Houston Astros move to American League??

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6651634

[quote]Two highly ranked executives believe the Houston Astros would be a possibility, because a switch to the AL for Houston would foster a rivalry between the Astros and the Texas Rangers.[/quote]

[quote name="Javelina" post="1017882" timestamp="1307822554"]
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6651634

[quote]Two highly ranked executives believe the Houston Astros would be a possibility, because a switch to the AL for Houston would foster a rivalry between the Astros and the Texas Rangers.[/quote]
[/quote]

How about a move to a Triple-A League.

Still the Astros have been to the WS in the last 20 years. There are a lot of teams that can't say that. It seems to me the last team in ought to change leagues if anyone does. I like it the way it is with a division champ. Gives the fans something to hang their hat on, even if a poor team does make the playoffs ever now and then. You do know what this is really about don't you? It is about the Yankees or Red Sox still getting in, when Tampa has a good year.

your kidding me right ? its about if the rays have a good year the yankees and the sox get in? give me a break!!yanks and sox will be there trust me !!unlike houston they know how to run a franchise. as for boston look at all major sports teams . they all make it to the big dance now.

[quote name="silly365" post="1019675" timestamp="1308582762"]
your kidding me right ? its about if the rays have a good year the yankees and the sox get in? give me a break!!yanks and sox will be there trust me !!unlike houston they know how to run a franchise. as for boston look at all major sports teams . they all make it to the big dance now.
[/quote]

If Tampa has a good year, either NY or Boston will not make the playoffs, that is a fact.  ::)
In fact last year The Red Sox missed the playoffs because TB had a good year. The timing is interesting don't you think?

I don't think you should design a league around the two most popular teams. There should be fair and level competition to determine your Champion. That is also why baseball needs a hard salary cap as well as a hard min. A little competition across the whole league would be good for baseball, and by looking at how many empty seats there are every night at ALL ballparks, I would say baseball needs something right now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder