Warren vs. Hardin Game Thread/Warren wins/Comments

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah and just like the kid from kountze that throws mid 80's lol and he throws 78-80 every good pitcher in that district throws 78-80, maybe bump it up there 82 if that sometimes but not one pitcher throws it mid 80's like the kountze fans were stating 3 weeks ago!!!

hillin and clark were consistent at 80-83, might have hit 86 or higher sometimes but doesn't mean you throw that but they set at 80-83 but what made them good at the 2a level was they could throw a curveball over for a strike and mixed up there pitches well!!!

I know the year buna went to state they were throwin 84 to 86 constant and would touch 87 88. Both struggled their sr years I know Hillin had elbow trouble. But you are right. The reason they were so effective was because they didn't walk ppl n could hit spots. Beat some good 3a teams that year as well.

I know for fact Josh Clark from Buna last year was consistent at 87 and topped out at 89 because they had a gun on him all night. Kolby Baxter from Buna was prolly at 84. Ive seen cameron mitchell from anahuac top out at 85 and colby price from kountze probably touched 83 or 84 a couple times friday night. Lefty from hardin in there too.

Guest baseball25
These guys are all good 2a pitchers no doubt about it but if they were this consistent at 84-85 they would be prospects getting hard looks expecially since they are lefties, remember if it's a jugs gun the take 2-3 mph off, if it's a spectrum radar gun then it's right!!! Just bec they top out at 85 doesn't mean they are consistent, all these guys are consistent at 79-81...

Well, I can't speak for the others, but I know the story on Colby Price (Holzapfel is his legal name, he just goes by his stepdad's name).  This summer and fall, he started playing for a team in Katy,where he was doing velocity training.  He was gunned at a couple of different tournaments by scouts at 87-88.  (Yes, probably with a Jugs) So that is where the rumor got started that he throws in the mid 80's.  When he started playing highschool ball again, his velocity has dropped some from where it was this fall.  He's already bringing it back up.  He looked a little better Friday against Anahuac, but still has a way to go.  Someone is coming in a few weeks to gun him, so we'll have something a little more official in few weeks to either squelch or confirm the rumors!  ;)  Good luck to all the above mentioned kids, they are ALL keepin it interesting this year!

[quote name="Ana1986" post="989465" timestamp="1301354589"]
I know for fact Josh Clark from Buna last year was consistent at 87 and topped out at 89 because they had a gun on him all night. Kolby Baxter from Buna was prolly at 84. Ive seen cameron mitchell from anahuac top out at 85 and colby price from kountze probably touched 83 or 84 a couple times friday night. Lefty from hardin in there too.
[/quote]He was never consistentat 85 he was radared when they went to state at 81-83 andthat was by a stalker same as what the scouts use.

[quote name="chupacabra" post="989685" timestamp="1301409884"]
[quote author=Chumlee link=topic=82267.msg989682#msg989682 date=1301409778]
Evadale Would Murder bothh teams

[/quote]
Possibly the most random comment I have seen in ages, and I don't even see the point in posting that but...........I agree  8)
[/quote]

Yea of course Evadale has to put there two cents in.... and evadale posters wanna know why ppl always want them to lose.... Evadale would destroy both these teams?? yall beat Deweyville by 3 lol

[quote name="BrEaK_eM_OfF" post="989698" timestamp="1301412878"]
Brandon Hillin hit 90 at the state game. Idr but it looked like Clark was throwin a lil harder than 81 to 83.
[/quote]I know that the same radar was on him too dont remember what he threw but it was not 90. Clark did hit 84-85 once in a while but not consistent. When a high school pitcher throws upper 80's or 90 there alot of scouts from colleges and the pro level there. I have a cousin that pitched 85-87 consistent and he had scouts from both pro and college at the games he pitched  he signed with the cleveland Indians .  

[quote name="BrEaK_eM_OfF" post="989723" timestamp="1301417186"]
Both got recruited. The past is the past this thread is present. Sorry for bringing it up on ur message board hardin n warren.
[/quote]I am aware they both got recruited just saying you always here how fast someone is throwing and it is never as much as you here.

He got recruited as a infielder not a pitcher, he hasn't pitched 1 inning this yr yet!!! Promise you if he was consistent 86-87 he would be throwing some innings at the juco level, I promise you that. They both got recruited as infielders not pitchers....

[quote name="bball111" post="989783" timestamp="1301424390"]
He got recruited as a infielder not a pitcher, he hasn't pitched 1 inning this yr yet!!! Promise you if he was consistent 86-87 he would be throwing some innings at the juco level, I promise you that. They both got recruited as infielders not pitchers....
[/quote]

He was recruited as RHP/SS. And for other posts, not sure about Hillin but know for fact Clark was recruited and looked at by Pro/D1/ and Juco scouts.

Ok bball111 apparantly you have no idea what your talking about. Anybody that's seen Josh Clark pitch will back up the statement that he's consistent at 86-87 the hole game and will touch 89-90 every now and then. And I'm sure he's throwing even harder now that he's got almost a year of college ball under his belt. Does anybody know if he's gonna transfer from Seminole or what? Somebody other than bball111 answer this question for me lol

Guest baseball25
Here is the Junior college sports association website with stats. Hope this helps some of yall.

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_stats.cfm?sid=7&divid=0&slid=3&seasonselect=529&collegeid=1262&report_id=3598&requesttimeout=500

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder