What was the 1st HS football game you saw? (with knowledge of the game)

The earliest game I remember was the '99 State Championship. I was in the first grade and didn't fully understand what was going on, but I think I knew the basics.

The thing I remember most about that game, though, was the SEA of purple covering the Astrodome. That was an awesome sight.

My first football game was the last  year of Lamar football.  I was a little kid and I didn't know what was going on.  All I remember was rolling down the hills at LU Stadium.  The game that I actually do remember was '92 or '93 I believe.  Central Vs. West Brook.  Beaumont bowl.  I remember seeing Leeland McElroy whipping some booty.

Since I played football at French I always Knew :)..But when I was little I always watched them on T.V. The first game I went to in Person which made me want to play was when I was in the 3rd or 2nd grade and I watched Beaumont Hebert beat Gainsville in the state game by like 4tds... (back then it was the pvil)...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1029428" timestamp="1311975383"]
My first football game was the last  year of Lamar football.  I was a little kid and I didn't know what was going on.  All I remember was rolling down the hills at LU Stadium.  The game that I actually do remember was '92 or '93 I believe.  Central Vs. West Brook.  Beaumont bowl.  I remember seeing Leeland McElroy whipping some booty.
[/quote]That game came on Channel 6, i believe it was a day-time game. Wasnt Jeff Hopper the QB for Central?

Game i remember more than any @ Bronco stadium 1966 bi-dist game.Bronchos(how it was spelled back then)up 7-0 w/under 2 min.to play & Hardin-Jefferson driving.H-J scores 6 w/seconds left.H-J behind on penetrations goes for 2.Recievers are well covered and just before the qb gets sacked he lobs the ball right in the middle-up for grabs and the CENTER catches the arrant wobbly pass and the umpire signaled a score.There were fans furious on the Dayton side and the coaches ran on the field in protest.Protest denied H-J wins 8-7.Game protested in Austin,ruling stood as called.Tat game was a war defensively.We were p-oed for months/years.I posted a long time ago the game was w/HF and it was H-J >:( 8)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1029484" timestamp="1311983763"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86110.msg1029480#msg1029480 date=1311983286]
Man yall are old  ;D  ;D  ::)  8)
[/quote]

Careful there, sonny boy! >:( >:( >:( ;D
[/quote]
Hey i may be young but i ain't young enough to be called that.  ;D  :D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1029436" timestamp="1311976974"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=86110.msg1029428#msg1029428 date=1311975383]
[/quote]That game came on Channel 6, i believe it was a day-time game. Wasnt Jeff Hopper the QB for Central?
[/quote]
I played in that game and we shut Leeland down on a goal line stand for 4 downs inside the 5 yard line. It was the football season of 1991. WB won!

[quote name="JSnipes" post="1029410" timestamp="1311973854"]
I might have some of the facts wrong here but this is the first game I remember watching...I was 5 or 6

1988 (could have been 89) PNG vs. A&M Consolidated at the Astrodome. I believe A&M won 35-0
[/quote]

The year was definitely 1989. The score however, I don't recall it being that big of a blow out (could be wrong).

Guest UHCoog14
Did not know Coach Shaver. My cousin  Gene Isabell,  Sr.  was HC there for a few years.

I can remember watching them play Mojo in the state finals. (after he had left there unfortunately)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder