PAM Head Basketball job

Hearing some terrible rumblings about who could possibly be the next coach at PAM. Don't wish to say what I have heard just yet but if this comes true, PAM is in much worse shape than I ever thought. NO WAY PAM NEEDS TO STOOP THIS LOW!!!! That school should have a great list to choose from.

If anyone has heard anything, please post.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1021487" timestamp="1309447139"]
Hearing some terrible rumblings about who could possibly be the next coach at PAM. Don't wish to say what I have heard just yet but if this comes true, PAM is in much worse shape than I ever thought. NO WAY PAM NEEDS TO STOOP THIS LOW!!!! That school should have a great list to choose from.

[/quote] :-X :-X :-X

[/quote]PM me

[/quote]

Please don't tell me they are considering a former poster on this board

[quote name="stevenash" post="1021536" timestamp="1309457497"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85349.msg1021487#msg1021487 date=1309447139]

[/quote]

Please don't tell me they are considering a former poster on this board
[/quote] :-X :-X :D :-X

[/quote]Terrible? ???

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="team first" post="1021550" timestamp="1309459725"]
Terrible as in bad choice, joke, laughing stock of setx bball
[/quote]

Come on, Guys!  Give young Walter a break.  At least he knows his way around Pt. Arthur.  I don't know his coaching style but I suspect it's throw a ball on the court and let 'em play while he signs on to SETXSports and tells the world how great his team is going to be. ;D

Guest baseball25
hey guys I know alot of people hated dickie V but I feel most of that was a put on by him and he was trying to make people mad and etc and thats what he did and he's a nice guy and a fun guy to talk basketball with... I didn't read alot of stuff he said on here but I am sure he knows his basketball and he's been around alot of great coaches but I can promise you this I know some stuff on here that people don't know;), but give the man a break he has a wonderful family and has his life going in the right direction and people deserve 2nd chances!!!

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="1021571" timestamp="1309463052"]
Someone must be giving out BAD info.

I am 99.9% certain he will NOT get an interview. I'll post an updated Tweet soon enough & post on Hoop Insider.
[/quote]

That "bad" info came from the "horse" himself. Trust me Chad, it went through one ear and out the other. But, it is the only "info" I have heard about the job.

Guest baseball25
I spoke with coach yates last night and he indicated to me that he has no interest in the Memorial job, and he wishes all the candidates the best, and he's happy where he is!!!!

[quote name="basketball25" post="1021802" timestamp="1309536892"]
I spoke with coach yates last night and he indicated to me that he has no interest in the Memorial job, and he wishes all the candidates the best, and he's happy where he is!!!!
[/quote]

That's quite the contrast as what you told me he said to you just two weeks ago. ;) ::)

Quote, "I'll be the associate AD and most likely the head basketball coach" and "We are working around the certification thing".

Why would he tell you that and then two weeks later tell you he has no interest? ::)

BTW, I think it's time you drop the "coach" moniker when addressing his name. ;)

[quote name="basketball25" post="1021880" timestamp="1309549021"]
maybe he has other plans who knows!!!
[/quote]

I think it's more accurate to state that he was just running a line of bull by you when he said he was going to be the Associate AD and most likely new head basketball coach.  ;)

The guy is in LaLa Land!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1021884" timestamp="1309549473"]
[quote author=basketball25 link=topic=85349.msg1021880#msg1021880 date=1309549021]
maybe he has other plans who knows!!!
[/quote]

I think it's more accurate to state that he was just running a line of bull by you when he said he was going to be the Associate AD and most likely new head basketball coach.  ;)

The guy is in LaLa Land!
[/quote] :D

I know many of you dont like the guy but he has had success as far as winning at every program he has been apart of (as an assistant and a head coach)! The guys only issues is that I don't think he was ready for the politics of being a head coach and he did not know how to stay still. Other than that he is neither a bad guy nor a public travesty!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder