Brenham vs Willis- Game 1 Updates... Brenham leads series 1-0!

Just wanted to ask if people could put our 3rd baseman, Jeremy Zettel, in their prayers.  Last night him and our catcher, Corey Bentke, had a nasty collision.  A foul ball was popped up near the Willis dugout, and both young men took off after it.  Both youngmen called it, but neither backed off.  Zettel dove head first and caught the ball for a second, before dropping it, as he sled into our catchers knee pads.  Bentke stayed down for a minute or two and then stayed in the game.  Zettel unfortunatly, wasn't so lucky.  He laid face down for about 5 mins and then slowly got up with the help of the Brenham and Willis coaches.  You could see that he was visibly shaken up as he was being guided to the dugout with a towel on his face.  I'm pretty sure he has concussion and a broken nose (not sure how serious, but it didn't look or sound good), so I was just seeing if I could get a few people to include him their prayers.  It was a scary couple of minutes, and hopefully the injury isn't too serious.  Also I went to commend the few Willis fans that showed up last night.  They were very respectful while our player was down.  Thank you.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1012808" timestamp="1305900377"]
Just wanted to ask if people could put our 3rd baseman, Jeremy Zettel, in their prayers.  Last night him and our catcher, Corey Bentke, had a nasty collision.  A foul ball was popped up near the Willis dugout, and both young men took off after it.  Both youngmen called it, but neither backed off.  Zettel dove head first and caught the ball for a second, before dropping it, as he sled into our catchers knee pads.  Bentke stayed down for a minute or two and then stayed in the game.  Zettel unfortunatly, wasn't so lucky.  He laid face down for about 5 mins and then slowly got up with the help of the Brenham and Willis coaches.  You could see that he was visibly shaken up as he was being guided to the dugout with a towel on his face.  I'm pretty sure he has concussion and a broken nose (not sure how serious, but it didn't look or sound good), so I was just seeing if I could get a few people to include him their prayers.  It was a scary couple of minutes, and hopefully the injury isn't too serious.  Also I went to commend the few Willis fans that showed up last night.  They were very respectful while our player was down.  Thank you.
[/quote]You got it Buddy! Good Luck

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1012811" timestamp="1305901528"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=84417.msg1012808#msg1012808 date=1305900377]
[/quote]You got it Buddy! Good Luck
[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1012827" timestamp="1305905001"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=84417.msg1012825#msg1012825 date=1305904710]
Prayers from Eagle07.
Congrats on the win !
[/quote]

Thanks.  You gonna make tonights game?
[/quote]

Not sure yet...I would like to.

[quote name="BrenhamCubs" post="1012861" timestamp="1305914091"]
Jeremy has a broken nose only. He went to the doctor today they couldn't do nothing because the swelling was so bad. From my understanding he is cleared to play tonight. So its good news all around.
[/quote]

Good, cuz that was a nasty collision.  A broken nose is bad, but it could have been alot worse.  I don't know if Long will play him this soon, but hope he gets to play again this year.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1012668" timestamp="1305855287"]
Bolcerek bunts and beats the throw, Walla doubles, Baker 2 run double, Nutt sac bunt, Bentke walks, delayed double steal (run scores on throwing error) Jacobs walks, another successful delayed double steal (run scores), Kubeczka lines out (runner doubled off).

Mid 6
7-1 Cubs
[/quote]

Wow, Bolcerek bunts twice in one game. Glad the Brenham coach thinks everyone should bunt. We have had lots of banter here about bunting situation with your best hitter up. " No you never take the stick out of your best hitters hands!!" Wrong - move the runner up or lay down the bunt if they are playing deep! Love it Brenham, keep playing smart ball.

[quote name="BrenhamCubs" post="1012861" timestamp="1305914091"]
Jeremy has a broken nose only. He went to the doctor today they couldn't do nothing because the swelling was so bad. From my understanding he is cleared to play tonight. So its good news all around.
[/quote]

Glad to hear that...
Good luck !

Cubs proved last night that the line up is stout throughout. Baker has been an unsung hero throughout and he displayed last night. Baker squared the ball nicely last bight and some scouting guys took notice. The college recruiters will be touting Baker shortly.
  Roberts lead off hit resulted in first run before 2nd hole batter completed his ab which set an immediate tone on the game. The infield was playing very deep, that resulted in the bunt attack in which Long picked up on.

[quote name="dirtball" post="1012916" timestamp="1305920290"]
  Cubs proved last night that the line up is stout throughout. Baker has been an unsung hero throughout and he displayed last night. Baker squared the ball nicely last bight and some scouting guys took notice. The college recruiters will be touting Baker shortly.
  Roberts lead off hit resulted in first run before 2nd hole batter completed his ab which set an immediate tone on the game. The infield was playing very deep, that resulted in the bunt attack in which Long picked up on.
[/quote]

Your absolutely right.  Baker had 1 HR & 4 RBI's last night.  He has really turned it on since the playoffs started.

They will continue to pitch around Roberts and Bolcerick, I think the line up from Baker down wins tonites game again. Expect this to be a blowout as per position, Brenham has much better talent, not even close. If Stegent does anything close to last weeks performance, not close. But it is high school ball and with wind blowing out ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder