Dallas baptist hitting stats-The Head Coach Lamar needs to bring in

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25
http://dbupatriots.com/custompages/2010-2011/Baseball/teamcume.htm

This is who I think Lamar should bring in as the new head Baseball coach, he's one of the best recruiters in the nation and is known for hitting!!!!

http://dbupatriots.com/coaches.aspx?rc=59&path=baseball

Guest baseball25
no doubt, but Lamar or Corpus its not even a comparison with the history lamar has and the success the use to have, Lamar should be getting the players they used to get and the program shouldn't be taking steps back, I wish people would stop making excuss and just realize the Lamar baseball program isn't what is use to be 5 yrs ago!!

[quote name="Javelina" post="1015598" timestamp="1306896219"]
I cant remember what year it was but I do remember when Lamar Took Texas to a final game and was one win away from the Super Regionals, would lover for em to get back to that level!!!
[/quote]
Should have won that game.  Bill Bates (UT 2b) still hasn't touched home plate.

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="1015662" timestamp="1306939360"]
[quote author=Javelina link=topic=84669.msg1015598#msg1015598 date=1306896219]
I cant remember what year it was but I do remember when Lamar Took Texas to a final game and was one win away from the Super Regionals, would lover for em to get back to that level!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]He still hasn't touched home but that last long before there was such a thing as a Super Regional (1984, I think).  Only umplire Tony Patch thinks he did.  For that matter, David Poss DID NOT balk.  Lamar almost made a Super Regional in 2003.  In Sunday games, Trey Rinando who had barely pitched all year (injuries) shut down Texas in game one.  Cards were cruising along in game two when a throwing error on touch third, throw to first dp attempt opened the gates.

[quote name="becktobigs" post="1015670" timestamp="1306940507"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=84669.msg1015662#msg1015662 date=1306939360]
[quote author=Javelina link=topic=84669.msg1015598#msg1015598 date=1306896219]
[/quote]
[/quote]He still hasn't touched home but that last long before there was such a thing as a Super Regional (1984, I think).  Only umplire Tony Patch thinks he did.  For that matter, David Poss DID NOT balk.  Lamar almost made a Super Regional in 2003.   In Sunday games, Trey Rinando who had barely pitched all year (injuries) shut down Texas in game one.  Cards were cruising along in game two when a throwing error on touch third, throw to first dp attempt opened the gates.
[/quote]

I remember watching that game on ESPN with a lot of friends.  We were robbed!!

I was in the 4th grade then and remember watching that game. Wasn't there a second year LU lost to Texas again on another bad call? I just remember like two years where the umps blew against the Cards. Back then you win the regional and off to Omaha you go. I like those days with 8 teams in one regional. I don't like today's format at all.

. . . "lost another game by bad call to Texas" . . . I remember in the '90s when Kevin Millar and Bruce Aven went to Austin and lost.  It was over spring break and my parents drove us up to the game.  Anyway, late in the game, either all tied up or down by one (cannot remember) but Millar was the runner at third and a teammate (not sure who) hit a deep fly to left field.  The leftfielder caught the ball and Millar tagged up for the tying/go-ahead run and scored.  Well, UT (Cliff Gus) appealed the call at third saying that Millar failed to tag.  The ump agreed and rang Millar up.  It wasn't even close, Millar easily tagged up.  The Cards got hosed again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder