Dayton Needs Band

SETEXFan

I heard that Dayton's band will miss their next playoff game to march in some parade, good for them, bad timing for a band director to keep a job. I heard they would rent the band from Ozen. Just kidding. But that would be something, let Ozen play for Dayton and let the Dayton people see a band that has a good time!!!

Guest TravelingBandsman

We're representing Dayton nation-wide where we're going, so hush.

Here's the deal I put. Dayton plays their hearts out in this next game and wins it. We will be back to support the team double for the Regionals game.

Maybe they could get BC'S band if they are available.

I did not get to see the halftime show because I like to be social, but I tell you they were real loud during the game.

So much so that I had to look up and see if our band was playing at the same time.

At times they were and I could hear BC'S band over BH"S.

They were freakin loud!!

Guest TravelingBandsman

You know, I don't see why we get so much flak. The football team has never really supported us at all nor has much of the school. Now they say they need us for this next game. We've done what we can every game so far this year to support our team. Have they ever supported us at our contests, no.

Dayton don't need no band' date=' let them go march in the parade, the fans will have to make a little more noise[/quote']

Nothing against the band, with or without you dayton will take care of business, i'm all for you going to chicago and marching in the parade, thats something the band folks will remember for life, i say have fun and best of luck

The fans will have to take your place in the noise department thats all i was implying

All the sudden you're mad at the football team??? I'll be the first one to tell you, football wouldn't be the same without the band. Even if your director did select a strange show this year. And I've paid plenty of dues at band competitions. And no, I don't have a child in it. We were going nuts last night after what ya'll did.

Guest PurplePride

:DYour right travelingbandsman....it was a "different" show and the people LOVED IT!!!!!! Unfortunately, I know yall/we work for "contests" and yes.....Smiley...Oakridge...and LOTS of others get laughed at,..at UIL and yes, with my band thinking cap on.....they SHOULD! They are a band judges NIGHTMARE! But yet, you must admit.........yall had a GOOD TIME last night and we sure had a GOOD TIME WATCHING YALL! So, yall must pick....entertain the people of Dayton at LEAST 12 GAMES A YEAR OR entertain your UIL judges ONCE. I know you don't make the call....You would be for entertaining us.......Lord knows, do not dog the football players, I am sure you have noticed them "jamming" on the sidelines when yall kick off the "Horse"..if you haven't...let me be the first one to inform you that THEY DO! Anyway, I have a plan in the makings for a HUGE LOUD SYSTEM to replace the band for next Friday night........we MUST HAVE THE HORSE PLAYING! So, I will watch yall in the parade in cold Chicago on Thursday and we will do the best we can down here in Dayton for the band! Good Luck and Have FUN! :wink:

Guest TravelingBandsman

We do the show we have for UIL until all our contests are over. We use it as practice for them. This year wasn't a state year so we had a lot more off time. Even then, we had 3 contests this year all in October, not sure why we continued after the last one.

On state years though, everything is alot more serious for the band. Next year is a 4A state year for the band. I'll have been graduated already, oh well.

I tell you what, pick a Saturday night and just have a band contest. Charge 5 dollars a ticket and see how many people show up for the contest. It would be interesting we could actually see how many people go to the football game for the band. I think the band director should have never done what he did. I dont blame the kids for wanting to go but the band director should be alot smarter on scheduling. How about a christmas parade in chicago or new york. That would be fun for the kids but missing the game. Shows how much the so called band director really cares about the school. Well atleast the band director gets a paid vacation.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Well, we don't really have much incentive to support anything else in the school when you have douches on the football team and other areas saying band sucks and the such. Why support something that isn't gonna support us back.

I support the football team, I've never received any flak personally from anyone and I just like football, but the majority of our band has low feelings towards most of the athletics department.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86