WAC To Announce Expansion Plans June 14

Lamar should have a plan B ready, the SBC. Lamar could get an invite for football only and act as UALR football to keep the balance.
The SLC did put in place a rule preventing schools in the SLC from joining other conferences as football members. I think something can be worked out since Lamar has yet to join SLC football.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1008761" timestamp="1305124078"]Lamar should have a plan B ready, the SBC. Lamar could get an invite for football only and act as UALR football to keep the balance.The SLC did put in place a rule preventing schools in the SLC from joining other conferences as football members. I think something can be worked out since Lamar has yet to join SLC football.
[/quote]

Lamar has already joined the Southland Conference for football - it is pretty ironclad at this point.

Have they played a SLC game? Nope - but they are on all the schedules for next year and counting as a league game.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="1009209" timestamp="1305212877"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=84138.msg1008761#msg1008761 date=1305124078]Lamar should have a plan B ready, the SBC. Lamar could get an invite for football only and act as UALR football to keep the balance.The SLC did put in place a rule preventing schools in the SLC from joining other conferences as football members. I think something can be worked out since Lamar has yet to join SLC football.
[/quote]

Lamar has already joined the Southland Conference for football - it is pretty ironclad at this point.

Have they played a SLC game? Nope - but they are on all the schedules for next year and counting as a league game.
[/quote]If Lamar had joined the WAC, would Lamar be eligible for the SLC football crown?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder