Jesse Riojas out at WO-S/Shea Landry named new coach.

Most kids that really want to play for a succesful program take it upon themselves to get better.The coach may know baseball and baseball strategy. There are only a handful of high school baseball coaches that even teach their players the fundamentals needed to be succesful.Most succesful players go to hitting instructors such as Sam,Fackler and Green. Coaches have it way easier now than back in the day! JMO

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Pitch Count" post="1013635" timestamp="1306187493"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=84400.msg1012887#msg1012887 date=1305917075]
[quote author=queenb77630 link=topic=84400.msg1012876#msg1012876 date=1305916006]
So you men/women think its okay for a coach/teacher to say such things in front of parents and young children?  [color=blue]I don't![/color]  If they feel the need to say such things to their players, then say it where no one but them can hear it!

I don't expect them (the coaches) to be all surgery sweet to the players; however, when they (the coaches) are in the presence of the parents (aka: supporters) and young children, WATCH YOUR MOUTH!

For whoever said my son deserved it: you are a real piece of work.  Just for the record my son did not play that game; he was sick.  I was still there though, supporting the kids.  Working the concession stand.  Buying the sodas.  Ordering the shirts to support the team.  As a matter of fact, it was the same day that I turned in the sponsorship money that I had collected for the baseball program.  [b][color=blue]Don't talk about what you don't know![/color][/b]I know Coach Rojas would get onto the players; however, I don't recall ever hearing him curse like that in public.  Practices yes, NOT in public for everyone to hear.

As far as Coach T; I loved him when he was my PE coach in high school and I would have been furious had he not been appointed as AD.  I think he will do a wonderful job.  He has the knowledge, expertise, and personality that just makes him such a wonderful man.  I'm sad to see Coach Hooks go; but couldn't ask for a better replacement.

[/quote]I dont think that kind of language should be used on the field ever but it happens and keeping your son off the team will only hurt one person and its not the coach.
[/quote]

Don't stand too close to the dugout . . . You may be surprised what kind of language your kid is hearing from his peers . . . don't think it starts in High School either . . . Pull your head from the sand and teach him to rise above, not run from what he hears around him.  If you've done [b]your[/b] job and set the proper example he should realize what is "right" and act accordingly.

I wasn't talking about MY HIGH SCHOOL KID!  I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER YOUNG KIDS THAT WERE PLAYING BY HE FENCE!
[/quote]

[quote name="td" post="1013528" timestamp="1306161258"]
[quote author=queenb77630 link=topic=84400.msg1012604#msg1012604 date=1305841296]
well I guess my son won't be playing next year because I think Landry is a smart butt.  Anyone who calls the kids "f(*&ing punks" and doesn't care that he says it in front of a parent deserves and gets no respect from me!
[/quote]

Well I can tell you he coaches the 11U team For Gulf Coast Baseball and I have never heard him speak like that with them or with the high school boys. You must have him confused. I can't say he didn't say that but those words are not the kind of words Coach Landry uses. He is very well respected by parents and players. He demands the kids respect of him and the game. I'm very excited for WOS baseball. If this is what you heard him say then your son shouldn't play. If someone told you this story I recommend you get your own opinion. I for one am very excited about having Coach Landry and realize that he has a marathon to run and not a sprint. It will be an uphill battle. False rumors will not help him get kids out to play. Congrats Coach we are very excited to have you.

Tony Dallas
[/quote]

Tony: you know me, I don't go by "hear say".  I heard it!  He may have been having a bad day that time.  He may have been having problems that is none of anyone's business; however, he needs to conduct himself in a proper manner in front of the young people.  He may be a good man; however, on this particular day and time, he showed something other then that to me.

lol I love when parents get on coaches for conducting themselves in the proper manner but yet you here 95% of them cussing and doing things that they hammer the coach about. What a joke. Oh and most of what they say they heard is bs

[quote name="queenb77630" post="1014402" timestamp="1306446200"]
[quote author=td link=topic=84400.msg1013528#msg1013528 date=1306161258]
[quote author=queenb77630 link=topic=84400.msg1012604#msg1012604 date=1305841296]
well I guess my son won't be playing next year because I think Landry is a smart butt.  Anyone who calls the kids "f(*&ing punks" and doesn't care that he says it in front of a parent deserves and gets no respect from me!
[/quote]

Well I can tell you he coaches the 11U team For Gulf Coast Baseball and I have never heard him speak like that with them or with the high school boys. You must have him confused. I can't say he didn't say that but those words are not the kind of words Coach Landry uses. He is very well respected by parents and players. He demands the kids respect of him and the game. I'm very excited for WOS baseball. If this is what you heard him say then your son shouldn't play. If someone told you this story I recommend you get your own opinion. I for one am very excited about having Coach Landry and realize that he has a marathon to run and not a sprint. It will be an uphill battle. False rumors will not help him get kids out to play. Congrats Coach we are very excited to have you.

Tony Dallas
[/quote]

Tony: you know me, I don't go by "hear say".  I heard it!  He may have been having a bad day that time.  He may have been having problems that is none of anyone's business; however, he needs to conduct himself in a proper manner in front of the young people.  He may be a good man; however, on this particular day and time, he showed something other then that to me.
[/quote]

I would hate to have my lifes work judged by one statement. You said you would not allow your son to play because he was a smart butt. You have condemned the man based on one statement. I stand by statement that he is not that kind of man or coach. I think your statement is very unfair. I can promise you I have made mistakes in my life that absolutely include getting caught up in the moment and saying some things I probably shouldn't have and I only coach youth sports. My guess is that most coaches would tell you the same thing. If he is the only coach you have ever heard use that language then you haven't been listening to high school sports. I stand by Coach Landry and what he stands for and the kind of coach and man that he is. He will be good for our kids and I would have my boys play for him any day. Again I think you getting on here and making the statement that you made is very unfair to him but that is just my opinion.

[quote name="td" post="1014518" timestamp="1306494108"]
[quote author=queenb77630 link=topic=84400.msg1014402#msg1014402 date=1306446200]
[quote author=td link=topic=84400.msg1013528#msg1013528 date=1306161258]
[/quote]

Tony Dallas
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would hate to have my lifes work judged by one statement. You said you would not allow your son to play because he was a smart butt. You have condemned the man based on one statement. I stand by statement that he is not that kind of man or coach. I think your statement is very unfair. I can promise you I have made mistakes in my life that absolutely include getting caught up in the moment and saying some things I probably shouldn't have and I only coach youth sports. My guess is that most coaches would tell you the same thing. If he is the only coach you have ever heard use that language then you haven't been listening to high school sports. I stand by Coach Landry and what he stands for and the kind of coach and man that he is. He will be good for our kids and I would have my boys play for him any day. Again I think you getting on here and making the statement that you made is very unfair to him but that is just my opinion.
[/quote]

I've made a slip or two and I'm PERFECT  ;D

Good Post TD!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin