Best private school player in past 10 years?

Guest twag11

Guest twag11
Forum is going slow so maybe this will pick things up.

Who do you think is the best player to GRADUATE from a local private school in the past 10 years?

Player that come to mind from Kelly: Edward Persia, Mason Moncla, Matt Pace, JB Brown, Taylor Mullenax, Torre Henry

Don't know much about Legacy but i think i remember a pretty good player named Ford not to long ago?

[quote name="twag11" post="1012414" timestamp="1305782394"]

Who do you think is the best player to GRADUATE from a local private school in the past 10 years?

Player that come to mind from Kelly: Edward Persia, Mason Moncla, Matt Pace, JB Brown, Taylor Mullenax, Torre Henry

Don't know much about Legacy but i think i remember a pretty good player named Ford not to long ago?
[/quote]

It would help if three of the best players Kelly ever had were on this list. Ryan Zummo and Jude Messina are two of the top 4 scorers in Kelly history. Keenan Simon should also be on this list. He was a phenomenal athlete who earned a scholarship to LSU for track.

The list of choices should look like this:
Edward Persia, Taylor Mullenax, Ryan Zummo, Jude Messina, Keenan Simon, Blake Lognion. These are the best players Kelly has had in the last 10 years.

Guest twag11
[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1012535" timestamp="1305828220"]
[quote author=twag11 link=topic=84404.msg1012414#msg1012414 date=1305782394]

[/quote]

It would help if three of the best players Kelly ever had were on this list. Ryan Zummo and Jude Messina are two of the top 4 scorers in Kelly history. Keenan Simon should also be on this list. He was a phenomenal athlete who earned a scholarship to LSU for track.

The list of choices should look like this:
Edward Persia, Taylor Mullenax, Ryan Zummo, Jude Messina, Keenan Simon, Blake Lognion. These are the best players Kelly has had in the last 10 years.

[/quote] sorry I said players that come to mind wasn't saying they were the best

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1012596" timestamp="1305838793"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=84404.msg1012475#msg1012475 date=1305815831]
Brown didn't graduate from Kelly he graduated from Memorial....technicality!  LOL!
[/quote]Johnathan Brown. J'Covan brother
[/quote]

Going to cut this answer some slack based on the fact that you probably aren't too familiar with the Kelly program. The Top four are: 1a. Taylor Mullenax 1b. Edward Persia 3. Ryan Zummo 4. Jude Messina

Guest twag11
[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1012609" timestamp="1305842349"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=84404.msg1012596#msg1012596 date=1305838793]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=84404.msg1012475#msg1012475 date=1305815831]
Brown didn't graduate from Kelly he graduated from Memorial....technicality!  LOL!
[/quote]

Going to cut this answer some slack based on the fact that you probably aren't too familiar with the Kelly program. The Top four are: 1a. Taylor Mullenax 1b. Edward Persia 3. Ryan Zummo 4. Jude Messina
[/quote]what year did Jude and Ryan graduate?

Guest speechless
Ed Persia is easily the best to come out of Kelly (not counting Brown as a Kelly graduate)....Mullenax is not even a close second

If you go buy just their high school careers Persia is #1, although Mullenax was a 4 year starter with 3 straight trips to the state championship game. However if you factor in their career beyond high school I think you have to give Mullenax the nod. Taylor had a good career at St. Edwards and really changed his game to being more of a 3 or a stretch 4. He's go on to a nice career playing professional basketball overseas.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1012609" timestamp="1305842349"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=84404.msg1012596#msg1012596 date=1305838793]
[/quote]

[/quote]nope, only went to kelly games when the Browns were there

Guest speechless
uhhhh....Persia STARTED at Princeton....how is playing at St. Edwards a better college career than starting at Princeton??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin