Proof! President Obama Will Win 2012

BLUEDOVE3

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1048941" timestamp="1315101930"]
Could be a blessing for Obama if Perry wins the nomination. Could be the added fuel needed to help the President win in 2021 ;)
[/quote]

Dove, this election's going to be based on the economy. Perry, Romney and almost any other Republican win in that area hands down.

By the way, I looked up Lichtman. His analysis is... interesting.

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2011/08/31/allan_lichtman_never_wrong_pundit_predicts_2012_win_for_obama.html

To be honest, I don't see how he can give points the way he did. He says there is no serious challenger for the nomination of the incumbent party. I agree with him there, but I wouldn't throw that point in Obama's favor; many democrats that showed support for Obama in the '08 primaries have said that they should have gone with Hillary, so I wouldn't be so quick to give him a point for that (not saying that he doesn't clearly have the nomination, just that there's some unrest in his party). I also think his incumbency is going to work against him as it traditionally has in a poor economic climate, so I wouldn't give Obama that point, either. Lichtman's "undecided" point, the influence of the economic conditions, is one I would put solidly in the Republicans' corner, whether Perry or Romney wins the nomination (both have better job creation records than Obama). I also think the major policy changes will work against Obama, so there's another point deduction. As for social unrest... well, I have mixed feelings, but I'll be fair and leave that point in Obama's corner. As far as foreign affairs failures, while there's been no outright failure, relations with Israel have all but collapsed, China is not very happy with American spending (which, like it or not, is on the Democrats) and our relations with Russia were very shaky for the first year and a half of Obama's term (they still aren't great) - that's another point deduction, in my mind.

The last two (charisma of incumbent and challenger) should be switched in my mind. Perry and Obama are both charismatic, and Romney isn't exactly boring.

So, my score, [b]based on this criteria[/b], is 5-4-4 with Obama in the lead, but not by much. With each passing day, Obama's approval rating drops and the Republicans gain momentum. Given a year, I think the pick for the 2013-2017 term is going to clearly be a Republican (I'm thinking Perry, personally), if it isn't already (which is a bit of a stretch).

A doctor from Israel says: " In Israel the medicine is so advanced that we
cut off a man's testicles, we put them into another man, and in 6 weeks he
is looking for work."

The German doctor comments: "That's nothing, in Germany we take part of the
brain out of a person; we put it into another person's head, and in 4 weeks
he is looking for work."

A Russian doctor says: "That's nothing either. In Russia we take out half of
the heart from a person; we put it into another person's chest, and in 2
weeks he is looking for work."

The U.S. doctor answers immediately: "That's nothing my colleagues, you are
way behind us....in the USA, about 2 years ago, we grabbed a person from
Kenya with no brains, no heart, and no balls...we made him President of the
United States, and now....the whole country is looking for work.

[quote name="77" post="1049024" timestamp="1315107332"]
What is this guy done that would make yall want him back in?
[/quote]The notion that the stimulus failed has hardened into Republican orthodoxy, but it doesn't hold up. A study released last week by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office confirmed that as of June, between 1 million and 2.9 million people are working who wouldn't otherwise have been, thanks to the stimulus. That study wasn't an outlier. Several others came to similar conclusions, including one by the economists Alan Blinder and Mark Zandi. As Jared Bernstein notes, the analysis by Blinder and Zandi found that the stimulus was responsible for roughly 2.7 million jobs and increased the GDP in 2010 by a healthy 3.4 percent.But a payroll tax cut has been in effect since the start of the year, and as Bruce Bartlett, who served as a Treasury official in President George H.W. Bush's administration, wrote this week, "There is no evidence that the lower payroll tax has done much of anything to stimulate either spending or hiring." The Obama administration has proposed extending the cut into next year. Republicans oppose the idea. The Republicans only wont the tax cut for the top 1% not for the working class.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1049816" timestamp="1315229871"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=87540.msg1049024#msg1049024 date=1315107332]
[/quote]The notion that the stimulus failed has hardened into Republican orthodoxy, but it doesn't hold up. A study released last week by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office confirmed that as of June, between 1 million and 2.9 million people are working who wouldn't otherwise have been, thanks to the stimulus. That study wasn't an outlier. Several others came to similar conclusions, including one by the economists Alan Blinder and Mark Zandi. As Jared Bernstein notes, the analysis by Blinder and Zandi found that the stimulus was responsible for roughly 2.7 million jobs and increased the GDP in 2010 by a healthy 3.4 percent.But a payroll tax cut has been in effect since the start of the year, and as Bruce Bartlett, who served as a Treasury official in President George H.W. Bush's administration, wrote this week, "There is no evidence that the lower payroll tax has done much of anything to stimulate either spending or hiring." The Obama administration has proposed extending the cut into next year. Republicans oppose the idea. The Republicans only wont the tax cut for the top 1% not for the working class.
[/qu

AT a cost of $285,000 per job, wouldnt you guess there would have been better alternatives?

I have an idea that I am pretty sure will help the employment situation.  When some guy wants to open a restaurant, cancel the worthless environmental impact study (that is performed by a bunch of useless bureaucrats ) and let him open the restaurant, sell food, and employ people who will pay taxes along with the restaurant.  Seems pretty simple to me.  Yes, I understand that we might harm the sea turtle or the spotted owl, but for now, lets just try to make hiring a little easier.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1049816" timestamp="1315229871"]
[/quote]

Source?

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1049913" timestamp="1315245638"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=87540.msg1049816#msg1049816 date=1315229871]
[/quote]

Source?
[/quote]

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110905022417AAaEVyb

[quote name="stevenash" post="1049882" timestamp="1315239211"]
I have an idea that I am pretty sure will help the employment situation.  When some guy wants to open a restaurant, cancel the worthless environmental impact study (that is performed by a bunch of useless bureaucrats ) and let him open the restaurant, sell food, and employ people who will pay taxes along with the restaurant.  Seems pretty simple to me.  Yes, I understand that we might harm the sea turtle or the spotted owl, but for now, lets just try to make hiring a little easier.
[/quote]

I thought only government agency action required an EIS.  Are you sure that it extends to private business owners?  I don't think opening a restaurant triggers the National Environmental Protection Act.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1049923" timestamp="1315246560"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=87540.msg1049913#msg1049913 date=1315245638]
[/quote]

Source?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name="westend1" post="1049928" timestamp="1315247218"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=87540.msg1049882#msg1049882 date=1315239211]
[/quote]

I thought only government agency action required an EIS.  Are you sure that it extends to private business owners?  I don't think opening a restaurant triggers the National Environmental Protection Act.
[/quote]

You may be right.  My point is that we have gotten so enchanted with environmental concerns/global warming  that there is no more realism and common sense about this stuff.  My guess is that there are hundreds of businesses that might be operating now if it werent for the obstacles one must overcome to get started.  Not to mention the size/cost of those employed by the fed to oversee those things.

A Washington Post-ABC survey released Monday found that 60 percent of those polled expressed disapproval of Obama's handling of the economy. Thirty-four percent said his proposals were making the situation worse and 47 percent said they were having no effect – dismal soundings for a president headed into a re-election campaign.

Only 19 percent said the country was moving in the right direction.

Not that Republicans, or Congress as a whole, are in good odor with the voters.

The Post-ABC News poll found only 28 percent approval for the job the Republicans are doing, and 68 percent disapproval.

An AP-GfK survey last month put overall support for Congress at 12 percent – the lowest level ever in the survey's history.

The tea party has also been hurt, according to the same poll, which found that 32 percent of those surveyed have a deeply unfavorable impression of the movement that helped give Republicans control of the House in the 2010 elections
So people are not happy with Obama right now but there still not going to put another bible thumping, gun tote war hungry Rep back in office.

Since he took office more money has been spent than ever before  we owe more than ever before unemployment is at 9%, more people than ever on food stamps the cost of gasoline is higher the cost of food and clothing is higher so if thats a good thing Obama is your  man and if he gets 4 more yrs. it will only get worse. Remember Cloward & Pevin..........

You may be right.  My point is that we have gotten so enchanted with environmental concerns/global warming  that there is no more realism and common sense about this stuff.  My guess is that there are hundreds of businesses that might be operating now if it werent for the obstacles one must overcome to get started.  Not to mention the size/cost of those employed by the fed to oversee those things.
[/quote]

Having been and Environmental Consultant for 7 yrs I can tell you that no rule has hurt big oil as much as the MSS rule past by Texas under Rick Perry as the Govenor.  So if you really want to demonize a President for the EPA then demonize Perry for the TCEQ.  Note the EPA's regulations were not enacted by OBama, they have been there for decades.  All the new rules that industry hates that havec ome out under Obama were proposed and on the timeline to roll out before Obama took office; which include GHG, Boiler Macts, interstate Air Regulating, and Rotating Engines regulating.  They were all on the timeline to be rolled out beforehe took office (new rules take 3 to 5 years to roll-out, most take 3 years before you must comply).  A Supreme court decision with two Bush appointees gave the EPA the authority to regulate GHG!  So Obama is not more the culpret, neither is Bush.  The one thing Repubs hang their hat on is drilling, but I say he had to respond to the desaster!

[quote name="stevenash" post="1049923" timestamp="1315246560"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=87540.msg1049913#msg1049913 date=1315245638]
[/quote]

Source?
[/quote]

[/quote]

LMBO.......his source was "answers.yahoo.com"??

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1052121" timestamp="1315518384"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=87540.msg1049923#msg1049923 date=1315246560]
[/quote]

Source?
[/quote]

[/quote]

LMBO.......his source was "answers.yahoo.com"??
[/quote]

This is the real source:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/could-obama-done-differently-create-jobs-improve-economy-151029988.html

It's an article westend posted that I hadn't seen when I requested True Blue's source. It appears that someone quoted the article in that particular Yahoo Answers thread.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1049957" timestamp="1315249574"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=87540.msg1049928#msg1049928 date=1315247218]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] What a predicament for our kids! Burn /freeze/ choke to death from the environment or die homeless with no job. Thanks baby-boomers!!!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1052498" timestamp="1315576340"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=87540.msg1049957#msg1049957 date=1315249574]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] What a predicament for our kids! Burn /freeze/ choke to death from the environment or die homeless with no job. Thanks baby-boomers!!!
[/quote]

Burn/freeze/choke to death= H Y P  E R B O L E

[quote name="stevenash" post="1052606" timestamp="1315582931"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=87540.msg1052498#msg1052498 date=1315576340]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=87540.msg1049957#msg1049957 date=1315249574]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Burn/freeze/choke to death= H Y P  E R B O L E
[/quote]And dying homeless isn't?  :'(

[quote name="tvc184" post="1052748" timestamp="1315591938"]
I must have missed the news stories of the kids in a predicament on how they are going to die. In fact, I missed the part about any of them burning or freezing to death.

I need to read MSNBC more I guess.
[/quote]You're RIGHT!!! You won't find it on Fox ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1052755" timestamp="1315592266"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=87540.msg1052748#msg1052748 date=1315591938]
I must have missed the news stories of the kids in a predicament on how they are going to die. In fact, I missed the part about any of them burning or freezing to death.

I need to read MSNBC more I guess.
[/quote]You're RIGHT!!! You won't find it on Fox ;D
[/quote]

I think the Huffington Post carried that story...front page!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder