Texas City vs. Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/PN-G wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="1053601" timestamp="1315624257"]
PNG EXPLODED in 2nd half....DEFENSE stepped up Big Time!  1:52 left..PNG 41  TC 27
[/quote]
T.C. had some players playing both ways. That was the difference in the second half , you could se T.C. 's defense slow down. Their # 20 (Lynch) never slowed down. He is a burner.

We have some things to work on still , but we are about where were last year at this time and ended up playing three playoff games .

We had I believe 5 players out for this game. 2 or 3 on the D alone. Davis out at D end. I feel if Davis and the other players were available to play we could have been more effective on defense. All in all a very good back and forth game. Glad to see the NDN's win this one. I see TC making some noise in their district. Their running back is very good. They have a overall smaller team this year than last years. TC's D is a good D. They have several key play makers. Very good linebackers. Now we have a bye week. 2 solid weeks to get everyone healed up and back on the field to be ready for Livingston. PNG seemed to run a very basic offense and Defense this game like the other 2 games before. Lots of learning in this game and things for the coaches to work on with the team. Lots of bright spots and lots of area's to work on. If PNG stays healthy they will be in the contention for District.

You are right 66! PNG looked tenative in the first half. Wore 'em down in the second and took control of the game. Texas city has some speed! The two Foreman kids are both burners. Slippery too. A lot of tackles were missed, especially in the first half. Texas City did have some big kids. One of their nose tackles was listed at 6'3" and 400 lbs. #79 was one of the biggest kids I've seen us line up against. The coaches will make corrections and will be ready for Livingston in two weeks. I wont be able to make that game but will tune in on the radio. Good win for the Indians in the home opener.

do have some things to improve on. Arm tackling will kill us. #20 was tough, but we had him on a couple of his long runs and didn't wrap up. Need to work on that. Also, couple of times Nelson was wide open for TD and ball was over thrown. Two forsure touchdown passes dropped. All in all we looked better. Go Tribe!!!!!

We got a win but it was over a mediocre team. This game was actually fun to watch from a certain standpoint. A couple of injuries on the d side of the ball didn't hurt us tooo bad. These two weeks off will be well needed to get healthy. We are nowheres where we need to be in my opinion. Tackling is a major issue this team could vey easily have been 3-0 at this point. But we haven't played a team that is playoff worthy at this point, in my opinion. Crosby has two kids that just gave us fits because we didn't rap up. GP is hopeless, have they even scored a touchdown yet? Texas city overall small not the team oflast year but their Defense did tackle fairly decent. I think if we play a team with an exceptional defense that we coul run into trouble down the road. We are nowheres near a playoff caliber teams by nomeans at all. Just got to keep working on the little things and try to get better each week, so ready for district to start and see where we really stand. So what game is there gonna be next week to watch? We have a bye next week and need a good game to go see!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder