District 22AA vs District 23AA

Which district is better top through bottom?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which district is better top through bottom?

• District 22AA
    • District 23AA

No comparison in baseball. 22 got this locked down lol let's compare...

Nacogdoches Central Heights vs Warren-- CH 18 Warren 1
Hemphill vs Anahuac-- Hemphill 12 Anahuac 3
Woodville vs Buna-- Woodville 9 Buna 5
Corrigan Camden vs Hardin-- CC 21 Hardin 4
Woden vs Kountze-- Woden 5 Kountze 3
Newton vs Deweyville-- Newton 4 Deweyville 2
San Augustine vs East Chambers-- SA 2 EC 14

Series goes to 22AA, 6-1

All in my assumptions and opinions of course. Comments?

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="998286" timestamp="1302945450"]

Series goes to 22AA, 6-1

[/quote]

I think the series would be 4-3 in favor of 22-2A.
CH, Woodville, Hemphill, and Corrigan Camden are the best teams. After that tho, it falls of tremendously. I believe Newton would not beat Deweyville and Kountze would beat Woden. And sadly SA would get beat as well. But the top 4 teams in 22-2A are better than the 4 in 24-2A. Just my opinion

[quote name="SportsN3rd" post="998341" timestamp="1302966010"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=83250.msg998286#msg998286 date=1302945450]

[quote author=BrEaK_eM_OfF link=topic=83250.msg998321#msg998321 date=1302961482]
CH is really good but other than that eagle fan. Noone in that district is very strong either.
[/quote]

You really have no idea what you're talking about lol CC has two great pitchers. Both better than any pitcher in 24AA. Yes including Price and the kid from Buna. Hemphill has a freshman thatshit eight bombs and has one of the top averages in class 2A. Also throws low to mid eighties and has the stuff to shut down any team in 24AA. Woodville is pretty consistent 1-9 except for the Briers kid who is probably one of the better defensive shortstops in class 2A. Actually started over Warrens shortstop last year when he was in Woodville. Not knockin him but Briers is good. And CH, they can smash 1-9 and have 3 pitchers that can bring it consistently. We will see in the playoffs.
Series goes to 22AA, 6-1

[/quote]

I think the series would be 4-3 in favor of 22-2A.
CH, Woodville, Hemphill, and Corrigan Camden are the best teams. After that tho, it falls of tremendously. I believe Newton would not beat Deweyville and Kountze would beat Woden. And sadly SA would get beat as well. But the top 4 teams in 22-2A are better than the 4 in 24-2A. Just my opinion

[/quote]

1 or 2 players on a team dnt make u win.  Gives you a good chance but doesn't make you win... ask TreY Haley n Vardemon n Dane Phillips I think his name was.... Buna smashed them huh? Lol not sayin your district isn't better as far as top teams I jus think other than CH teams in both districts are pretty even.

Yeah you're right about that team. They were good. That was Bunas good year. All the teams in that district are inconsistent. Both have lost to teams and come bak and beat them. They're all decent teams. But if you play the three playoff teams from 22 vs the three from 24 i think you gotta go with 22 all the way.

[quote name="BrEaK_eM_OfF" post="998423" timestamp="1302975421"]
1 or 2 players on a team dnt make u win.  Gives you a good chance but doesn't make you win... ask TreY Haley n Vardemon n Dane Phillips I think his name was.... Buna smashed them huh? Lol not sayin your district isn't better as far as top teams [b]I jus think other than CH teams in both districts are pretty even.[/b]
[/quote]
I agree.

[quote name="BrEaK_eM_OfF" post="998483" timestamp="1302985497"]
I definitely would not say that team was better than the 08 one. Same goes for Hemphill.... hemphill was legit.
[/quote]
You don't know what you're talking about. CH is much better this year than 08, more of a team and more balance all around. And scoring 5 runs apiece in both games isn't exactly "smashing" FYI.

I bet you haven't even seen CH play this year.

Idk if you have noticed but the talent in the area is down jus a bit. They have a guy who got drafted n a guy who beasted it up his freshman year at OK state with complementary players who were over average and Vardemon was also good. And we scored 5 off of the 94 + fastball. And if im not mistaken we ripped Vardemon the next day. Im not sayin CH is bit good this year but to say they are better that 08 team. .idk about all that.

[quote name="Baseball11-5" post="998729" timestamp="1303062057"]
Other then Central Heights i think 24AA is better. Bunas always been a power house and warren anahuac and hardin have some good squads this year. But hopefully we'll meet up in the playoffs and find out whos better :)
[/quote]
The topic is 22-2A Vs 24-2A. That includes EVERY team. So if you include Central Heights, which district is stronger?

I'm gonna favor 22 2A. Hemphill is strong with Twine on the mound (already beat Warren, a top dog in 24). Corrigan will be strong in one game with hooks on the mound, no hit Woodville and they also beat Hemphill. Woodville is a sleeper, they'll sneak up on you though if you aren't careful. They'll hit the ball pretty hard. Woden had a lefty that wasn't bad, but he's injured, so they don't really stand any chance without him. Newton may play a couple 24 bottom feeders close, but will prbly still get beat. SA won't compete period, but they have improved greatly from the first time we played them to the second time. JMO

However, I cannot really speak for anyone in 24, so I'm just a biased as the rest of you.

Guest THE FAN
[quote name="BluePride152011" post="998622" timestamp="1303012023"]
[quote author=BrEaK_eM_OfF link=topic=83250.msg998483#msg998483 date=1302985497]
I definitely would not say that team was better than the 08 one. Same goes for Hemphill.... hemphill was legit.
[/quote]
You don't know what you're talking about. CH is much better this year than 08, more of a team and more balance all around. And scoring 5 runs apiece in both games isn't exactly "smashing" FYI.

I bet you haven't even seen CH play this year.
[/quote]

You got some marbles loose I believe. CH is good this year, but are you KIDDING me? Try were ranked number 1 in state in 08. A Rawlings all American throwing low to mid 90's. Who was drafted outbid high school. Then a # 2 throwing mid to upper 80's. With a catcher who started as a true freshman at div. 1 Oklahoma state and not only started but went off. The rest of the 6 weren't bad either. Seriously doubt they can compare to 08 team but could be wrong. And 10 runs score and only 2 allowed Is pretty impressive in 3rd round against those two pitchers. And Hemphills 08 team was legit. Not even same ballpark as this years squad.

I've seen Warren, kountze, hardin and Buna play. Warren has smart players and they are a solid hitting team. They would play a good game with hemphill again. Kountze is pretty middle of the road. Hardin could hit the ball when I saw them, and buna has struck me to be kind of inconsistent.

In district 22, central heights obviously beats anyone. Hemphill can hit the ball very well, not too good in the field. Corrigan is on fire right now and hooks is an exceptional pitcher. Woodville just needs to show up and play. Slow starts have hurt them. They have good ballplayers but just haven't quite put a whole game together. Woden was hurt bad with the injury to their best player because that was the majority of the talent. Newton has two or three guys that can hit but they don't really care. San Augustine......no comment.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder