Warren vs. Anahuac Game Thread/Anahuac wins/Comments

Sounds like what happens when any team that has been making a good run, then kind of hits a wall.  Everything that goes wrong is not their fault.  Maybe I'm wrong, but typically thats how it happens.  I know personally, when were losing, the umps are always terrible and when your winning you tend to overlook or yell a bit quieter at least.

I wasn't there to see the game but I do know the young coach who handles the first base duties and I've never seen him get irate enough to get the hook, now his dad may be a different story LOL.This district is fun to watch this season maybe not the strength of years past but it's definitely tight.

Very good game. The teams were pretty evenly matched. I was a shame that the field ump made the difference in the game, two late and bad calls.  The bad sportsmanship came from guys in blue.  If a coach lets a obvious bad call go, I don't want him.  Usuallly when a coach gets ejected it's because he was right and the ump can't deal with it.  Warren made enough mistakes to lose without help.

[quote name="BrEaK_eM_OfF" post="998318" timestamp="1302961285"]
Umpires these days. What are they thinking? Giving the seat belt to a coach who disagrees with a call and questions the umps authority? What is baseball coming to these days? Lol
[/quote]
After being in the business 30 years,  Maybe they are just not thinking.  I am here to tell you the officiating these days is terrible.  Baseball and basketball officials seem to be making themselves part of the play.  They make judgements on the rules rather than administer them. And that is why they get their authority questioned.

Close calls are part of the game. Bad calls, like an inconsistent strike zone, they too are part of High School  Baseball. The issue is the two calls by the field ump were not close calls and were so far past bad as to border on deliberate. ( Called out TWO steps AFTER first base? Hey, I saw the film...)

Having played against Anhuac in the 80's and watched friends and family compete against them thru the present, The umpires in Anhuac always do seem to support a strong home field advantage. Our coach just preached to take the Umps out of the game. Bad strike zone? Hit the ball. Ect..

A win is a win you gotta deal with it. Anahuac let Warren back into that game and everybody that was screamin at the umps including the stud first base coach knows that. Anahuac won the game the bad calls in the end wouldnt have even happened if there werent a few mistakes by Anahuac.

Watch baseball much?? Anhuac was in the game due to Warren errors. Warren stayed in the game (dispite any questionable calls) due to solid play and solid hitting. And yes, a win is a win no matter how ugly and Anhuac did win. Anhuac will probably secure 3rd place go to the playoffs and get thier yearly one and done over with. But, I'll call it now, mark it on your callendar, the next TWO years, Warren sweeps Anhuac. 

[quote author=Pocogrande link=topic=83219.msg998786#msg998786 date=1303074415]
Watch baseball much?? Anhuac was in the game due to Warren errors. Warren stayed in the game (dispite any questionable calls) due to solid play and solid hitting. And yes, a win is a win no matter how ugly and Anhuac did win. Anhuac will probably secure 3rd place go to the playoffs and get thier yearly one and done over with. But, I'll call it now, mark it on your callendar, the next TWO years, Warren sweeps Anhuac.  

I may be wrong...................but I think it might be spelled 'Anahuac'. Mark that on your 'calendar'.

[quote name="Pocogrande" post="998786" timestamp="1303074415"]
[/quote]

Errors are the reason most teams in 2A lose baseball games, and Warren had more errors than Anahuac.  It's sad that you want Anahuac to lose after their first playoff game, MOST people want teams from their district to do well since it represents the district well.  And even if you do sweep Anahuac for the next two years just remember that Anahauc has swept Warren for the last two years.  Congrats to Warren on winning some games this year, but don't get the big head just because you are in first.  Do you even remember last time Warren won district in any boy sport?  Let this be a time of joy for the boys not gloating.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder