Central vs. LaMarque Predictions?

KFDM COOP

Guest Indian Chief
Imma try to see part of the Brook game' date=' I will see all of our game, then I will go root them Bulldogs. I hope that we all win, because I dont' wanna have to drive back to Beaumont with a Total loss. that would suck...[/quote'] I think Central wins. Have to stay away from the turnovers though. Yea those drives back home can be rough.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had to go back a few months and find my post from when the Nederland Bull-Pups were going on and on about how they thought a miracle was going to happen for them against LM...had to line them out. Of course it was written about a pre-season game so it talks about playing teams like LM to get better...but yoou get the point. You will have the same drive home to ponder what if...

So here it is again...and I took the liberty to replace Nederland with Central:

Anyone...and I mean anyone who thinks Central has a glimmer of chance at winning this ball game is completely dillusioned by home town pride. Let's get real...teams like Central do not play teams like LaMarque (and that is with a capital "M" by the way) to get an early win...they play them in order to measure their own team's ability by playing the best out there.

And don't give me that "they're not the LM they used to be" nonsense. People...this is LaMarque.

But my hats off to the teams that play the best no matter what the outcome will be 100 times out of 100. In order to be the best, you have to beat the best...and that begins with playing the best...then moves on to being competitive with the best...eventually approaches almost beating the best...and one day, maybe, just maybe...beating the best.

And you will have the 2 hr drive home to dream about that one day...somewhere off in the future...that the day arrives when Central finally...almost beats LaMarque.

LaMarque 28

Central 7

Why so close? Because LM will sub in there back-ups before the half.

(Gee...I wonder where I went to HS??)

i hope that central can pull out the win, it's going to be tough. imo what makes lamarque so tough every year is that you not only play against a school that has great athletes. you also have to play against their past. they have a great winning tradition, they talk the talk and walk the walk. you play against the 6 straight title appearances in the 90's, and the "Black Storm" defense. dont forget about their fans saying "WE ARE LaMarque Cougers!!! WOOSH!!! that is the most intimidating high school cheer i've ever heard. central will need to be ready for battle.

Coog4eva..Come on man' date=' tell me some moe about dem Coogs this year.[/quote']

Check these two sites......

http://www.coogsports.net/ -----have game highlights

www.lmtdc.org ------other tidbits

What else would you like to know......O-line is huge and fast.....RBs (several to choose from--take your pick) are fast and bruisers....defense is fast and hard hitters....QB exceeds expectations...its in his genes.......receivers are playmakers (especially JoJo at 6'6).....the depth on the squad is unbelievable....one goes out another comes in......kicking game is superb....one thing I would like to note and I hate to say.....when we are are ahead with the clock ticking down we tend to take a knee and take it to the house.....which I sometimes do not agree with.........

Good luck Central' date=' I hope you can find a way to come out with a W.

[img']http://eteamz.active.com/bheagles/images/CentralInt.jpg

:D Thanks for the picture. Hopefully the Jags can pull this one out.

I've seen both teams play in person over the last few weeks. La Marque is ABSOLUTELY the best team. They have speed at every position and are very balanced on offense. If BMT loads the box to stop the run the Kerlegan kid will torch their secondary. If they don't load the box LM will run the football all night.

LaMarque's defense is an Offensive Coordinators NIGHTMARE!!!!! I've got 3 words to describe it; SPEED, SPEED, AND OH YEAH, SPEED! I've been watching Texas High School football for over 20 years and have seen some great defenses but this is one of the hardest hitting units I've ever seen. I know that every team has a big hitter on defense but these guys WILL RUN THROUGH YOU! I mean even their DB's are hitters.

I really think that BMT has had an exceptional year but I think this will be the end for them. La Marque just has too many WEAPONS to match up against. Good luck to both teams, and everyone be safe traveling to and from the game. God Bless.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder