brainstorming

[quote name="UNLV" post="1009558" timestamp="1305246685"]
Lamar joins the Sunbelt for football only. UALR remains as a Sunbelt thorn. Lamar could solve that problem.
And I bet the SLC won't kick out our other sports.
[/quote]

I can shut this one down pretty quick. SLC rules state that member institutions must participate in SLC sponsored sports, and cannot participate in another conference if the SLC offers that sport. Only sports that are not sponsored by the SLC (women's bowling for example) are allowed to be under another conference.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="1009563" timestamp="1305247207"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=84204.msg1009558#msg1009558 date=1305246685]
Lamar joins the Sunbelt for football only. UALR remains as a Sunbelt thorn. Lamar could solve that problem.
[/quote]

I can shut this one down pretty quick. SLC rules state that member institutions must participate in SLC sponsored sports, and cannot participate in another conference if the SLC offers that sport. Only sports that are not sponsored by the SLC (women's bowling for example) are allowed to be under another conference.
[/quote]Yeah I know that rule. Rules can be changed or Lamar joins the Summit. We would kick butt there in every sport.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1009571" timestamp="1305247636"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=84204.msg1009563#msg1009563 date=1305247207]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah I know that rule. Rules can be changed or Lamar joins the Summit. We would kick butt there in every sport.
[/quote]

They just made the rule this year, probably in response to the idea that a team would try to be a football-only member in another conference. So, no, they probably wouldn't bend the rules for Lamar.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1009571" timestamp="1305247636"]Yeah I know that rule. Rules can be changed or Lamar joins the Summit. We would kick butt there in every sport.[/quote]

What benefit does Summit League get from adding Lamar? They've "centralized" more in the midwest. Your opinions are so completely asinine, it is unbelievable.

As mentioned on  BRI - you are giving Lamar a very bad name on the message boards with many of your viewpoints posted under the 'Craps' name elsewhere.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="1009573" timestamp="1305247752"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=84204.msg1009571#msg1009571 date=1305247636]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=84204.msg1009563#msg1009563 date=1305247207]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They just made the rule this year, probably in response to the idea that a team would try to be a football-only member in another conference. So, no, they probably wouldn't bend the rules for Lamar.
[/quote]The SLC LA schools will lose a lot of money. The SLC maybe desperate to keep Lamar.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="1009581" timestamp="1305248219"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=84204.msg1009571#msg1009571 date=1305247636]Yeah I know that rule. Rules can be changed or Lamar joins the Summit. We would kick butt there in every sport.[/quote]

What benefit does Summit League get from adding Lamar? They've "centralized" more in the midwest. Your opinions are so completely asinine, it is unbelievable.

As mentioned on  BRI - you are giving Lamar a very bad name on the message boards with many of your viewpoints posted under the 'Craps' name elsewhere.
[/quote]Wow, my Idea got Terror skurd Lamar might leave his beloved SLC. Heresy, isn't that right Terror? Stop with the ideas.

I think you gave Lamar a bad name by trying to package Lamar and Sam Houston together on every forum. I admit you did get a lot of simple minds to bite, especially a few Lamar fans. But overall it didn't work. I will point out every micro-crack of opportunity for Lamar to leave the SLC. Try to keep up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder