Hunter pence to be traded?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beechnut
Why not? He is twenty eight and prolly will sign elsewhere anyway............ I say clean house and get some prospects bc we are out of it anyway.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="king" post="1016617" timestamp="1307318641"]
Could we trade Carlos lee for a orange cone?
[/quote]

king - that's good stuff.  lmao! ;D

I hope they do trade Pence.. I love him being on the Astros, but if you really love the Stros then you realize it's the best thing for them. He's not a 30+ homer guy each year, not a 110+ RBI man each year... You're losing a typical 5 hole hitter on most teams... Trade him and get 2-3 great prospects in return. Maybe to Philly for Dominick Brown and another 2.

As for Carlos, no one wants his salary for 20 HR's a year... And he'd probably ask for a second cone lol

11th pick and the Astros take an outfielder. Pence is an average player at best. He looks like a standout cause he plays for the Astros. 11th pick and they go with an outfielder. Really, really?  How about some much needed pitching. Outfielder? Really!  Put the cones outside minute maid and let Collin Delome have his chance.

[quote name="Dude" post="1016910" timestamp="1307412664"]
11th pick and the Astros take an outfielder. Pence is an average player at best. He looks like a standout cause he plays for the Astros. 11th pick and they go with an outfielder. Really, really?  How about some much needed pitching. Outfielder? Really!  Put the cones outside minute maid and let Collin Delome have his chance.
[/quote]

Exactly what I said somewhere else. Pence is an [b]Average[/b] middle of the line up guy. Except in Houston.

Jungmann should not have been passed up on... Don't worry your little heart though, they have 20 years to regret it.

I'm sure the Astros would have drafted Jungman if they weren't so deep on pitching already. I mean really who needs a 21 year old pitcher who already throws in the mid 90's with an established curve ball and change. They should have re-signed Berkman when he finished his rent with the Yankees and anyone of the many closers they let get away. Wade is a clown and it is time for him to go.

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="1016968" timestamp="1307459028"]
I'm sure the Astros would have drafted Jungman if they weren't so deep on pitching already. I mean really who needs a 21 year old pitcher who already throws in the mid 90's with an established curve ball and change. They should have re-signed Berkman when he finished his rent with the Yankees and anyone of the many closers they let get away. Wade is a clown and it is time for him to go.
[/quote]

He has built a farm system to a point though, which was non existent before he came in.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1017188" timestamp="1307535124"]
Built our farm system? We have the 5th worse farm system in the majors. ???
[/quote]

Where'd you get that from? And did you see our farm system BEFORE he got here? We actually have some players now.

Go on the Astros website and look at the 2005 and below and see how many names you know. Then, go look at the Astros top 10 prospects and when they were drafted.. All were taken by Wade. One, Lyles, was a top 20 prospect in the league.

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="1017250" timestamp="1307561771"]
Let me concede that the farm system is better for discussion. Did the Berkman deal or the failure to re-sign one of the many closers enhnace the farm system or could we have had these players while still re-building the farm?
[/quote]

That's hard for us to tell being we don't know the money... But it HAS gotten better under Wade. As fans, lets hope it continues.

AJ 25, I realize that Pence is not a 30 HR or 100 RBI man, but he is a solid player who gives his all on every play and at bat. On a routine ground out, he is running full speed to first base, forcing the infielder to scoop and throw. I wonder how many times Berkman could have been safe at first had he hustled down the line.

If we trade Pence, why do we think we can get two players in return if Pence is not that good. Plus, a trade for prospects is always a crap shoot. Diamonds in the rough are too few and far between. The only way to bring in great players, if not up through the farm system, is to pay them dearly (the Yankees come to mind, and look what Clemens did for the Stros).

Carlos Lee attracts the hispanic crowd, of which Houston has a sizeable one.

[quote name="baddog" post="1017469" timestamp="1307655706"]
AJ 25, I realize that Pence is not a 30 HR or 100 RBI man, but he is a solid player who gives his all on every play and at bat. On a routine ground out, he is running full speed to first base, forcing the infielder to scoop and throw. I wonder how many times Berkman could have been safe at first had he hustled down the line.

If we trade Pence, why do we think we can get two players in return if Pence is not that good. Plus, a trade for prospects is always a crap shoot. Diamonds in the rough are too few and far between. The only way to bring in great players, if not up through the farm system, is to pay them dearly (the Yankees come to mind, and look what Clemens did for the Stros).

[b]Carlos Lee attracts the hispanic crowd, of which Houston has a sizeable one.[/b]
[/quote]

I agree just like the Rockets keeping Yao for the Chinese crowd overseas.

[quote name="baddog" post="1017469" timestamp="1307655706"]

Carlos Lee attracts the hispanic crowd, of which Houston has a sizeable one.
[/quote]

Let's put it this way, how are we doing with Hunter Pence? We can't do much worse without him. And I would think that the front office of both teams has done enough research to know that the 2 players they get in return will be able to play some good ball.

I personally think they just need to continue going young and build for the future. Pence is the best player on the team that would draw the best prospects.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12