis Green at work because that kid put on a clinic .  He took the deep throws...  On the money.  He threw short...  On the money.  He threw the ball away when nothing was there...  Very smart.  He scrambled to create time for receivers to get opened...  Brilliant.  When forced to run, he only went for the First down and ran out of bounds...  Smart.  Ozen has the passing attack working with Green at QB, folks and he's for real.  The running game may need a little work. 

All and all, I'm not liking the current situation.  We have Livingston coming in next week.  That's a game we will need to outcoach the opposition (Lord, what am I saying?).  Maybe we will have morse success moving the ball as Livingston's defense is not that great.  Maybe won't and we'll run the 'John Madden' plays (you know, the plays that only work on the Madden).  Either way it goes, I see no improvement or wrinkle in ANYTHING in a bye week, 2 week district prepraration.  Should us Jag fans expect any changes for next week?  Probably not. 

Great win for the Panthers.  If we miss the playoffs, I hope they go and make Beaumont proud in the playoff themselves.  Their team is good enough to make the playoffs, by the way, in this district.  Take that for what it's worth.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder