Did Cody Hussey leave lamar?????

raid07

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25
Yes, he was a good hs rb but playing at the d1 level is a totally different level and the speed of the game is way different!!! Hussey was to slow to play at this level, great kid and great hs back but at this level speed kills and that was his downfall!!!! I hope he gets his degree and comes a great hs coach somewhere!!

[quote name="basketball25" post="1049190" timestamp="1315146949"]
Yes, he was a good hs rb but playing at the d1 level is a totally different level and the speed of the game is way different!!! Hussey was to slow to play at this level, great kid and great hs back but at this level speed kills and that was his downfall!!!! I hope he gets his degree and comes a great hs coach somewhere!!
[/quote]In D1 college sports you just have to see the speed and size of the game to believe it and thats in ALL the sports not just football.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="Raider88" post="1049156" timestamp="1315144129"]
I don't think he is tired of Football.  Maybe the way he was treated?
[/quote]

Well real world and college sports is a business and you get paid to win. I'm sure Coach W has a bit better clue as to whats up than you.

[quote name="LUFAN" post="1049288" timestamp="1315156842"]
The rumor is that he was asked to be moved to the scout team and he quit. Not sure if that is true or not but that is the rumor. I do think the 3 running backs we have now are better than Hussey.
[/quote]Gotta be a team player!

[quote name="basketball25" post="1049190" timestamp="1315146949"]
[/quote]

Yeah he was real slow, had 50+ Td runs agains Central and Ozen and a 70 yard td agains LaMarque.  Kid just had no speed at all!!! ;D

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1049369" timestamp="1315163857"]
[quote author=basketball25 link=topic=87670.msg1049190#msg1049190 date=1315146949]
[/quote]

Yeah he was real slow, had 50+ Td runs agains Central and Ozen and a 70 yard td agains LaMarque.  Kid just had no speed at all!!! ;D
[/quote]
With all due respect (and I am a Hussey fan)...Big difference between High School and College sports.  Woodard put out there who he thought was best after hours, days, weeks and months of evaluation.  Where I come from, if you lose your spot, then you work your butt off to get it back!

Guest beechnut
[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1049369" timestamp="1315163857"]
[quote author=basketball25 link=topic=87670.msg1049190#msg1049190 date=1315146949]

If hes all that go elsewhere and tear it up. This is not pop Warner.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="beechnut" post="1049378" timestamp="1315164728"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=87670.msg1049369#msg1049369 date=1315163857]

If hes all that go elsewhere and tear it up. This is not pop Warner.
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying that Central/Ozen/LaMarque are Pop Warner caliber programs.

Guest baseball25
Northoftheborder, i am just being relistic ozen and central arent well coach teams like limberton was back then!!! Hussey is to slow to play at this level and he had fumble problems last yr!!! This is a different level from div 2 and 3!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine