SSSC U18/19 at Directors Cup

This team is made up with a few WB varsity and a few Kelly varsity and a few Lumberton varsity players.  A good group of girls that enjoy playing soccer and all get along.

I am not sure of any rulings that dictate the if you win a cup one year you have to move to the next level the following year.  If so, they did not say anything to us about it this year.

[quote name="dualdellortos" post="1012438" timestamp="1305811097"]
Just curious..... If they won Director's Cup last year, how is it that they aren't in President's Cup this year?
[/quote]

Do not know the specifics but.... usually it depends on your ranking amongst all gender specific teams in your age class in the EDDOA. You sign up for the Cup that you will most be competitive  and have success.. Mikes 93 Team won President's Cup 3 times.. Once at U11 and consecutively at U15 and U16... We went up to National Cup once or twice my mind slips me but it was not a pleasurable experience ... being the hyper competitive guy I am... I told Mike lets move up and play the Big Dogs.. You got to beat the best to be the best... Well the sheer numbers game gave me a rude awakening... Yes we could field a team of 11 and be some what competitive for 15 or 20 minutes but we did not have the depth to stay competitive throughout the whole game... ending in 3-1,4-0, 5-2 losses. I think we went 0-5 that Spring.... I tell you that will cure the ego real quick... Its a lot more fun to win and everybody including the parents have a better time.

Ask the U18/19 Dynamos... they just played 4 National Cup games and ended with a -16 goal differential.. 18 against and 2 for!  They are a good team just not deep enough to compete with the top teams from Eclipse, Challenge, Albion and Space City Premier.. So that is it in a nut shell the coach should stay where they can have the most success and be competitive.. It is no fun losing every weekend ( no matter how good it is for character building).  And conversely it is no fun blowing everyone out either. There is no substitute for a close.. hard fought.. 1 goal victory!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hawedex
    Newest Member
    hawedex