Middle School 7 on 7

Getting prepared to have the 2nd annual middle school 7 on 7 football tournament. Last year we had teams from WOS, Lumberton, Nederland, Bridge City, PNG, and Hamshire Fannet. The tournament is for incomming (2011) 7th and 8th graders. For more information send me a message. 

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1001140" timestamp="1303437850"]
I know we will have an 8th grade. Working on someone to take care of the 7th.
[/quote]

I have some guys ready for 7th grade 7 on 7 and can get a few more guys. I don't know enough about football to take care of it but I can and will get the boys that need to be there.

[quote name="td" post="1001934" timestamp="1303691201"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=83296.msg1001140#msg1001140 date=1303437850]
I know we will have an 8th grade. Working on someone to take care of the 7th.
[/quote]

I have some guys ready for 7th grade 7 on 7 and can get a few more guys. I don't know enough about football to take care of it but I can and will get the boys that need to be there.
[/quote]

I know you will, T. I will call you soon about it.

[quote name="DTH" post="1001987" timestamp="1303734475"]
Middle school 7 on 7  ??? ??? ???

What a joke!
[/quote]

You think? I dont think the kids that played last year thought it was. They had a good time, so did the hundreds of fans. I guess you dont understand the "joke"

[quote name="Hotrodg" post="1004602" timestamp="1304279247"]
How many middle schoolers participate in this?
[/quote]

Last year we had 9 teams. Right now we have Nederland, WOS, Bridge City, Lumberton, Hamshire Fannett, PNG. 7th graders play their own bracket, and 8th graders play theirs. Each team is guaranteed 3 games, 2 pool game then bracket play. 2 20 minute halves. We pretty much follow the Texas state tourney rules.  Each team usually has about 13 to 16 players. We have high school refs that do the games.

Want more info let me know... send me a message if you want to put in a team. Detailed info will posted by the end of the week and working on a website.

My son came home today and said that they were told the incoming 8th graders at HJ are not having a team because some parents complained about what positions their kids were playing and how the teams were put together.  Once again a few parents spoil it for the rest of the kids.  I hope that there is more to the story about why they decided not to participate and are not letting these parents influence their decision making. This is starting to happen more and more at HJ.  Parents need to let the coaches do their jobs.  Don't Get Bitter, Get Better!!

[quote name="HJWSUP" post="1005373" timestamp="1304455812"]
My son came home today and said that they were told the incoming 8th graders at HJ are not having a team because some parents complained about what positions their kids were playing and how the teams were put together.  Once again a few parents spoil it for the rest of the kids.  I hope that there is more to the story about why they decided not to participate and are not letting these parents influence their decision making. This is starting to happen more and more at HJ.  Parents need to let the coaches do their jobs.  Don't Get Bitter, Get Better!!
[/quote]

Dont they already have positions from 7th grade football?

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1005468" timestamp="1304477909"]
[quote author=HJWSUP link=topic=83296.msg1005373#msg1005373 date=1304455812]
[/quote]

Dont they already have positions from 7th grade football?
[/quote]

All I was told was that some parents complained and that HJ incoming 8th graders would not be participating in 7 on 7 this year.  I don't know the whole story behind the nature of the complaints.  I am going on what I was told by my son and talking to other parents who heard the same story from their kids.  Maybe someone who knows more about the situation will post a reply.

• 2 weeks later...
It is not sponsored by the school. All the teams are put together from their school district.

Sorry for the delay on info. We had to get the dates set and place to play. The dates will be July 22nd and July 29th ( 2 separate tournaments)
July 22 will be in Nederland, July 29 TBD. Please send me a message with your e-mail if you to put in a team. There will a bracket for 7th grade and a bracket for 8th grade. You can mix 7th & 8th grade but will have to play in the 8th grade bracket. 7th graders will use a TDJ or equivalent and [b]8th grade can use whatever size they use in district play[/b]. All teams guaranteed 3 games. Once I get everyones info, I can set up a contact list so you can set-up scrimmages during the summer if you like.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1012386" timestamp="1305773672"]
Bulldog, why must the 8th grade use a varsity size ball when it's not a requirement in season?
[/quote]

The varisty ball is what we play with in our district, but if you use the smaller ball that will be ok. I remember last year HF used a smaller ball, but I dont remember yall using it. Use whatevr you use in school.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1012689" timestamp="1305857526"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=83296.msg1012386#msg1012386 date=1305773672]
Bulldog, why must the 8th grade use a varsity size ball when it's not a requirement in season?
[/quote]

The varisty ball is what we play with in our district, but if you use the smaller ball that will be ok. I remember last year HF used a smaller ball, but I dont remember yall using it. Use whatevr you use in school.
[/quote]

Most years it's a varsity size ball. But, we may have a very small QB this yr.  ;D Just making sure we could if that's what it comes to.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for the delay on updating information. We are having a problem with the July 30th date, but should be resolve by Wednesday.
If you are interested in entering a team, send me a message with your e-mail. I will send you a  registration form, rules and a schedule when it is time.
As of now, the 7on7 tournament in Nederland will be July 23rd and PNG will host July 30th. Each team will get 2 pool games and then seeded into bracket play (single elimination).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder