Bridge City players like chances against WO-S

same song, different year, same outcome... menard is a very talented athlete but he got beat up badly by the chain gang last year and bc's heart was taken! if the o line blocks like they did last year menard will be running for his life all night!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1031563" timestamp="1312488588"]
Has everyone forgotten that WOS has lost a head coach. Yes the other coach stepped up and he's been with the program for many years but still loosing a head coach is bound to affect the players that played under him last year. I think thats the chink in the mighty armor of the chain gang and BC will pull the upset this year.
[/quote]

I for one don't think the coaching change will make much of a difference since Thompson has been with the Stangs for so many yrs.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="VPirate" post="1031651" timestamp="1312502156"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86283.msg1031563#msg1031563 date=1312488588]
Has everyone forgotten that WOS has lost a head coach. Yes the other coach stepped up and he's been with the program for many years but still loosing a head coach is bound to affect the players that played under him last year. I think thats the chink in the mighty armor of the chain gang and BC will pull the upset this year.
[/quote]

I for one don't think the coaching change will make much of a difference since Thompson has been with the Stangs for so many yrs.
[/quote]
Yes he has been with the stangs for many years but having a coaching change in the head coach position can make a big difference if its someone new. Even if he has been with them for years he wasn't in that head coaching position and i think that it will make a difference. Not saying that they are gonna bomb out and not make anything out of there season, just that the head coaching position change may be the difference in the game. But thats just my opinion.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1031747" timestamp="1312520653"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=86283.msg1031651#msg1031651 date=1312502156]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86283.msg1031563#msg1031563 date=1312488588]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes he has been with the stangs for many years but having a coaching change in the head coach position can make a big difference if its someone new. Even if he has been with them for years he wasn't in that head coaching position and i think that it will make a difference. Not saying that they are gonna bomb out and not make anything out of there season, just that the head coaching position change may be the difference in the game. But thats just my opinion.
[/quote]And you picked the right name, "mytwocents."  ::)  :D ::)

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1031484" timestamp="1312479011"]
[color=red] The difference between WO-S and other teams in the area is that, other teams players reach their peak at those younger ages, while WO-S continue to get better year by year.[/quote][/color]

I can't believe you think that only the kids that go to wo-s have the ability to get better after a certain age. ;D

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1031809" timestamp="1312555196"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=86283.msg1031484#msg1031484 date=1312479011]
[color=red] The difference between WO-S and other teams in the area is that, other teams players reach their peak at those younger ages, while WO-S continue to get better year by year.[/quote][/color]

I can't believe you think that only the kids that go to wo-s have the ability to get better after a certain age. ;D
[/quote]

I never said WO-s only have the ability to get better, but this Bridge City team isn't the only team that has beaten Wo-s as underclassman. Ask the players from those teams how they were able to beat WO-s as underclassmen only to lose to them 40-0 as seniors. Yes,players from other teams might get better, but not to the level of WO-S.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1031814" timestamp="1312556449"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=86283.msg1031809#msg1031809 date=1312555196]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=86283.msg1031484#msg1031484 date=1312479011]

[/quote]

I never said WO-s only have the ability to get better, but this Bridge City team isn't the only team that has beaten Wo-s as underclassman. Ask the players from those teams how they were able to beat WO-s as underclassmen only to lose to them 40-0 as seniors. Yes,players from other teams might get better, but not to the level of WO-S.
[/quote]
Really beating WOS in sub varsity doesn't mean much because they play so many young kids on the varsity. In other words when you beat WOS in sv you are only beating the ones who aren't already on varsity.

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="1031890" timestamp="1312570465"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=86283.msg1031814#msg1031814 date=1312556449]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Really beating WOS in sub varsity doesn't mean much because they play so many young kids on the varsity. In other words when you beat WOS in sv you are only beating the ones who aren't already on varsity.
[/quote]
Silsbee kept all the Freshmen together last year.  WOS had some on JV.  And Jasper had them all spread out.  Three on Varsity?  You are right on .

[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=86283.msg1031814#msg1031814 date=1312556449]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah, that sounds pretty much right to me.

Guest Pirate_pride_07

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
And you also gotta think about the underclassmen that are gonna step it up this year that weren't on the team in the jv game.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1031629" timestamp="1312496369"]
Bridge City wins by 7.
[/quote]

I will take a piece of that for sure.

BC and Mennard should think they have a chance. If they don't believe it then it will never happen. Mennard is a great competitor. He proved that last year as he just kept picking himself up.

[quote name="td" post="1032187" timestamp="1312729212"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=86283.msg1031629#msg1031629 date=1312496369]
Bridge City wins by 7.
[/quote]

I will take a piece of that for sure.

BC and Mennard should think they have a chance. If they don't believe it then it will never happen. Mennard is a great competitor. He proved that last year as he just kept picking himself up.
[/quote]

Mennard no doubt is the real deal...But when you go into a game with a team who has a tradition of winning as WOS does it stays with you mentally and when they score first on you the first thing that comes to mind is: 'oh no !!! here we go again"...You have to prove you can win,Not just think you can..Confidence is a good commodity to have but a little luck don't hurt either...  Will be a great game as usual.. ;)

[quote name="SB-fan" post="1032380" timestamp="1312769088"]
Coach Thompson is the rock that has always held the Mustangs together, so no problem with that change. Also give Menard ups for what he said but with WOS winning program talk is just that talk..
[/quote] Like i said earlier they play Kirbyville first and we gonna see if they can get 31 points this year.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1032414" timestamp="1312778229"]
[quote author=SB-fan link=topic=86283.msg1032380#msg1032380 date=1312769088]
Coach Thompson is the rock that has always held the Mustangs together, so no problem with that change. Also give Menard ups for what he said but with WOS winning program talk is just that talk..
[/quote] Like i said earlier they play Kirbyville first and we gonna see if they can get 31 points this year.
[/quote]

You are sure confident about your cats..

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1032614" timestamp="1312834970"]
@Setxfootball....why shouldn't i be?? I mean we're young but still......BC gonna get that hat brought to them. It sound like they overlooking the rest of they schedule and highly concentrating on just WOS.
[/quote]

My cards dont have to beat kirbyville to win district.. I mean thats gonna be a goal when they come across them and it will be a thriller just like last year, but to win 21-3A district title they must defeat the one and only WOS Mustangs and connot forget about the Silsbee Tigers there in this race also. Not that there overlooking k-ville but you get what im trying to say  8)

BC has a good team with an outstanding QB. I feel like if you stop him they're done. I watched this kid last year against Kirbyville and i believe the cats underestimated him. We didn't adjust to his style of play until like the begining of the 4th qtr and thats when our defense really pressured Menard and Quentin Jacko picked him off several times.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1032623" timestamp="1312836001"]
BC has a good team with an outstanding QB. I feel like if you stop him they're done. I watched this kid last year against Kirbyville and i believe the cats underestimated him. We didn't adjust to his style of play until like the begining of the 4th qtr and thats when our defense really pressured Menard and Quentin Jacko picked him off several times.
[/quote]

BC will have alot of tallent on offense, with menard and clark returning in the backfield they will have an awsome run game and also having dishon at wideout to throw to im sure kirbyville will have there hands full.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty