DCTF predictions for Dist. 20-4A

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I've never heard of a school in Texas named 'Ozan'.  ;D ;D

Second of all,  The first place sounds pretty accurate.  Livingston had a bunch of young guns on offense.  If their defense can play even halfway decent, Livingston may very well win district.  PN-G will not get second place.  There will be a huge droppoff of talent on the offensive sideof the ball with Doty and the Big O-Linemen gone.  Central will be higher.  People fail to forget that they are the defending district champs.  They lost some to graduation, but have a slough of young guns ready to handle their business.  Nederland showed me a young and hungry team last year especially on the defensive side of the ball.  Ozen will be good, but can Tre Green carry them by himself?  PN-G will only be working off of just the pure scheme from Coach Faircloth this year, so you know they will be well coached.  This is how I predict it to finish...

1. Livinston
2. Central
3. Nederland
4. PN-G
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LC-M
8. Lumberton

I'm gonna say...

1. Livingston
2. Central
3. Nederland
4. Ozen
5. PNG
6. Vidor
7. LCM
8. Lumberton

I think my 1-3 is pretty likely, but that last playoff spot is up for grabs.  When I think teams are even, I look at which team has the most explosive player.  That's why I have Ozen sneaking in the playoffs at #4.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1019468" timestamp="1308499824"]

[/quote]

My bad man, I just copied and pasted it from a previous post, I didn't really notice the Ozen misspelling. :-[ :-[

[quote name="incognito" post="1019482" timestamp="1308506920"]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=85065.msg1019468#msg1019468 date=1308499824]

[/quote]

My bad man, I just copied and pasted it from a previous post, I didn't really notice the Ozen misspelling. :-[ :-[
[/quote]You're good.  i just just poking fun with you.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1019488" timestamp="1308509676"]
We would beat your celler dwellers (Channelview and Baytown Sterling) with ease and make the playoffs.  North Shore would beat us.  We'd beat Memorial down like a drum and it would be tough to take West Brook down.  We would edge one out against LaPorte.
[/quote]you must be smoking a drug that aint out yet.  :D #1. Central wouldnt come within 21 of NS or Memorial, and thats being nice by not running it up. #2. La Porte has a better D than Central, therefore they would beat yall. #3. only teams yall would beat, well should i say SHOULD beat would be Weak Sauce, Sterling and C'View.

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1019468" timestamp="1308499824"]

Second of all,  The first place sounds pretty accurate.  Livingston had a bunch of young guns on offense.  If their defense can play even halfway decent, Livingston may very well win district.  PN-G will not get second place.  There will be a huge droppoff of talent on the offensive sideof the ball with Doty and the Big O-Linemen gone.  Central will be higher.  People fail to forget that they are the defending district champs.  They lost some to graduation, but have a slough of young guns ready to handle their business.  Nederland showed me a young and hungry team last year especially on the defensive side of the ball.  Ozen will be good, but can Tre Green carry them by himself?  PN-G will only be working off of just the pure scheme from Coach Faircloth this year, so you know they will be well coached.  This is how I predict it to finish...

1. Livinston
2. Central
3. Nederland
4. PN-G
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LC-M
8. Lumberton
[/quote]

First of all, I never heard of a school in Texas named 'Livinston'. 
JK  but sometimes what goes around comes around.

Ok so PNG lost 4 on the o line and Doty. We do have Bertrand, Nelson and Nicotre coming back on the O line. We have several very large O linemen for this coming season. Reasons, 6'3" 260lbs, Stasinos, 6'5" about 250lbs, Mangini a Sophomore, 6'1" 250 lbs and a few others in the same size category. We have another great receiver in the making like Nelson. I don't know the name but he is taller and fast and has great hands. Miller at QB brings a good arm but has the ability to tuck and run. Very fast and great moves. We also have some other backs that can be thrown in that are super fast and quick. I feel our O will be as potent as last years. Yes the question mark is the O line, but the coaches worked hard with them in Spring ball and they did a good job. That was with 2 players that start not on the field due to injuries.

Our D will be very solid. Several returners in the Secondary. Very fast and hard hitting linebacks. The D line lost a good size player with a knee injury in Spring ball, Hope he heals quickly. D line has Davis, Thompson (young brother of Taylor), Grantham, Riley and a big Freshman who rotated in at D end.
I look for PNG to be right in the mix of it all again this coming season. We also have a great kicker coming for next season.

No doubt Livingston with all they have returning should be a top pick and Central with Mitchell in year two will be tough, but the rest of the mix is going to be a toss up. Any time you break in a new QB it is hard to gauge how well you will play. I have great faith in Miller and even though on paper it appears that Nicotre is the only returning starter on the OLine, Stasinos got quite a bit of PT last year and did very good. Even Reasons got a little PT as a Soph. So I wouldn't be suprised to see PNG win the district, but I also wouldn't be suprised to see them duking it out week 10 for a playoff spot.

[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="1019538" timestamp="1308521513"]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=85065.msg1019468#msg1019468 date=1308499824]

1. Livinston
2. Central
3. Nederland
4. PN-G
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LC-M
8. Lumberton
[/quote]

[/quote] :D :D :D :D

1. PN-G Indians ;D
2. Central Jaguars
3. Livingston Lions
4. Nederland Bulldogs
5. Ozen Panthers
6. LC-M Bears
7. Vidor Pirates
8. Lumberton Raiders

The last five are all subject to change. The first three are going to be the first three, but that could come in a different order.

I think PN-G is going to surprise some people this year, just like winning the last five district games surprised people last year and an undefeated regular season surprised people the year before that. Our defense is going to be greatly improved from last year, and I don't think our offense is going to miss a step. Given a little time to work out the kinks in the preseason, Coach Faircloth and his staff are going to have a stout team in district play.

Central, as always, will be very good. With that said, I think they're going to take a few surprise losses (that's the nature of the sport, but it seems to be the staple of Central football; case in point, Livingston and PN-G in '09 and Memorial and PN-G in '10) that will mess up their chances for the district title.

Livingston's offense is going to be red hot. The problem is Livingston's defense. What they had on defense last year just didn't make the cut, and it wasn't that great in 2009 either. If I remember correctly, most of their defensive players last year were seniors (might have to doublecheck that), and that will only hurt the defense more.

Nederland will be solid as always and expect some surprises from Ozen.

Hopefully, it will be an injury-free season and I'll be checking in to read about some outstanding SETX football this year. Scalp 'em.

Per ''DCTF'': [b]Central Jaguars[/b]

Coach:Andrew Washington
Lettermen R/L: 8/16, starters returning O/D:4/4. 2010: 8-4 DI area finalist 6-1 district.
  Top juniors: QB Robert Mitchell(6'.1" 180, 4.5), DE Ryan Davis(6'.3" 240, 4.80), Top Soph:
S Garrison Mitchell(6'1" 176, 4.6)
  Other prospects: DE Kyle Homes, OT Kendrick Booker, ATH Trent Samuels

2011 notes:Central loses a powerful crop of starters, particularly on offense, and heads into
the 2011 season with a number of question marks.QB Robert Mitchell (95-186-1,443, 13 TDs;
132-615,5 TDs rushing) is the unquestionable play maker in the spread offense, but he lacks
skill players around him; S Mitchell, who blossomed in 2010 postseason, will vie for time out
wide to give him a hand. DE Davis (84 tackles, 6 sacks) will spearhead the 3-4 defense, but he
also needs a little help for this team to be successful.
  Central hasn't missed the post season since 2007, but Washington's crop might be too young
to make a run for district crown in 2011.

[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="1019538" timestamp="1308521513"]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=85065.msg1019468#msg date=1308499824]

1. Livinston
2. Central
3. Nederland
4. PN-G
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LC-M
8. Lumberton
[/quote]

[/quote]A simple missed typed letter.  That normally happens when you type fast.  Thanks for the great observations!

They may have Central ranked 4th based on them not having spring practice......
PN-G does return a 1000 yard+ rusher but I saw what they had behind the starters when they scrimmaged PA and it was like night and day as far as footspeed and quickness.....

I dunno, I tend to give the edge to the teams with returning QB's so I'll go with Livingston, Central the PN-G because of the running game.....

Central, Livingston, Nederland, and PNG in no order. Ozen has too prove me wrong since every year they choke, LCM without all everything Hunter Gonzales, Vidor who knows, and Lumberton on the decline again. I haven't looked at all of the teams yet, so my opinion may change later. ;D

Vidor at times looked like they were turning the corner didn't they? I thought against Kirbyville they did a lot of things well, they just made too many mistakes... They have a scrappy group of backs, and while I don't know if they can contend for a playoff spot, you have to at least think they are a mystery heading into the season.... Right?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder