Re: Port Neches-Groves vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/PNG Wins!!!

bear fan I wasnt there but we cant put that on coaches shoulders.I have noticed that every sport from professional on down doesnt show respect to flag and country as they should.The only thing we can do is salute flag and try and show our children what is right.Congrats to both teams for hard fought game.

lefty...if it isnt the coach's fought for not teaching the boys than shame on the parents!  the first time my child would have shown that disrespect would have been the last time.  Not only would they have caught hell from me but from their grandfather and uncles!  I could say more but Im done. 

[quote name="bear fan" post="999995" timestamp="1303270071"]
all I have to say is I have never seen a group of boys that were sooo disrespectable as I witness tonight.  The PNG players were laffing, talking and even broke the line before the Star Spangle Banner was over.  That is just rude.  So many men and women gave their life so that you could have the freedom to play baseball and the least you could do is give them that respect back.  If that would have been my son out there I would be ashame of him of and the other players.  You just don't do that.    
[/quote]That's just not true.  I was at the game and I was impressed how both teams stood at attention with one hand behind their back during the national anthem.  You're obviously just trying to stir up trouble!

sorry cody

but you must have not been watching during the last six words of the anthem.

some (not all) left after three of those last six words

i am not near as embarrassed for them for that as i was for the language they used.  it seems to go unnoticed by their adults on the field. but you can't miss hearing it at the fence.

[quote name="bear fan" post="1000028" timestamp="1303271653"]
lefty...if it isnt the coach's fought for not teaching the boys than shame on the parents!  the first time my child would have shown that disrespect would have been the last time.  Not only would they have caught heck from me but from their grandfather and uncles!   I could say more but Im done. 
[/quote]

I was at the home opener for the Astros two weeks a go and a youg kid selling peanuts walked by us during the anthem. Big mistake. My nephew who is about 6' 5" 275 lbs, snatched his hat off his head and told him to sit still. He did.

[quote name="callumlikeiseeum" post="1000050" timestamp="1303273770"]
sorry cody

i am not near as embarrassed for them for that as i was for the language they used.  it seems to go unnoticed by their adults on the field. but you can't miss hearing it at the fence.
[/quote]
If you don't think that every single other team in the district (including your team) does not use filthy language, you're mistaken.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="No Punt Intended" post="1000103" timestamp="1303301315"]
[quote author=callumlikeiseeum link=topic=83409.msg1000050#msg1000050 date=1303273770]
sorry cody

[/quote]
If you don't think that every single other team in the district (including your team) does not use filthy language, you're mistaken.
[/quote]

These GCM boys are angels. ;D

When LCM played at PNG I stood next to the fence close to the LCM dugout. Every other word that came out of there mouth was a cuss word.
If LCM would've won that game last night there would've never been nothing said about it. Period!!!!!
So go cry to someone who cares.

Kids do use foul language before, during and after games.  Don't agree with it at all.  We as adults do it sometimes as well.  We all need to think before we speak!!  I believe Jalali yelled a curse word after Livingston beat them for the second time.  These kids need to remember you never know who is at your game watching you.  Show respect for yourself, teammates, coach and parents. 

Guest basesrloded
I'm a parent of a PNG Varsity Baseball player and I was at the game last night. I was totally embarassed by the behavior of our players during the National Anthem. Some boys were spitting sunflower seeds in the hair of others. I have to say not all the players were disrespectful, but the majority were farting around, and I was very embarassed of their behavior.  The LCM players showed class.  As far as all the "F" bombs being thrown around, the coach & the players need to stop it. Sick & tierd of it!!!  It was a great game played by both teams with tremendous emotions.  

Whaaaaaat 18 yr olds use bad language...I never did that when I was 18 ;)..I was not at the this game last night but was keeping up with it..I had several friends at the game and I understand that their was a lot of disrespect towards coaches from a player ...What these kids need to think about is ..NO COLLEGE IS GOING TO EVEN LOOK AT A KID THAT THROWS THE "F" BOMB AT HIS COACH ..and the opposing coach...TRUST ME THE COLLEGES WILL FIND OUT SOME HOW..And I will say this my son is no Angel... I had a come to Jesus meeting with my son about his mouth and his attitude after the P.N.G game last week...Sometimes you have to be a parent you can't always depend on the coach to parent your kid...That being said nice win for P.N.G and the Bulldogs ;)

[quote name="roar!" post="1000137" timestamp="1303305585"]
Kids do use foul language before, during and after games.  Don't agree with it at all.  We as adults do it sometimes as well.  We all need to think before we speak!!  I believe XXXX yelled a curse word after Livingston beat them for the second time.  These kids need to remember you never know who is at your game watching you.  Show respect for yourself, teammates, coach and parents. 
[/quote]
Please do not id a player by name when criticizing him.

[quote name="basesrloded" post="1000138" timestamp="1303305751"]
I'm a parent of a PNG Varsity Baseball player and I was at the game last night. I was totally embarassed by the behavior of our players during the National Anthem. Some boys were spitting sunflower seeds in the hair of others. I have to say not all the players were disrespectful, but the majority were farting around, and I was very embarassed of their behavior.  The LCM players showed class.  [color=red]As far as all the "F" bombs being thrown around, the coach & the players need to stop it. Sick & tierd of it!!![/color]  It was a great game played by both teams with tremendous emotions. 
[/quote]

+1

I've watched alot of baseball in my years from 6 yr olds all the way up and over the last 10 or 15 yrs. this kind of behavior has gotten worse and you dont have to look very far to wonder where they learn it. Few years back the police had to be called 4 times through out the season at a field where 7 & 8 year olds played and it was not due to the actions of the players but their good ole moms and pops sitting in the stands, coaches should not put up with foul mouth players at any level. Some people seem to forget to let the kids have fun and play ball . jmho

[quote name="77" post="1000206" timestamp="1303311049"]
I've watched alot of baseball in my years from 6 yr olds all the way up and over the last 10 or 15 yrs. this kind of behavior has gotten worse and you dont have to look very far to wonder where they learn it. Few years back the police had to be called 4 times through out the season at a field where 7 & 8 year olds played and it was not due to the actions of the players but their good ole moms and pops sitting in the stands, coaches should not put up with foul mouth players at any level. Some people seem to forget to let the kids have fun and play ball . jmho
[/quote]

Bingo....we have a winner !

Thank you basesrloded....I never mentioned the foul languages or made excuses about the game.  It just floored me the disrespect that was given during the national anthem and so true you never know who is watching.  It was a great game wish the outcome would have been different but cant change that. 

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1000150" timestamp="1303307381"]
Whaaaaaat 18 yr olds use bad language...I never did that when I was 18 ;)..I was not at the this game last night but was keeping up with it..I had several friends at the game and I understand that their was a lot of disrespect towards coaches from a player ...What these kids need to think about is ..NO COLLEGE IS GOING TO EVEN LOOK AT A KID THAT THROWS THE "F" BOMB AT HIS COACH ..and the opposing coach...TRUST ME THE COLLEGES WILL FIND OUT SOME HOW..And I will say this my son is no Angel... I had a come to Jesus meeting with my son about his mouth and his attitude after the P.N.G game last week...Sometimes you have to be a parent you can't always depend on the coach to parent your kid...That being said nice win for P.N.G and the Bulldogs ;)
[/quote]

Basebow, from what I remember when did you use a word that was not a cuss word?? :)

Its funny how you change when you have kids, I get in trouble for using the words "shut up" or "stupid" in my house, by my 3 year old!

First off it was a great game...lcm didn't capitalize on a few key plays and it ended up costing them the game.

Second....the disrespect shown by some of the png players was out of hand.  Anytime a player gets in an argument with a coach from the other team and then throws a baseball at him, the player should not have the privilege of playing.  This is just ridiculous behavior.  Then at the end of the game the same player,along with many others, shouting obscenities towards the other team.

I could see why png has had a couple of great players quit this year.

Just wondering why not one person has said anything about how the LCM Assistant Coach acted (he is the grown-up here)?  We are not getting the whole story here????  I wonder what the LCM young man said to the PNG player to provoke?  Also if you are to busy watching what the boys are doing during the National Anthem then you are not giving the Flag the respect it deserves either?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wew
    Newest Member
    wew