Next WO-S Head Football Coach.....COACH THOMPSON IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1000429" timestamp="1303330665"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=82860.msg1000427#msg1000427 date=1303330588]
Well dang....what can we talk about on the football board now....it's gonna get boring...lol...Congrats to Coach T....very deserving
[/quote]

How about the new defensive co-ordinator?
[/quote]

Will there be any other positions to fill or will he keep the same staff? Lots of unknowns. The big question has been answered though.

[quote name="td" post="1000438" timestamp="1303331446"]
All of the negative things about the Super and or the process should have never been said. Not to mention the things that weren't said but implied and most of you know exactly what I mean.

[/quote]

yep

[quote name="td" post="1000438" timestamp="1303331446"]
All of the negative things about the Super and or the process should have never been said. Not to mention the things that weren't said but implied and most of you know exactly what I mean.

[/quote]

Sadly, I have to disagree.  I do not harbor one bit of regret for what I posted on this thread.  The information I received was rock solid and the conclusions that I made were reasonable and, I can say now, shared by many in the coaching fraternity as well as among alumni and taxpayers in the WO-C CISD.  

Were the conclusions incorrect?  Yes and I can tell you no one is more thrilled that I was wrong than I am!  The children and community that is the West Orange-Cove Consolidated have seen a step taken with those programs that indicate a commitment to achievement and excellence.

Congratulations to Coach Thompson on his appointment as head football coach of the West Orange-Stark Mustangs and athletic director of the WO-C CISD and good luck for years to come and congratulations to Mr. Colbert on recognizing the excellence required to keep the football program on the path of achievement and executing on that recognition.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1000450" timestamp="1303332554"]
Now fellas give my friend Coach T some breathing room after that 1st heartbreaker with the Dogs at Provost Umphrey. The Stangs will will be OK.
[/quote]

Heartbreaker?  Yeah I guess the 'Stangs only winning by a touchdown or two will be a disappointment in Coach Thompson's eyes!

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1000473" timestamp="1303334624"]
Just got off the horn with the Supt. I've been offered the DC position.  ;D We will be running a 3-3-5 base defense blitzing 90% of the time. CHAIN LINK DEFENSE IS BACK!  ;D
[/quote]

Wait!  I thought you were Coach Neece's new OC at Kirbyville? Boy, that is gonna create a heck of a conflict of interest come Week 5!

I personally think that all the talk in support of Coach T on this site and the community forced the sup and the committee's hand in doing the right thing and the only thing, to hire the right man for the job, Cornell Thompson.

Everyone here on the site is to be commended for doing their job making the sup and committee do their job.

Congrats Cornell Thompson on being [b]RECOMMENDED[/b] for the position of AD/HC at WOS High school!!

Here's to hoping the school board "does it's job" ;) and votes you in as athletic director.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1000454" timestamp="1303333219"]
[quote author=td link=topic=82860.msg1000438#msg1000438 date=1303331446]

[/quote]

Sadly, I have to disagree.  I do not harbor one bit of regret for what I posted on this thread.  The information I received was rock solid and the conclusions that I made were reasonable and, I can say now, shared by many in the coaching fraternity as well as among alumni and taxpayers in the WO-C CISD.  

Were the conclusions incorrect?  Yes and I can tell you no one is more thrilled that I was wrong than I am!  The children and community that is the West Orange-Cove Consolidated have seen a step taken with those programs that indicate a commitment to achievement and excellence.

Congratulations to Coach Thompson on his appointment as head football coach of the West Orange-Stark Mustangs and athletic director of the WO-C CISD and good luck for years to come and congratulations to Mr. Colbert on recognizing the excellence required to keep the football program on the path of achievement and executing on that recognition.

[/quote]

Sadly I have to disagree. How in the world can you say the information was rock solid. That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Not one thing happened the way you said/thought it was going to happen. I'm just an insurance agent but if that is rock solid evidence then I'm in the wrong business. Like I said, too many negative things were said and the man was never given a chance to do the right thing. I regret your statements not only for you but for the community that was stirred up and why? For no reason at all.

No hard feelings we just see things completely different on this matter.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder