Bridge City 5  Groves National 2  F, Groves National eliminated

CHAMPION - [color=red]BRIDGE CITY[/color]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1022508" timestamp="1309951583"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=85190.msg1022070#msg1022070 date=1309636592]
Bridge City will host Port Neches Tuesday night at 7.
[/quote]

Heard PN was disqualified from the district tournament.

Anyone confirm or deny?
[/quote]
not true. Deal is they have a kid that is 12 years old that played up in junior senior league with 13 and 14's. He is only 12 though. BC is contesting that he is an illegal player since he didn't play in the 11/12 year old division. They are waiting on a response from Williamsport. BC contested it, and they suspended last nights game until an official ruling from Williamsport.

Senior league is still part of little league. The kid is really good and played up. I think he should be able to play IMO.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1022514" timestamp="1309956977"]
[quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=85190.msg1022508#msg1022508 date=1309951583]
[/quote]

Anyone confirm or deny?
[/quote]
not true. Deal is they have a kid that is 12 years old that played up in junior senior league with 13 and 14's. He is only 12 though. BC is contesting that he is an illegal player since he didn't play in the 11/12 year old division. Theyare waiting on a response from Williamsport.

Senior league is still part of little league. The kid is really good and played up. I think he should able to play IMO.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Was wondering if there was a "Danny Almonte" situation brewing!

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1022514" timestamp="1309956977"]
[quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=85190.msg1022508#msg1022508 date=1309951583]
[/quote]

Anyone confirm or deny?
[/quote]
not true. Deal is they have a kid that is 12 years old that played up in junior senior league with 13 and 14's. He is only 12 though. BC is contesting that he is an illegal player since he didn't play in the 11/12 year old division. They are waiting on a response from Williamsport. BC contested it, and they suspended last nights game until an official ruling from Williamsport.

Senior league is still part of little league. The kid is really good and played up. I think he should be able to play IMO.
[/quote]most of the guys that run district 32 were originally from bcll. the district administrator's name is on the major league field in bc. with that being said, he is an excellent d.a., and would never do anything that wasn't by the book. that's probably why he sent the matter to williamsport. i believe there is a rule in the green book about playing a certain amount of games within the division you are selected an all-star in during the regular season. hopefully the kid gets to play. it looks pretty petty on the bridge city person that contested it. this should have been taken care of during the affidavit meeting.

I'm just wondering how it's different from a kid that let's say is 10 years old and in the league 9's and 10's play together. The kid decides to play in the 11/12 year old division, but when all-stars comes around, he is picked on the 10 year old all-star team. Senior league is considered a division of little league just like minor to major in the lower divisions. It will be interesting to see the results from Williamsport.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1022536" timestamp="1309963339"]
I'm just wondering how it's different from a kid that let's say is 10 years old and in the league 9's and 10's play together. The kid decides to play in the 11/12 year old division, but when all-stars comes around, he is picked on the 10 year old all-star team. Senior league is considered a division of little league just like minor to major in the lower divisions. It will be interesting to see the results from Williamsport.
[/quote]i think you are talking about the junior division (13-14) not seniors (15-16). the break between 12 and 13 isn't the same as 9-12. a 13 yr old CAN'T play down with the 12's in other words. i don't have a current green book to look this up, but i hope it works out for the kid. there are definitely some odd rules in the book. it's very wordy, but they are trying their best to be as fair as possible.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1022550" timestamp="1309967187"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=85190.msg1022536#msg1022536 date=1309963339]
[/quote]i think you are talking about the junior division (13-14) not seniors (15-16). the break between 12 and 13 isn't the same as 9-12. a 13 yr old CAN'T play down with the 12's in other words. i don't have a current green book to look this up, but i hope it works out for the kid. there are definitely some odd rules in the book. it's very wordy, but they are trying their best to be as fair as possible.
[/quote]
I understand that, but the kid is a legit 12 year old. He's not playing down. He played up during the regular season. I don't know the rule on it. It's an interesting issue.

[quote name="JWB" post="1022560" timestamp="1309971214"]
If he played up,why didn't he make the Jr. division Allstar Team? ???
[/quote]
I know our local rule at Port Neches is that you can only play all-stars with your age division. So none of our teams 9-12 years old can pull up a kid. If your a stud 11 year old, you have to play 11 year old all-stars. I disagree with the concept, but that's the Port Neches rule.

Also, the DA your talking about told our President at the beginning of the year that it was ok for him to play up and there would be no issues in all-stars. Now, take this for what it's worth, but now PN and BC play each other for the right to play Groves and the issue is brought up? Also by suspending the game, BC's top pitcher will be eligible to pitch as the game has been delayed a day or two. I'm getting that from our side. Don't know about the other side of it. ::)

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1022577" timestamp="1309974252"]
Just got word that Ned will be playing BC tomorrow night in BC.

PN must have been ruled disqualified.
[/quote]no way?? really...that sucks. this should have been caught at the affidavit meeting. that is why you have it...to make sure everything is on the up and up. unless port neches falsified something on the affidavit, this stinks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder