Proof! President Obama Will Win 2012

BLUEDOVE3

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="563116" timestamp="1238756666"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=48807.msg563113#msg563113 date=1238755554]
[quote author=HJ-HawkHecklers409 link=topic=48807.msg563087#msg563087 date=1238753423]
i personally liked president bush and beleive NO ONE couldve handled what he went through... i believe 110 percent that barack obama is not fit to be president AT ALL and bush is better than obama... (NOBAMA)
[/quote]Well, since this area is about 60% conservative. Your comments do not surprise me. But, when you get away from these areas and look at the man from a larger spectrum, he is what many people wanted in the white house. [b]If PRESIDENT OBAMA coughs too hard, people like you and Rush find an excuse to say that he coughed at the wrong time. [/b] [/quote]

I could say the EXACT same thing about what the left thought of Bush! Obama will go down just like Carter.......IMHO
[/quote]

I called in 2009...........just sayin!!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1046262" timestamp="1314912753"]
I knew there was a reason many of yall seemed worried and just throwing all kinds of road-blocks to halt change ;D

Good news for the party for the people; the Obama camp: "a different model, from American University professor Allan Lichtman, "whose election formula has correctly called every president since Ronald Reagan’s 1984 re-election," says Obama is a shoo-in."  :o
[/quote]

I've got a hunch that Mr. Lichtmans "formula" might have changed considerably even in the short time since you started this thread.

Bad news for you REPS.  Top 10 Companies Hiring This Week ,  Sears, Chrysler - Mopar , Dollar General , Aflac,  Verizon,BAE Systems,Morgan Stanley,Chipotle,Wells Fargo, Spirit Halloween Superstores. South Texas Enjoys Major Boom From Oil Fracking.  No solid estimate of likely production has been made, but the American Petroleum Institute said the field should yield billions of barrels of oil. The project already supports [color=red]12,600 fulltime jobs,[/color] and by 2020 could account for [color=red]$11.6 billion and nearly 68,000 jobs[/color] in a 24-county area, according to study in February by the University of Texas' Center for Community and Business Research. Thing are getting better, To bad, no gloom and doom

[quote name="True Blue" post="1059730" timestamp="1316355754"]
Bad news for you REPS.  Top 10 Companies Hiring This Week ,  Sears, Chrysler - Mopar , Dollar General , Aflac,  Verizon,BAE Systems,Morgan Stanley,Chipotle,Wells Fargo, Spirit Halloween Superstores. South Texas Enjoys Major Boom From Oil Fracking.  No solid estimate of likely production has been made, but the American Petroleum Institute said the field should yield billions of barrels of oil. The project already supports [color=red]12,600 fulltime jobs,[/color] and by 2020 could account for [color=red]$11.6 billion and nearly 68,000 jobs[/color] in a 24-county area, according to study in February by the University of Texas' Center for Community and Business Research. Thing are getting better, To bad, no gloom and doom

[/quote]Thats great news!

[/quote]

It's always good when someone is hiring but there has always been someone hiring, even in the worst of times. The problem is losing more jobs than those starting. If we create 20,000 jobs this week but lose 50,000 then we are minus 30,000 jobs for the week.

According to government figures, last week alone saw 428,000 new jobless claims and up since the week before which had 417,000 new claims. So in the last two week almost one million people have filed new claims for unemployment.

You post information that shows (even if correct) that south Texas is going to create up to 68,000 job BY 2020. The last time I looked, that is 8+ years from now. I am not sure how that is going to help Obama's election chances in 13 months.

Just more proof -- Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said on Sunday that House Republicans would oppose President Barack Obama's payroll [color=red]tax cuts for both employers and employees[/color], arguing that the policy had already failed to provide a sufficient boost to the economy. "It hasn't worked," Ryan said, suggesting the current temporary tax cut should be allowed to expire, which will amount to [color=red]a 50 percent tax hike on workers making less than $106,000 per year[/color].

[color=red][size=18pt]He also said he opposes the president's proposal to require millionaires to pay the same tax rate as the middle class[/size][/color]that the Reps will do anything to try ans stall the ecom, to make the Pres look bad....

[/quote]

Yea, sure they are getting better.  Its just like a player who averages 12 turnovers a game but cuts that to 11 and can claim to be doing 8.5% better.

Read the following and tell me how this is Republican spin.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

TB does have the ability to ignore the entire picture and take a snippet out of it.

How about this one TB, the Democrats had a super majority for two years. There is nothing that the Republicans could do to stop anything that the Democrats wanted to do. What do we have to show for it? They could have pushed tax increases, tax cuts or whatever else they wanted. They did not even want to submit a budget so the public would not see the tiger in its true stripes.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1059854" timestamp="1316369049"]
TB does have the ability to ignore the entire picture and take a snippet out of it.

How about this one TB, the Democrats had a super majority for two years. There is nothing that the Republicans could do to stop anything that the Democrats wanted to do. What do we have to show for it? They could have pushed tax increases, tax cuts or whatever else they wanted. They did not even want to submit a budget so the public would not see the tiger in its true stripes.
[/quote]Cloward & Pevin!

[quote name="tvc184" post="1059854" timestamp="1316369049"]

[/quote]

Could have, but didn't.  so why do Republicans still cry and fret over guns, taxes etc?  Glen Beck has you guys scared of your own shadow.

[quote name="westend1" post="1059856" timestamp="1316369561"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=87540.msg1059854#msg1059854 date=1316369049]

[/quote]

Could have, but didn't.  so why do Republicans still cry and fret over guns, taxes etc?  Glen Beck has you guys scared of your own shadow.
[/quote]

Why do they fret over guns and taxes?  The reason I fret over taxes is because I want the money to be in the hands of someone who knows how to productively deploy it and, contrary to the typical dem belief, it definitely is NOT the government.  I know you lean more the left and I to the right, but can you honestly tell me  you believe that, since the current President took office, that the economic policies have been the right ones? 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1059870" timestamp="1316370622"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=87540.msg1059856#msg1059856 date=1316369561]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why do they fret over guns and taxes?  The reason I fret over taxes is because I want the money to be in the hands of someone who knows how to productively deploy it and, contrary to the typical dem belief, it definitely is NOT the government.  I know you lean more the left and I to the right, but can you honestly tell me  you believe that, since the current President took office, that the economic policies have been the right ones?
[/quote]

Depends, I guess.  Do you mean the tax cut extensions?  Don't see how you argue about that.  How about stimulus.  Just about every economist you read about says stimulus is a tool which should be used to fight off recession.  Was the stimulus the right type?  Don't know.  How bad would things have gotten for the auto industry without the clunker deal and cash bailouts?  We won't ever know.  We do know that expanding the money supply is a proven way to grow the economy.  I assume if the answers were easy, we wouldn't have gone into a recession in the first place.

[quote name="westend1" post="1059879" timestamp="1316371467"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=87540.msg1059870#msg1059870 date=1316370622]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Depends, I guess.  Do you mean the tax cut extensions?  Don't see how you argue about that.  How about stimulus.  Just about every economist you read about says stimulus is a tool which should be used to fight off recession.  Was the stimulus the right type?  Don't know.  How bad would things have gotten for the auto industry without the clunker deal and cash bailouts?  We won't ever know.  We do know that expanding the money supply is a proven way to grow the economy.  I assume if the answers were easy, we wouldn't have gone into a recession in the first place.
[/quote]

So then, can I assume it is your contention that the first "stimulus" merely saved things from being worse and the proposed "stimulus" is the one that will get things going again?  The same "economists" who were involved in crafting the "first stimulus" also said that by now (yes, the quote was the third quarter of 2011) unemployment would be below 8%.  While I understand that expanding the money supply(translation; printing money) is believed to help grow an economy, there is always an eventual price to pay called inflation.( if inflation doesnt scare you , it should - check out1977 when carter took office and inflation was at 6.5% the next year it was 7.62%, the next year it was 11.22% the next year it was 13.58% - In Reagans first term, one year after taking office it was back to 6.16%)  Additionally, history does NOT include any money supply expansion of this magnitude.  The current proposal advocates borrowing more $ to hire teachers, policemen, firemen, and construction workers for infrastructure projects( really does "sound" great).  When those borrowed funds have all been used, what leads you to believe that those "created" jobs will remain in existence?  Some believe that, after those funds have been used, the only thing left will be the debt we "created" and likely wont be able to repay.  And when that day comes, we will then be told that all of these brilliant politicians and economists think that more government involvement is our only hope and, of course, that the "rich" are not paying their fair share.  I am still hoping that the day will come that people will conclude that the government is NOT the solution to all problems, particularly of a financial nature.  Doesnt it ever make  you wonder what would happen if, instead of getting more involved in business, the government just got out of the way and let the markets make the decisions?  Solyndra was spending $6 per solar panel and selling it for $3.  We don't need those types of solutions.

[quote name="westend1" post="1059856" timestamp="1316369561"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't watch Glen Beck so you will have to tell me what he is saying.

Way before Glen Beck came along, Obama and others of his ilk have wanted to ban firearms and in particular handguns. They have also wanted to raise taxes.

The only thing standing in the way is almost every Republican and a few conservative leaning Democrats.

Let's not forget Obama saying that if he lived out in the country he could understand owning a gun but needed "common sense" for city dwellers. Obama backed Chicago and their gun ban that flew in the face of the Second Amendment. Let's not forget that only 12 Democrat senators voted for the Bush tax cuts in 2001 and 4 Democrats voted for the 2003 tax cuts. 

The idea that the Dems are pro tax cuts and pro Second Amendment is laughable. They are brought kicking and screaming but then want to claim support once it passes. The votes don't back up that claimed support.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1059916" timestamp="1316375007"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't watch Glen Beck so you will have to tell me what he is saying.

Way before Glen Beck came along, Obama and others of his ilk have wanted to ban firearms and in particular handguns. They have also wanted to raise taxes.

[b]The only thing standing in the way is almost every Republican and a few conservative leaning Democrats. [/b]

Let's not forget Obama saying that if he lived out in the country he could understand owning a gun but needed "common sense" for city dwellers. Obama backed Chicago and their gun ban that flew in the face of the Second Amendment. Let's not forget that only 12 Democrat senators voted for the Bush tax cuts in 2001 and 4 Democrats voted for the 2003 tax cuts. 

The idea that the Dems are pro tax cuts and pro Second Amendment is laughable. They are brought kicking and screaming but then want to claim support once it passes. The votes don't back up that claimed support.
[/quote]  There you go.  In one post you say they could have done it and in the next, you explain why they couldn't do it.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1059900" timestamp="1316373329"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=87540.msg1059879#msg1059879 date=1316371467]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So then, can I assume it is your contention that the first "stimulus" merely saved things from being worse and the proposed "stimulus" is the one that will get things going again?  The same "economists" who were involved in crafting the "first stimulus" also said that by now (yes, the quote was the third quarter of 2011) unemployment would be below 8%.  While I understand that expanding the money supply(translation; printing money) is believed to help grow an economy, there is always an eventual price to pay called inflation.( if inflation doesnt scare you , it should - check out1977 when carter took office and inflation was at 6.5% the next year it was 7.62%, the next year it was 11.22% the next year it was 13.58% - In Reagans first term, one year after taking office it was back to 6.16%)  Additionally, history does NOT include any money supply expansion of this magnitude.  The current proposal advocates borrowing more $ to hire teachers, policemen, firemen, and construction workers for infrastructure projects( really does "sound" great).  When those borrowed funds have all been used, what leads you to believe that those "created" jobs will remain in existence?  Some believe that, after those funds have been used, the only thing left will be the debt we "created" and likely wont be able to repay.  And when that day comes, we will then be told that all of these brilliant politicians and economists think that more government involvement is our only hope and, of course, that the "rich" are not paying their fair share.  I am still hoping that the day will come that people will conclude that the government is NOT the solution to all problems, particularly of a financial nature.  Doesnt it ever make  you wonder what would happen if, instead of getting more involved in business, the government just got out of the way and let the markets make the decisions?  Solyndra was spending $6 per solar panel and selling it for $3.  We don't need those types of solutions.
[/quote]  Sorry man.  Might could have learned something but it was too long for my attention span.

[quote name="westend1" post="1060039" timestamp="1316380902"]
There you go.  In one post you say they could have done it and in the next, you explain why they couldn't do it.
[/quote]

I see that you missed it so I will try again.

The Democrats led by Obama would love to tax everyone at a higher rate and restrict gun ownership. The Republicans and a few conservative leaning Democrats stand in the way. In truth, a couple of western state Democrats stand between gun control and the right to bear arms.

The voting records stand for themselves.

It would be easy to ignore their intent under the premise that they will lose but that is to be ready for defeat when it is a couple of votes from disaster.

[quote name="westend1" post="1060042" timestamp="1316380948"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=87540.msg1059900#msg1059900 date=1316373329]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=87540.msg1059879#msg1059879 date=1316371467]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]  Sorry man.  Might could have learned something but it was too long for my attention span.
[/quote]

Smaller paragraphs nash...know your crowd!  ;D

I tried that but was castigated severely.  As an example, I often used to talk about how so many people seemed to accept everything Obama said without question, as if it were the gospel (oops, excuse me for using a religious word).  Those words were compressed into "gulping" (aka-drinkers of kool aid) .  I then found out that such an approach was disrespectful and an unacceptable method of "delivery".  So, in an effort to become politically correct, I was forced to lengthen my comments.  I was just surprised to hear someone from the left admit that they had trouble comprehending anything longer than 20 or 25 words.  After all, isn't it supposed to be that we, on the left, are at a severe intellectual disadvantage?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1060085" timestamp="1316384593"]
I tried that but was castigated severely.  As an example, I often used to talk about how so many people seemed to accept everything Obama said without question, as if it were the gospel (oops, excuse me for using a religious word).  Those words were compressed into "gulping" (aka-drinkers of kool aid) .  I then found out that such an approach was disrespectful and an unacceptable method of "delivery".  So, in an effort to become politically correct, I was forced to lengthen my comments.  I was just surprised to hear someone from the left admit that they had trouble comprehending anything longer than 20 or 25 words.  After all, isn't it supposed to be that we, on the left, are at a severe intellectual disadvantage?
[/quote]  Oh, it's not a comprehension problem.  Most of it is just so factually incorrect I can dismiss it after a sentence or two.    ;)

How convenient that you can change your answer.  Part of my comments were opinions( for which there is no such thing as factually incorrect- as for the specific numbers I gave, they are on the record and available to anyone) I gave specific numbers on inflation in the Carter- Reagan years and some sales numbers for Solyndra.  Quite anxious to find out the fallacy in what I offered in that respect.

[quote name="westend1" post="1060089" timestamp="1316384778"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=87540.msg1060085#msg1060085 date=1316384593]
[/quote]  Oh, it's not a comprehension problem.  Most of it is just so factually incorrect I can dismiss it after a sentence or two.    ;)
[/quote]

I think that was a popular comment right after the Obamacare plan  was published but Nancy said not to worry about it and just vote yes.

[quote name="77" post="1060170" timestamp="1316389835"]
If you like 9% unemployment , higher taxes, higher food and clothing , and higher gas prices, more people on the govt. dole Obama is your man !
[/quote]  Must watch FOX if you think taxes are higher and more people are working for the government. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What were the issues at Rusk?  SB, Admin, Culture, Pay?  Inquiring minds would like to know.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up From the article: “As a parent, then as a homeowner, if you have some equity in your home, then you can say to your child, you know, ‘don’t take out the loan,’” she said. “‘I’ll take out some of the equity to help you pay for tuition so that you don’t graduate with extraordinary student loan debt, and so that when you graduate, you can do your dream job.’” Essentially, Harris suggested that parents give their kids a leg up in the world by being the ones to take out a loan instead. Except theirs would have much higher stakes than just needing to be paid back — it could mean losing their home. 🤦‍♂️
    • Good luck and safe travels. Bring it home.
    • It has been frustrating seeing the lack of coverage from virtually EVERY media outlet.  We (Chester) are in the SE Texas coverage area.  There are no radio broadcast from our area, and Ch 12 is the only one that has even mentioned it.   I know I could have gotten donations to cover a SETX Sports broadcast.  Oh well, water under the bridge - we aren’t as big as Silsbee, WO-S or PN-G.
    • PJ LOCKE                                DENVER BRONCOS               BMT CENTRAL  GRAYLAND ARNOLD           PITTSBURGH STEELERS        KOUNTZE  ELANDON ROBERTS             PITTSBURGH STEELERS        P.A MEMORIAL  TONY BROWN                   CLEVELAND BROWNS              BMT OZEN  ERIK MCCOY                        NEW ORLEANS SAINTS               LUFKIN  DAN MOORE                    PITTSBURGH STEELERS                BMT WESTBROOK  ROSCHON JOHNSON          CHICAGO BEARS                      PNG    PLAYERS I COULD COME UP WITH IN NFL.  NOT SURE IF ALL ARE STILL WITH CURRENT TEAMS. 
  • Topics