Highland Park @ Texas High in Shreveport

Guest etbu

According to Channel three out of Shreveport tonight if HP and TH win on friday night they will meet next friday at one PM. The game will be played at Indep. Stadium and should be a very interesting week. :shock:

It's just my opinion, but this should not be allowed. I don't like some of the things that the UIL (and the government) dictates. But, tax dollars on these TEXAS high school games should be spent in TEXAS. I know there are opposing points to this, but overall, that's my opinion.....

Thanks for the info ETBU....

According to Channel three out of Shreveport tonight if HP and TH win on friday night they will meet next friday at one PM. The game will be played at Indep. Stadium and should be a very interesting week. :shock:

And the team that does not win will be considered weak by most posters on this board.

AHUD,

You're right...there is no conspiracy, but sometimes the flip of the coin is not so simple. Apparently you're not aware of the background between Highland Park and Texas High. These coaching staffs have been butting heads for several years. Most teams in the state would jump at the chance to play at Texas Stadium. Texas High has - "been there done that" - on several occasions including a state championship victory. Why would Barry Norton agree to play in HP's backyard and then his team and fans travel 2 1/2 hours? Highland Park has always been able to use their influence to strongarm teams into favorable positions for HP. They just get bent out of shape when Norton and the Texas High staff don't start slobbering on themselves at a chance to play in Dallas.

I hate that some Texas city may lose a lot of revenue if this game goes across the state line, but I love the fact that Barry Norton and Texas High stand their ground!

I agree that Barry should stand his ground and do what's best for his team. No doubt. Having said that, I just believe the game should be in TEXAS. Both coaches can choose where they want and it simply comes to a flip. Obviously, Barry won the flip..... I would just flip for a big venue for Texarkana people not having to go to HP's backyard.

AHUD' date='

You're right...there is no conspiracy, but sometimes the flip of the coin is not so simple. Apparently you're not aware of the background between Highland Park and Texas High. These coaching staffs have been butting heads for several years. Most teams in the state would jump at the chance to play at Texas Stadium. Texas High has - "been there done that" - on several occasions including a state championship victory. Why would Barry Norton agree to play in HP's backyard and then his team and fans travel 2 1/2 hours? Highland Park has always been able to use their influence to strongarm teams into favorable positions for HP. They just get bent out of shape when Norton and the Texas High staff don't start slobbering on themselves at a chance to play in Dallas.

I hate that some Texas city may lose a lot of revenue if this game goes across the state line, but I love the fact that Barry Norton and Texas High stand their ground![/quote']

Well said my man and your right I really appreciate Coach Norton standing up to HP. Last year when Marshall played them it was bizarre when HP fans could not get tickets and were coming over to Marshall to purchase them at any cost. I have no problem with that bc free trade is good for everyone but a little to much swagger for me.

WOSmustangs,

You are right about this game and that it should be played in Texas, but it's a simple matter of geograghy. Texarkana is located in the northeastern most corner of the state (hence the name). There are limited venues in northeast Texas that will hold the type of crowd that these two teams will bring with them. They have played in Rose Stadium in Tyler before with overflow crowds and not enough tickets for the HP fans and they were very vocal about it. (I believe that stadium hold about 11,000, not positive on that figure though.) Even though this is about the same driving distance for both team and the largest stadium that would really be nuetral, HP acts offended that they would be asked to play there. Shreveport would certainly be a larger stadium, but about twice the driving distance for HP.

Not the most perfect situation for either team, but you have to admire Norton for sticking to his guns.

I just had some information that if they both win this week, their game WILL be in Fair Park Stadium in Shreveport 1:00PM Friday, and if that stadium had not been available it would have been played in Grambling Stadium near Ruston, La.

Well guys I would really like to see Texas High put something on HP but I don't know if that will happen. Two good really good qb's and great teams will make a very interesting game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu