SLC Coaches and SIDs don't think too highly of LU Football

A media day poll of the Southland Conference head football coaches and a poll of Southland Conference Sports Information Directors both predicted LU to place in 8th in the SLC:

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=205185218

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1028622" timestamp="1311776480"]
A media day poll of the Southland Conference head football coaches and a poll of Southland Conference Sports Information Directors both predicted LU to place in 8th in the SLC:

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=205185218
[/quote]No surprise.  We have a start-up program that hasn't proven anything.......yet.

True enough.  And I wasn't expecting to see LU at the top of these predictions, or in the top half for that matter.  But I see Lamar program, albeit a young one, as a bit better than an 8th place team in this conference.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1028633" timestamp="1311781113"]
True enough.  And I wasn't expecting to see LU at the top of these predictions, or in the top half for that matter.  [b]But I see Lamar program, albeit a young one, as a bit better than an 8th place team in this conference.[/b]
[/quote]

Gotta prove it on the field.

You guys don't realize how much talent lost there were to the SLC and SBC as a result of UTSA and Lamar adding football and Texas st moving to FCS. The SLC will be weaker this year compare to last year. Lamar's talent level is high enough to win the SLC. Whether Lamar win or not will be determined by the coaching.

[quote name="kingkat99" post="1030960" timestamp="1312379141"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=86046.msg1030898#msg1030898 date=1312343490]
i think Slam is 1st, then -no particular order- SFA, UCA and that nasty purple field,McSleeze-after that its anybody....
[/quote]

I like the way you think, and I hope your prediction is spot on.... ;)
[/quote]

excellent running backs..passing game, tho????

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1031751" timestamp="1312525496"]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=86046.msg1030960#msg1030960 date=1312379141]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=86046.msg1030898#msg1030898 date=1312343490]
i think Slam is 1st, then -no particular order- SFA, UCA and that nasty purple field,McSleeze-after that its anybody....
[/quote]

I like the way you think, and I hope your prediction is spot on.... ;)
[/quote]

excellent running backs..passing game, tho????
[/quote]

Passing game is a question mark for us no doubt.  Coach stated that we are going to open it up this year as they kept it conservative last season with Bell being a true freshman....but with backs like Flanders and Franks and a return man Like Closner that puts your starting field position at midfield fairly consistently we may not have to open it up all the time....I doubt your Cards are a last place, if everything falls into place like it could for you guys you very easily could and should be in the mix.

Guest ECBucFan
If LU is going to beat SFA, get them early. SFA, due to losing Peyton Award Winner QB Jeremy Moses, will be going through an adjustment year. SFA might struggle early, but gel as the season progresses. McNeese looks very, very sound...

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1031949" timestamp="1312584803"]
If LU is going to beat SFA, get them early. SFA, due to losing Peyton Award Winner QB Jeremy Moses, will be going through an adjustment year. SFA might struggle early, but gel as the season progresses. McNeese looks very, very sound...
[/quote]I think you are correct about McNeese.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder