New Caney

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="999405" timestamp="1303222780"]
How are they not ranked top 10 in the state? They are 20-2-1 with the only losses to st Thomas and Huffman way back in the oak ridge tournament.
[/quote]

I agree, that sounds ridiculous.

[quote name="DaBears" post="1000076" timestamp="1303297535"]
They havent played anyone.
[/quote]

I agree...  Awesome record, but not exactly a tough district.  Most of the state ranked teams, have similar records, but have big wins and have played a tougher schedule.  They should be real close to cracking the top 10 though. Also, they will get a chance to prove theirselves here in a couple weeks, when the playoffs start.  Their first round game looks like it will be 17-4A's Montgomery Bears.

I would think Nederland would be close to cracking the Top 10.  They have a 21-4 record with a win over the #2 5a team Fort Bend Clements, as well as some quality wins against other good 5a schools.  Their loses were against good Langham Creek and Cy Ranch teams in close games and one bad inning against Vidor.

I know rankings don't mean squat come playoff time, but its nice to see your team recognized for there hard work.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1000114" timestamp="1303303740"]
I would think Nederland would be close to cracking the Top 10.  They have a 21-4 record with a win over the #2 5a team Fort Bend Clements, as well as some quality wins against other good 5a schools.  Their loses were against good Langham Creek and Cy Ranch teams in close games and one bad inning against Vidor.

I know rankings don't mean squat come playoff time, but its nice to see your team recognized for there hard work.
[/quote]

Last time I checked clements was a top 5 team in the nation. Not just state ranked.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1000149" timestamp="1303307326"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=83343.msg1000114#msg1000114 date=1303303740]

[/quote]

Last time I checked clements was a top 5 team in the nation. Not just state ranked.
[/quote]

Correct, They are ranked 13th in the country.  Also Langham Creek which beat Nederland 2-0, was also ranked and just dropped out of the Top 25 in the nation this week.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/high-school/team-rankings/2011/2611564.html

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1000109" timestamp="1303302619"]
[quote author=DaBears link=topic=83343.msg1000076#msg1000076 date=1303297535]
They havent played anyone.
[/quote]

I agree...  Awesome record, but not exactly a tough district.  Most of the state ranked teams, have similar records, but have big wins and have played a tougher schedule.  They should be real close to cracking the top 10 though. Also, they will get a chance to prove theirselves here in a couple weeks, when the playoffs start.  Their first round game looks like it will be 17-4A's Montgomery Bears.
[/quote]

I see where they had LCM, Nederland, and Montgomery on the schedule. Have no idea if these games were played or were scrimmages. These kids from New Caney played in what was one of the top 5A districts in the state the last two years. It has helped them tremendously this year.

[quote name="bobtex" post="1000268" timestamp="1303315154"]
Is 17-4a ,a tough district?
[/quote]

Tough top end, very weak bottom.

Top- Brenham, Magnolia, Montgomery (seems that Magnola West has gotten a lot better and will be a good program for years to come... Also Stratford who has been having a tough time this year, but was a competitive 5A program not long ago)

Bottom- Waller, Spring Woods, Northbrook

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi