DISTRICT 32 LITTLE LEAGUE TOURNAMENT (12 year old) - CHAMPION, BRIDGE CITY

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1022581" timestamp="1309974653"]
If the young man wasn't on the league roster it would hard to justify him playing on all-stars for the 11-12 year olds.
[/quote]

I think the problem is that he wasn't on the 11-12 tear old roster, but he was on the 13/14 year old roster that is also part of LL. He is a true 12 year old, but played in a higher division. Our league President got the ok from the DA of D32 and there were no issues. They are all from BC and hopefully there wasn't any hidden agenda. It's a learning experience and hopefully in the future if there is an issue, it's taken up with Williamsport instead of the local guys which have shown not to make a good judgement call. Now those 12's from PN get hosed. Bad deal.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1022586" timestamp="1309975830"]
didn't b.c. already beat p.n. earlier in the tournament by ten runs? kinda cruddy to bring the issue up now. why not go out and beat them again and everyone is happy? sounds like someone was skeered. i hope nederville puts it on 'em!!
[/quote]
Your exactly right, but now the pitching is set up for them in Nederland game. Just my thoughts. There was also an issue at the Senior League level with the BC team, so I don't know if this was pay back. There is diffently going to be tension between BC and the PNG community for a while ;D

[quote name="1696dogs" post="1022593" timestamp="1309979925"]
I have a feeling there will be lots of black and gold AND purple and white in BC tomorrow. Good luck dogs!!!!
[/quote]
None of my boys are 12, but we do play in the league and live here. Please beat BC!!! We're rooting for ya'll!!!!! ;) ;D

Scalp'em to answer part of one of your questions Williamsport recognizes ages from 9-12 as MAJOR league. In the green book (which I have for you LOL) I quote "Regulation I The League (a) 1.The Little League (Majors) Division is to accomodate participants league ages 9-12.
  Also under regulation IV (a) It states If a player is selected to and/or participates in one or more regular season games on a juniour league team, he/she will be ineligible to participate in the major division from that point forward in regular season and/or tournament play. During International tournaments, a player deemed ineligible under this regulation is subject to removal and his/her team is subject to forfeiture by action of the tournament commitee

[quote name="MoFo" post="1022602" timestamp="1309981847"]
Scalp'em to answer part of one of your questions Williamsport recognizes ages from 9-12 as MAJOR league. In the green book (which I have for you LOL) I quote "Regulation I The League (a) 1.The Little League (Majors) Division is to accomodate participants league ages 9-12.
  Also under regulation IV (a) It states If a player is selected to and/or participates in one or more regular season games on a juniour league team, he/she will be ineligible to participate in the major division from that point forward in regular season and/or tournament play. During International tournaments, a player deemed ineligible under this regulation is subject to removal and his/her team is subject to forfeiture by action of the tournament commitee
[/quote]

Figured that was the case, BUT this was brought up by our league President at certification and was ok'ed by the District Administrator. Of course, I'm going by what she said. I think PNLL stance is if it was ok'ed at certification and no other league had an issue with it, why is it now an issue. Probably because they didn't think Port Neches would've still been in it right now or nobody knew the rules. Who knows.

That's why our senior league should have thier own seperate board and President IMO. What a mess. Too bad that kid and parents weren't told that at registration time.

[quote name="MoFo" post="1022603" timestamp="1309981946"]
just for reference this is on page 33 of the 2011 green book

[/quote]i thought i remembered this was true...but....this should have came up at the affidavit meeting when everything was checked. there is a place where you list how many games were played, against who, AND in what division. the people checking p.n.'s affidavit should have noticed this. also, from what they are saying, they were told at the beginning of the year it would be fine. personally, i would have looked it up myself...i'm not the trusting type. ;D i'm assuming he is the kid that has been popping a few out during the tournament.

Guest Porkchop
I normally dont post but just read. I could not resist on this one. I understand the rule but from what it sounds like is it was ok at first (approved by Dist 32 reps) but now that its a crucial game (winner to championship) and BC is in the hunt lets complain? Maybe im seeing it wrong. One thing that sticks out to me is BCLL pulls kids from Orangfield, Orange, BC, and LCM. GNLL pulls from Groves only, PN from PN only and Nederland the same. BC has at least twice the amount of kids to select from and they are concerned about 1 boy from PN that truly is a 12 yr old? I just dont get it. It kinda sounds like 2nd place must be that important to BC cause none of the teams in dist 32 can get past little ol Groves National! Not taking nothing away from BC cause they allways put a solid team on the field but anyone could if they were drawing from 4 different citys! You know if it smells like a rat, and looks like a rat by god its a rat. I kinda sounds like the DA approved from the beginning but now that its his precious team complaining hes gonna go to the other side of the fence. So much for little league being for the boys on this one. It sounds like its whats best for BC.. The funny thing is they have not even made it to the championship yet, either way they will be playing for 2nd place! Go GNLL!!!!!

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1022584" timestamp="1309975177"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=85190.msg1022581#msg1022581 date=1309974653]
If the young man wasn't on the league roster it would hard to justify him playing on all-stars for the 11-12 year olds.
[/quote]

I think the problem is that he wasn't on the 11-12 tear old roster, but he was on the 13/14 year old roster that is also part of LL. He is a true 12 year old, but played in a higher division. Our league President got the ok from the DA of D32 and there were no issues. They are all from BC and hopefully there wasn't any hidden agenda. It's a learning experience and hopefully in the future if there is an issue, it's taken up with Williamsport instead of the local guys which have shown not to make a good judgement call. Now those 12's from PN get hosed. Bad deal.
[/quote]

MOFO thanks for the info on the rules i just wish everyone would take time to find the rules out before running there mouth. The main thing is i feel for the kids on that PNG team because its not there fault but to bash BC for what ?? Good luck dogs and yes everyone is welcome to come to the game so hope too see you there purple, pink, black, gold any colors ...GO BC .. :o :o

[quote name="Porkchop" post="1022648" timestamp="1309988790"]
I normally dont post but just read. I could not resist on this one. I understand the rule but from what it sounds like is it was ok at first (approved by Dist 32 reps) but now that its a crucial game (winner to championship) and BC is in the hunt lets complain? Maybe im seeing it wrong. One thing that sticks out to me is BCLL pulls kids from Orangfield, Orange, BC, and LCM. GNLL pulls from Groves only, PN from PN only and Nederland the same. BC has at least twice the amount of kids to select from and they are concerned about 1 boy from PN that truly is a 12 yr old? I just dont get it. It kinda sounds like 2nd place must be that important to BC cause none of the teams in dist 32 can get past little ol Groves National! Not taking nothing away from BC cause they allways put a solid team on the field but anyone could if they were drawing from 4 different citys! You know if it smells like a rat, and looks like a rat by god its a rat. I kinda sounds like the DA approved from the beginning but now that its his precious team complaining hes gonna go to the other side of the fence. So much for little league being for the boys on this one. It sounds like its whats best for BC.. The funny thing is they have not even made it to the championship yet, either way they will be playing for 2nd place! Go GNLL!!!!!
[/quote]

I normally dont post twice but porkchop take that bone out your mouth because the bottom line is a rule is a rule no matter who it is.. Complain for what ?? It just sounds to me someone should have the same rule book Mr. MOFO has because anyone could understand that rule....

BC 12'S ROSTER.....12 players are from B.C., and 1 is from O'field.......and at the end of the day......Rules were broken,and mistakes were made by adults,I really feel bad for the kids on the teams that were beat by PN...,and the PN players that have to suffer for those mistakes...and what about the roster spot that would've been open for another deserving PN 12yr old that actually played in the 11-12 Major div???I would be pretty upset if I had a kid playin in PN.......

I see that Little League Intl.'s never ending quest to drive more people to select baseball continues.  I understand and respect their rules, but some are so arbitrary and arcane that you can't even tell when some of them have been violated.

At this point, the only reason to play Little League and all-stars is for some misplaced sense of community pride.  If the goal is to expose young players to the best possible baseball, then select is the way to go. 

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="1022658" timestamp="1309991262"]
I see that Little League Intl.'s never ending quest to drive more people to select baseball continues.  I understand and respect their rules, but some are so arbitrary and arcane that you can't even tell when some of them have been violated.

At this point, the only reason to play Little League and all-stars is for some misplaced sense of community pride.  If the goal is to expose young players to the best possible baseball, then select is the way to go. 
[/quote]

In my opinion, "community pride" is a good thing.

[quote name="Porkchop" post="1022648" timestamp="1309988790"]
One thing that sticks out to me is BCLL pulls kids from Orangfield, Orange, BC, and LCM. GNLL pulls from Groves only, PN from PN only and Nederland the same. BC has at least twice the amount of kids to select from and they are concerned about 1 boy from PN
[/quote]
BCLL may be able (by rule) to pull kids from LCM, Orange, and Orangefield but they don't get them though.  I would say that they may get just 70% of the kids from Orangefield.  The others play in the PONY league in Orange.  I don't know the actual numbers but I bet less than 5% come from LCM and Orange.

One point that I think is being overlooked is that what would happen at the next tournament if PNLL went on to win this one?  Some where down the line I'm sure it would have been caught.

Guest Porkchop
I was not saying PN was right! Just that by what you read it sounds like the Dist 32 DA new about this and Oked it. Heck the boy was certified! The player in question is known by everyone of the BC All Star coaches and playes for an Orange County Select Team. Also by reading other post you see that BC played PN once and beat them pretty easy (10 run rule)with out protesting. But now BC's ace pitcher is burnt after the Groves game and all of a sudden lets protest the PN Team. Rules are rules and PN messed up no doubt. I just question the motive behind the protest! Either way PN is out and that is the correct call per the rules, BC is set up for the Nederland game with their Ace. Then if they make it past Nederland its on to Groves....good luck to all the boys.. I think GNLL will take it in the end.

[quote name="Porkchop" post="1022669" timestamp="1309994666"]
I was not saying PN was right! Just that by what you read it sounds like the Dist 32 DA new about this and Oked it. Heck the boy was certified! The player in question is known by everyone of the BC All Star coaches and playes for an Orange County Select Team. Also by reading other post you see that BC played PN once and beat them pretty easy (10 run rule)with out protesting. But now BC's ace pitcher is burnt after the Groves game and all of a sudden lets protest the PN Team. Rules are rules and PN messed up no doubt. I just question the motive behind the protest! Either way PN is out and that is the correct call per the rules, BC is set up for the Nederland game with their Ace. Then if they make it past Nederland its on to Groves....good luck to all the boys.. I think GNLL will take it in the end.
[/quote]
Well porkchop I guess you have never seen BC play. They have more than one ace pitcher actually they probably have the best depth on ace pitchers. Come out tomorrow and watch the game there burgers in BC are the best..

All you people that are bashing BCLL should ask PNLL President why when she was told it was a mistake and not to show back up with him she continued to ignore it. BTW it was caught at the first game where BCLL was whipping them and there was no big deal made of it.  Know the story before you speak. It was a mistake made by all but they were notified early in the tournament and chose to ignore it. Because of the Presidents stupidity now the whole team of 12 y/o boys are disqualified. I think I would be finding me a new President!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="Cards92" post="1022691" timestamp="1309999040"]
All you people that are bashing BCLL should ask PNLL President why when she was told it was a mistake and not to show back up with him she continued to ignore it. BTW it was caught at the first game where BCLL was whipping them and there was no big deal made of it.  Know the story before you speak. It was a mistake made by all but they were notified early in the tournament and chose to ignore it. Because of the Presidents stupidity now the whole team of 12 y/o boys are disqualified. I think I would be finding me a new President!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Wow! You just made everyones point that y'all knew the first game. Protest and disqualify them. If the President don't and asked the Ad, at that time or at certification, they should've said what the rule was and move on. BC just held on to that Ace until they needed to use it. BTW, nobody in the district spoke up and it was a rule until a day before the second BC game.

I guess you didnt understand the post. The made a mistake at certification and informed the coach and the President that the player was illegal. It was actually brought to their attention by fans from another team!!!! The president and coach decided to ignore it and actually said well see what happens if we move on. You apparently have no clue about the situation!!! The president and coach were made aware before they played Ned. and decided to continue cheating!!!  BC did nothing wrong and PNLL knew there would be a protest if the kid showed back up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder