19-4A vs 20-4A...Who's better and why?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last eight years Dayton has been king of the hill in both districts losing only a couple of head to head games.  Barbers Hill is finally making it's mark in 4A (but still the Eagles have never won a 4A playoff game) and Crosby, led by Merka has had a couple of good playoff runs.  Besides Dayton, 20-4A's playoff victories dominate.  You also need to look from top to bottom.  There are really no weak links in 20-4A, but in 19-4A there are teams that offer "lay up" victories.
With that being said, Friday night was a win for 19-4A.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1048486" timestamp="1315061000"]
Its really to early to say.
[/quote]

Oh, it's definitely too early to say.  But the timing is just right for this pot to be stirred.  Looked forward to hearing the many well thought arguments on this little gem.  I'm sure a couple of BH fans might have something to offer...

NOTE:  If you are new to the boards and you would like to amass a large quantity of negative karma, all you need to do is make fun of PNG and you will be able to take your karma to new depths!!!

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1048505" timestamp="1315062800"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=87675.msg1048486#msg1048486 date=1315061000]
Its really to early to say.
[/quote]

Oh, it's definitely too early to say.  But the timing is just right for this pot to be stirred.  Looked forward to hearing the many well thought arguments on this little gem.  I'm sure a couple of BH fans might have something to offer...

NOTE:  If you are new to the boards and you would like to amass a large quantity of negative karma, all you need to do is make fun of PNG and you will be able to take your karma to new depths!!!
[/quote] And if your a new Dayton fan and want to up your bad karma  just say something bout BH...

Guest UHCoog14
Neither Ned  nor LCM were very  impressive on the defensive side of the ball. I would give LCM the advantage on offense because of their RB.

It looks to me that the top tier 19-4a teams are ahead of 20-4a. Friiday's BH-Ned game will be a good measuring stick for both teams and districts.

[quote name="UHCoog44" post="1048538" timestamp="1315066615"]
Neither Ned  nor LCM were very  impressive on the defensive side of the ball. I would give LCM the advantage on offense because of their RB.

It looks to me that the top tier 19-4a teams are ahead of 20-4a. Friiday's BH-Ned game will be a good measuring stick for both teams and districts.
[/quote]

I'm a lot more impressed by our defense this year than I have in previous seasons. We will get Pryor back so that will help. Frankly, as long as our offense puts up more points than our defense allows, I'm satisfied. I don't see how you can say our defense wasn't very impressive. Our kickoff coverage was poor and GCM started with good field position nearly every possession, near midfield.. If you give the other team half of a field to work with and they only come away with 20 points, you're getting the job done. Neumann needs to spend some extra time with special teams this weak..

And LCM the advantage on offense? Call me a homer, but nederland put up 38 on GCM. I'm not sure exactly how many LCM put up, but I thought it was in the 20s?

The best team between the districts until otherwise proven wrong goes to Dayton  ::).

As for depth of the districts, it has to go to 20-4A.  There is only one team in 20-4A that I feel that doesn't have a realistic chance at making the playoffs without saying their name  :-X.

19-4A if feel has about 3 that realisticly you can say won't be there in the end. 

20-4a was weak on defense overall last year.It was stated week after week.Hence the competive edge between the teams in that dist.In 19-4a only a few w/ powerful offenses and defenses.The playoffs have been split 2-2 the last cpl years.Flipped a coin and it landed straight up on its edge indicating no decision and that's my decision.NF is our weak link and alot of new coaches in 19-4a but gaining strength.

A Satire.

Not taking a side on this one, but.

#2 and #3 team in 19-4a just beat 2 teams from 20-4a so 2-0 so far this year.

"As for depth of the districts, it has to go to 20-4A.  There is only one team in 20-4A that I feel that doesn't have a realistic chance at making the playoffs without saying their name"

New question (not saying this but playing devils advocate).

Is a district where its top teams are stronger and thus distance themselves from the rest actually weaker than a division that's clustered? I'm sure Dayton would take on anyone in 20-4a with confidence, I like the Cougs matchups against 20-4a (i see 20-4a as bigger teams with athletes but that play from their size on defense, and i'll take a quick offense over a big defense any day), BH's option offense can be very hard to stop. All three of these teams i feel like WOULD win against their 20-4a opponent.

There is a discussion of the 2-2 records, but when you have a GP team or a GCM team with new systems good coaches but DEVELOPMENT teams, losing to the #1 team in the 20-4a district... i mean honestly don't you sigh in relief u don't have to play Dayton every year? It's not exactly easy playing God's favorite team every year with Jesus Christ roaming the sidelines, i mean thankful he decided to hang it up for a while.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I think i would have to give the edge to 20-4A. Yes Crosby beat PNG and BH beat lumberton but i can say that i think if you lay BH against PNG or Nederland or dare i say Vidor you would meet a defense that is much more fast and big as well and imo BH would fall. And as for crosby yes they came up with a big win against a good PNG team but line them up against livingston or Nederland they would fall. But thats just my opinion and i'm guessing. anything can happen in a football game.

Its all speculation.  It's clear cut that Dayton is at the top followed by Barbers Hill and Crosby in no particular order.  Has been that way for a while in 19.  Everyone is stating that PN-G, Nederland and Livingston are the top teams in 20.  Despite an 0-2 start just like last year,  Central is still the kings of 20 and will be till dethroned.  I don't have all the stats in front of me but besides when Dayton was in our district, Central hasn't loss to a 19 team in the playoffs in a good while.  We don't play you'll in non-district cause we are usually playing the big boys.  We will see the weekend of November 11 and 12...

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1049044" timestamp="1315109047"]
A Satire.

Not taking a side on this one, but.

#2 and #3 team in 19-4a just beat 2 teams from 20-4a so 2-0 so far this year.

"As for depth of the districts, it has to go to 20-4A.  There is only one team in 20-4A that I feel that doesn't have a realistic chance at making the playoffs without saying their name"

New question (not saying this but playing devils advocate).

Is a district where its top teams are stronger and thus distance themselves from the rest actually weaker than a division that's clustered? I'm sure Dayton would take on anyone in 20-4a with confidence, I like the Cougs matchups against 20-4a (i see 20-4a as bigger teams with athletes but that play from their size on defense, and i'll take a quick offense over a big defense any day), BH's option offense can be very hard to stop. All three of these teams i feel like WOULD win against their 20-4a opponent.

There is a discussion of the 2-2 records, but when you have a GP team or a GCM team with new systems good coaches but DEVELOPMENT teams, losing to the #1 team in the 20-4a district... i mean honestly don't you sigh in relief u don't have to play Dayton every year? It's not exactly easy playing[b] God's favorite team every year with Jesus Christ roaming the sidelines[/b], i mean thankful he decided to hang it up for a while.
[/quote]
Bout time you got on board Goobtalk ;)

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1049044" timestamp="1315109047"]
... i mean honestly don't you sigh in relief u don't have to play Dayton every year? It's not exactly easy playing God's favorite team every year with Jesus Christ roaming the sidelines, i mean thankful he decided to hang it up for a while.
[/quote]

No, that was [u]Newton[/u], not Dayton.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1049108" timestamp="1315138455"]
Its all speculation.  It's clear cut that Dayton is at the top followed by Barbers Hill and Crosby in no particular order.  Has been that way for a while in 19.  Everyone is stating that PN-G, Nederland and Livingston are the top teams in 20.  Despite an 0-2 start just like last year,  Central is still the kings of 20 and will be till dethroned.  I don't have all the stats in front of me but besides when Dayton was in our district, Central hasn't loss to a 19 team in the playoffs in a good while.  We don't play you'll in non-district cause we are usually playing the big boys.  We will see the weekend of November 11 and 12...
[/quote]So true about everything you have said.  And for the record, we have NEVER lost to a 19-4a team. Over there, Dayton is the cream of the crop untill proven otherwise.  After that, you have 2 medeocre teams and the rest of them would get ran off the field by ANY of the 20-4a teams.

Dang so all of the pressure is on BH friday??? We beat Ned and 19-4a is better we lose and 20-4a is better ;D No Pressure ;D I think everyone knows that 20-4a is deeper and 19-4A is probally better when you compair the top 4 to the top 4 head to head. As to Cougs point earlier though, because 20-4a is more competitive do to there not being a great team in the district make them deeper? I think this year 19-4a will break the split in the playoffs and win 3-1

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1049342" timestamp="1315161053"]
Dang so all of the pressure is on BH friday??? We beat Ned and 19-4a is better we lose and 20-4a is better ;D No Pressure ;D I think everyone knows that 20-4a is deeper and 19-4A is probally better when you compair the top 4 to the top 4 head to head. As to Cougs point earlier though, because 20-4a is more competitive do to there not being a great team in the district make them deeper? I think this year 19-4a will break the split in the playoffs and win 3-1
[/quote]
If I am correct i assumed they were talking about wait till the district game is over and take all the teams from 19-4A and all the teams from 20-4A and line them up against the other 1st place against 1st place and so on and so forth i think 20-4A would come up with the more wins. Therefore 20-4A would be the better district. Yes your best may beat our best or your number 2 may beat out number 2 but whoever has the most wins out of the district would be the better one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder