West Hardin vs. Kountze who wins?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start with the basics.  Another poster already said it "Would come down to who wants it more & who makes less mistakes".  I totally agree with that.

However, I'm not sure the football community around here has seen the overall speed from the Oilers like they have this year!

I'm not going to be a Homer and say West Hardin is going to blow Kountze out, no way at all.  I do believe this will be a competitive game.

Someone from the Kountze game this week said that the Lions played "Sloppy" or something like that, but they still scored 50 points.  That's something to think about.

So, I'll say West Hardin will win the game by the score of:

West Hardin - 35
      Kountze - 21

I was impressed with the offensive formations WH used and the defensive pressure WH got on Hardin's QB. Coach Henry and his staff are some of the best Coaches in SE Texas and it showed in their formations and play calling. I love to see the quad WR packages and the jet sweeps. The HB pass and hook n' ladder were awesome. WH is the real deal and H-D better play a different defense vs WH than they been using, or it's gonna get ugly for my beloved Bobcats. WH has a very fun and exciting offense to watch. Kountze watch out.

Both teams are definitely capable of scoring a lot of points, and both have something to prove. Each week we watch a blowout by these teams and each week we see the posts about the opposing team like "Wow! They must be terrible this year!".  Or "when are they (WH & Kountze) gonna play somebody?"  I see two teams with a chip on their shoulder battling it out in a physical and hard hitting dogfight. I'm taking the boys from West Hardin, but not by much. Both teams better be prepared Friday Night.  Great early season matchup in Hardin county with two small schools putting their perfect records on the line!

[quote name="The_Hatch" post="1054972" timestamp="1315793973"]
Both teams are difinitely capable of scoring a lot of points, and both have something to prove. Each week we watch a blowout by these teams and each week we see the posts about the opposing team like "Wow! They must be terrible this year!".  Or "when are they (WH & Kountze) gonna play somebody?"  I see two teams with a chip on their shoulder battling it out in a physical and hard hitting dogfight. I'm taking the boys from West Hardin, but not by much. Both teams better be prepared Friday Night.  Great early season matchup in Hardin county with two small schools putting their perfect records on the line!
[/quote]

Nicely said Hatch!  8)

[quote name="Blackrose#2" post="1055119" timestamp="1315801578"]
i would have to say its going to be a very close game. west Hardin has 561 rushing yards, while kountze only has [b]269[/b]. kountze is also better at passing then west Hardin so the game should be very close. wish both teams the best of luck.
[/quote]

I think your a little light on Kountzes rushing yards, unless that was before Friday nights game.  Here's why I say that:

"As was just announced on Channel 6's Sports Xtra, the SETXsports Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week are:

Offense - Jonathon Warren, Kountze

Warren gained [b]329[/b] yards on 22 carries and scored 7 touchdowns in a 50-20 victory over Tarkington on Friday night"

That's just one game and against what apprears to be a terrible run defense in Tarkington, but just wanted to put that out there first. 

I seriously don't think he'll get numbers like that against West Hardin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder