LUMBERTON Lady Raiders applicants?

I heard that the coaching job has officially been posted. In addition to looking in house, applications from outside the district are also being considered. I think that is a good thing. Not that the in-district coaches that are applying are not good candidates for the job, but it is always best to have a broad selection of applicants to choose from.  Good luck to all involved.
The names floating around so far are-
Nikki Goad
Mike Mayheaux
Coach Gerlofson
Josh Mitchell

Anyone hear of others interested? Coach Wilson returning, maybe? Someone told me Ricky Jacks of Vidor, but I am speptical about that one. He seems to have something good going at Vidor. And I doubt we pay better.

Last time LISD hired a girls BB coach, it was kind of a mid-Summer hiring. So I doubt they are in a hurry. But for parents it is interesting to follow. 

The teaching position is science, Lumberton most not want a girls basketball coach that bad, if they did the teaching field would be (Open), and to be honest its a no brainer who they should hire but seems to me that they are going to go hire someone thats already on the coaching staff, why would charlie wilson come back?? he left Lumberton because all his studs graduated, he was trying to find a way out of lumberton, and Jacks he's been to 6 schools in like 7 yrs, Lumberton needs a coach that will be there for the long haul to build a program from top to bottom, not a coach that is about to retire or that always jumps from one school to another.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Sportsman5" post="1011608" timestamp="1305582714"]
Josh Mitchell, hometown boy from lumberton and did very well this yr at deweyville and brought a different attitude to the girls basketball program this yr!!
[/quote]

I agree. Josh would do quite well at Lumberton.

He was at Hardin for 3 yrs as the Assistant Boys varsity coach, and then became the Head Girls Coach this yr at deweyville, I know he played in High School at Lumberton and was a pretty good player and was on the playoff team when Lumberton made it for the first time in school history, and he also played college baseball. I think if Lumberton wants to really bring in a coach to get the program back on track then he's the no brainer hire just my opinion but I think other people feel the same. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01