3 Area Coaches Apply For Galveston Ball Job

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1003622" timestamp="1304105280"]
Hey Dove, just curious why nobody wants to stay at HF? Is it the pay, politics, or what? How can you ask the kids in that program to be committed when the coach isn't even committed? One and done? Wow, no wonder BH wanted him gone.
[/quote]The man must be a realist. It is what it is!!!!!

The only reason I can think of as to why Price put in for the HC/AD job at Galveston Ball is because it is a much larger district and is bound to pay a lot more money than HF does. No offense to HF. JMO. I am a little suprised that Toby Foreman did not put in for it. I guess it is because he was a finalist for the WOS job which I am sure he wanted.

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="1003979" timestamp="1304133322"]
The only reason I can think of as to why Price put in for the HC/AD job at Galveston Ball is because it is a much larger district and is bound to pay a lot more money than HF does. No offense to HF. JMO. [b]I am a little suprised that Toby Foreman did not put in for it. I guess it is because he was a finalist for the WOS job which I am sure he wanted.[/b]
[/quote]

Probably more of a fact that Coach Foreman realized that Ball would not hire a 3A assistant for a 4A HC/AD job.  Coach Price doesn't have such an obstacle as he headed a 4A program for 4 years before coming to HF.

I am quite sure that Coach Price was looking for an increase in pay, in addition to the fact that he may be finding the situation in H-F is pretty similar to what he left in Barbers Hill.

[quote name="DTH" post="1004019" timestamp="1304135809"]
Toby Foreman seems to be mentioned everywhere. Sure sounds lime he needs go find a home. Is he peddling his name everywhere?  What is the buzz?
[/quote]

Actually, this is the 2nd year that Coach Foreman has been active in applying for head coaching jobs.  He did some applying last year.

It is nothing really sinister.  It is plainly this...Coach Foreman is ready to be a head coach and his credentials to become head coach are to the point where one school district made him a finalist for its HC/AD position.  Would he like for that position to have been at WO-S, I'm pretty sure he would have.  However, the hiring at WO-S which was confirmed this week means that head coaching opportunity there will not be open for another 5 years, maybe longer.  As he realizes that and still desires to be a head coach, he knows that, for the near future, anyway, he will have to seek that head coaching position elsewhere. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1004058" timestamp="1304139070"]
[quote author=DTH link=topic=83709.msg1004019#msg1004019 date=1304135809]
Toby Foreman seems to be mentioned everywhere. Sure sounds lime he needs go find a home. Is he peddling his name everywhere?  What is the buzz?
[/quote]

Actually, this is the 2nd year that Coach Foreman has been active in applying for head coaching jobs.  He did some applying last year.

It is nothing really sinister.  It is plainly this...Coach Foreman is ready to be a head coach and his credentials to become head coach are to the point where one school district made him a finalist for its HC/AD position.  Would he like for that position to have been at WO-S, I'm pretty sure he would have.  However, the hiring at WO-S which was confirmed this week means that head coaching opportunity there will not be open for another 5 years, maybe longer.  As he realizes that and still desires to be a head coach, he knows that, for the near future, anyway, he will have to seek that head coaching position elsewhere. 
[/quote]
Good job answering someone that doesn't have a clue, Grad.  Here's a  :-* for you.

Hey Grad

Just my opinion-- But it is going to be real tough for a young asst. who has never been a Head Coach to get a 3a or 4a Head coaching job no matter how good of a coach he is. Most guys have to start at a lower level. Being a Head Coach and AD requires a whole lot more than just knowing football and most schools want an experienced guy.. But Coach Foreman will get his chance and be a real good one.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="1004128" timestamp="1304176621"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=83709.msg1004058#msg1004058 date=1304139070]
[quote author=DTH link=topic=83709.msg1004019#msg1004019 date=1304135809]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Good job answering someone that doesn't have a clue, Grad.  Here's a  :-* for you.

Hey Grad

[/quote]

Hey, tigersvoice.  A simple applaud will do my man! LOL!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin