What does this mean for Nederland?

You are right Skip, it had to be a lift for the Dogs to win over an always tough WO-S team. The way the teams fought it out, it will probably be a big learning factor for both teams. We need more games like that one that go right down to the wire. Good luck to both teams this year.....

[quote name="tvc184" post="1044408" timestamp="1314669087"]
It means that Nederland is 1-0 and needs to make some improvements if they are going to make a run at the playoffs.

Good job in the comeback but a season it doesn't make.
[/quote]

Agreed.  I have seen a season go both ways after a big non-district win.  There are still quite a bit of things to work on.  The heart shown by Ned is something to build on along with some other pluses.

Nederland is definately bigger up front than the Mustangs, as far as wearing us down I really don't think conditioning was the problem. Bulldogs should have been able to wear us down as they have many more kids on their varsity than we do and we ahve several kids playing both ways due to sheer numbers. I just don't think that they did. Nederland is a good team and should be playoff bound. Bulldogs just got the big plays when they needed it. From a Mustang perceptive the 'Dogs HAVE to run the ball better but not many teams will cover their outside receivers one on one most of the night like we did. I was impressed with their defense the second half against the run but I thought the secondary was a little iffy and the Mustangs really didn't take full advantage of it. They will be ok against power teams but speed teams should continue to give them problems. They should go at least one or two rounds in playoffs in my opinion and I hope they go further.

[quote name="baddog" post="1045089" timestamp="1314738417"]
I don't care for any state ranking.....not that we even deserve one yet. I want an outright district championship for Neumann. No one deserves one more than he does.
[/quote]
Does he not already have one?

If size makes a difference then this is by far the biggest team that we have had, but talent wise that is to be seen. Neumann has been able to get a lot from his players over the years so we really will not know till the end of the season after all he has had a team that went 9 and 1 and one that played in the semi-finals.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder