ULMonroe is FBS, Lamar is not

The Bears previously scheduled a home-and-home with ULM for 2012 and 2013, but the two schools have swapped host dates. Baylor will now travel to ULM on September 22, 2012 and host the Warhawks on August 31, 2013.

http://www.fbschedules.com/

How's FBS going for them?

It's essentially killed off all their other sports. Many of the sports that they were known for prior to going FBS and even when still in the Southland, have fallen so far off the back of the bus - its embarrassing.

They are probably the worst-funded FBS program in America, but guess it's okay since they beat that school in Alabama a few years back.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="993692" timestamp="1302091072"]

It's essentially killed off all their other sports. Many of the sports that they were known for prior to going FBS and even when still in the Southland, have fallen so far off the back of the bus - its embarrassing.

They are probably the worst-funded FBS program in America, but guess it's okay since they beat that school in Alabama a few years back.
[/quote]They get Baylor at home, we get Panhandle st at home.

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="UNLV" post="993721" timestamp="1302096194"]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=82782.msg993692#msg993692 date=1302091072]

[/quote]

Everyone has to realize this is a process.  It's a very long process at that.  If we get an invite to go to the WAC tomorrow and the administrators at Lamar think we are ready, then I'm on board.  However, right now we need the "Panhandle State(s)" of the schedule to get experience.  Please realize that Woodard is new to the world of DI athletics coaching as well.  So going from playing junior college teams to Baylor and Texas seems drastic.  I like that we play Hawaii and A&M in the next couple of years, but I think unless we are completely ready for them, we need to keep those games in a couple of years and not get trigger-happy.

[/quote]

you are a whiny thang

[/quote]

Yeah that sounds great.  Lets get Baylor at home so we can lose 70-0.  That sound awesome.  Terrible idea for a second year program.  Terrible!

I'm a little nervous playing TAMU @ Kyle Field in 2013.  They could run up a big score in that one.  But probably not any worse than what happenend in Nac-a-nowhere last year.  I'm with you on this one UNLV, would like to see some name schools in Beaumont but that won't happen until the stadium gets expanded to 30k.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="993969" timestamp="1302118893"]
I'm a little nervous playing TAMU @ Kyle Field in 2013.  They could run up a big score in that one.  But probably not any worse than what happenend in Nac-a-nowhere last year.  I'm with you on this one UNLV, would like to see some name schools in Beaumont but that won't happen until the stadium gets expanded to 30k.
[/quote]Won't happen being FCS.

[quote name="UNLV" post="994195" timestamp="1302186246"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=82782.msg993969#msg993969 date=1302118893]
[/quote]Won't happen being FCS.
[/quote]

I could have been clearer.  The stadium won't be expanded to  30k unless we go FBS.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder